Discuss With me About the Spray Pole

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
Lando

Re: Discuss With me About the Spray Pole

Post by Lando » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:11 pm

I got the .026" Connect Core shooting line. I would take that ridgeline for the 6 wt. spray pole Hogleg sent in the mail........ :cool
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

root wad

Post by root wad » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:11 pm

If you have an old WF 1 or 2 weight line, even a 3, that is of marginal value or condition the wear will be in the front taper and the back 3/4 of it makes an adequate running line in a pinch.
"A hatchery is what you get 'when you cross a sacred cow with a military base.'" Dr. Bernard Shanks
"When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns."

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:37 pm

10ft T-11 sinktip OPST 350 head lashed to 50lb mono running line .....or a 10wt steel/salmo taper SA line...whatever floats your boat
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

G_Smolt

Post by G_Smolt » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:59 pm

pbrstreetgang wrote:Interesting info from some dbag:

https://echoflyfishingblog.com/2017/01/ ... ieronymus/
What a Dbag.

Everyone knows that dink floats cast farther than skagit heads, and it is waaay easier to fish jigs big-ass leeches with 'em.

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:24 pm

I was thinking of inventing a "Cast-o-Bag" - like a bean bag only filled with a bunch of something that is like lead shot - but not lead shot - so I don't have to pay for the "Danger in California" fine print. But I would still use lead shot.
The idea is to tie in on right at the loop of any fly line: DT, Outbound, Streamer Sink Tip, hover, WF, etc...
There would be a built-in loop for tips/leader/whatever the fuck else.
After the bag is attached, all you gotta do is strip out a bunch of line, grab the Cast-o-Bag, and throw the fucking thing across the river. Hydrodynamics would do the rest.

Kickstarter/GoFundMe coming soon. I'll probably make a lot of t-shirts and stickers, and never really make the product. Fair warning.
veins full of disappearing ink

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:37 pm

pbrstreetgang wrote:I was thinking of inventing a "Cast-o-Bag" - like a bean bag only filled with a bunch of something that is like lead shot - but not lead shot - so I don't have to pay for the "Danger in California" fine print. But I would still use lead shot.
The idea is to tie in on right at the loop of any fly line: DT, Outbound, Streamer Sink Tip, hover, WF, etc...
After the bag is attached, all you gotta do is strip out a bunch of line, grab the Cast-o-Bag, and throw the fucking thing across the river. Hydrodynamics would do the rest.

Kickstarter/GoFundMe coming soon. I'll probably make a lot of t-shirts and stickers, and never really make the product. Fair warning.
If you really want that to sell, you'll have to market it as being both "Extreme" and "Tactical."

Accomplish that: Easy Street.

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:44 pm

Average Joe wrote:
pbrstreetgang wrote:I was thinking of inventing a "Cast-o-Bag" - like a bean bag only filled with a bunch of something that is like lead shot - but not lead shot - so I don't have to pay for the "Danger in California" fine print. But I would still use lead shot.

If you really want that to sell, you'll have to market it as being both "Extreme" and "Tactical."

Accomplish that: Easy Street.
Was this helpful?

[Y/N]

Y

Lando

Post by Lando » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Accessorize.
IMG_9241.GIF
IMG_9241.GIF (9.46 KiB) Viewed 368 times
If my tombstone reads, "He never ate sushi." it won't be a lie, and I'll be OK with that.

~Average Joe

pbrstreetgang

Post by pbrstreetgang » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:10 pm

fuck yes. I see momentum here

Hogleg

Post by Hogleg » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:28 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (10.04 KiB) Viewed 362 times
"girls with eating disorders will usually let you come in there in butt." -Jhnnythndr
"...my grandmother’s Tang always tasted like rusty water and dirty socks." - Average Joe
"with some limited exceptions steelhead live where the lady selection is sparce." - MTG

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:27 am

"shooting technology" with its "thin wall weight saving nano construction" actually feel the take with "zero stretch", thermoset resin for greater hoop strength on the A axis lets you smite the pinner across the way with your eyes closed because of superior technological advances in pre preg matrix design, because now and only now you fear no fish because you are the baddest mother in the river.fly designer bitch.
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

west_jay

Post by west_jay » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:55 am

I have a grain-window boner.

[Y/N]
I never met anyone named Joel that wasn't a complete knob. – CharlieJenkem