The US Navy

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
stripstrike

The US Navy

Post by stripstrike » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:16 pm

I wasn't sure were else to post this question, so I come to the Drake for enlightenment. I am not a boatish person. I have an inflatable raft that I paddle around with collapsible oars and flippers.
What. The. Fuck. is going on with the US Navy? Can someone please explain to me how you run a guided missile destroyer into another ship? Twice? You would think these people might be on their fucking toes after the first one, yes? Yet we trust them with nuclear weapons?
:bomb Don't they have people on watch or something, to make sure they don't run into shit? Radar?
"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist." Justin's dad

Gremlin

Re: The US Navy

Post by Gremlin » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:59 am

The Drake, at it's best, gets us away from this regurgitated ration of shit that is everywhere you look in Flyfishing. VTNZ

rampant

Post by rampant » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:36 pm

After reading that I would think that the navy is 100% responsible. It's like driving a dark car down the freeway at night without lights on and expecting everyone else to get out of your way.

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:20 am

rampant wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:36 pm
After reading that I would think that the navy is 100% responsible. It's like driving a dark car down the freeway at night without lights on and expecting everyone else to get out of your way.
Uh, yeah? So they should know to watch out for a dark car with no lights on.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:25 pm

Even if the other ship couldn't see the Navy ship, the Navy Ship damn well should have been aware of the other if they were watching the damn radar. I know here, when there is a maritime accident, the USCG operates on a "Blame To Go Around" basis. Even if the give way vessel flat rammed the stand on vessel, the stand on vessel will be assigned a portion of the blame for not taking enough action to get the hell out of the way.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

stripstrike

Post by stripstrike » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Spudnik wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:20 am
rampant wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:36 pm
Uh, yeah? So they should know to watch out for a dark car with no lights on.
Yes they should. That is their primary job, right? The "enemies" sure won't have their fucking headlights on.
"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist." Justin's dad

mebrown54

Post by mebrown54 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:34 am

"If it's gray stay the fuck away" written in bold in all maritime manuals. The US Navy is known for its erratic lane changes. Think 70 year old Asia driving 40 miles an hour who decides to move into the carpool lane from the slow lane.

fatman

Post by fatman » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:51 pm

mebrown54 wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:34 am
Think 70 year old Asia driving 40 miles an hour who decides to move into the carpool lane from the slow lane.
Thin asshat in a cape and thumbring pissin' on the fire

tits and pie or GTFO
My drinkin' days are over; I'm still trouble bound - Slaid Cleaves

"This place is so fucked up. Where else could you find a thread with a Debbie Gibson song, a chapter from Fyodor Dostoevsky, and a sweet under boob pic like that on the same page?" - Hogleg

"You may not be smart, but your car gets good gas mileage". - Stovetop