Orvis sidebar ad

All threads that bitch about new, existing, or old members will be posted/relocated here. Keep this shit off the General forum, because no one wants (or cares) to hear your opinions. Now go back to the other forums and post something worthy of reading.
Outcast

Orvis sidebar ad

Post by Outcast » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:43 pm

I have a bit of Orvis gear that I'm happy with. In fact I've got a Helios ordered that should be here next week. Kudos to the Drake for making money, it's what capitalism is all about.

The Orvis ad on the right side of every page has got to go away. Find someplace else to place it like at the bottom of every page. The sidebar sucks ass. It looks a bit like the flybox of the poster whose name will remain unspoken that was posted a few days ago.
Outcast's initial response to you is just the sort of mean, immediate, unnecessary, gatekeeper-bullshit newbie-bashing that I've come to hate on my own board. But then, somehow, miraculously, in only six posts, you managed to earn it. -nemo

"Around here service is not just another six letter word." -Gaper's Pimp

shunned

Re: Orvis sidebar ad

Post by shunned » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:02 am

I'm with toiletduck on this one.

I'm waiting for a box to pop up telling me I'm the 1000000th dickhead to grace this wankfest and I've won a new rod.
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people

LTD

Post by LTD » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:36 am

I agreeeeeeeeeeee1 The fuckin side bar sucks! Put it on the bottom of the page. Doesn't matter who's advertising...........
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

NoHumanityLeft
Location: Would rather eat bullet than be associated with some of you.

Post by NoHumanityLeft » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:08 am

First you cry, then you cut.

Now you know what it is like.

RFA

Post by RFA » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:13 am

shunned wrote:I'm with toiletduck on this one.

I'm waiting for a box to pop up telling me I'm the 1000000th dickhead to grace this wankfest and I've won a new rod.
Nope, not gonna happen. Been there, done that.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

Salmotrutta

Post by Salmotrutta » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:39 am

Don't bring this place down by complaining. We are trying to make the world different down here.
Lyrical

shunned

Post by shunned » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:26 am

like thunderdome?

bonza.
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people

Outcast

Post by Outcast » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:57 pm

Salmotrutta wrote:Don't bring this place down by complaining. We are trying to make the world different down here.
What? It is the "bitching room" isn't it? Just trying to do my part.

Would someone please send RFA a fucking fly rod? He's got a case of wahwahs over the 150,000th post thing and only winning a fly line. I think the dude may cut his wrists if he dosen't get a rod. Maybe a Helios or a S4 to match the shitty sidebars that have just appeared.

I feel he is justified in his bitterness. The prize that was originally proposed was a yacht. I'd have been homicidal if I'd gotten 150000 expecting a yacht and ending up with a fly line donated out of pity.
Last edited by Outcast on Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outcast's initial response to you is just the sort of mean, immediate, unnecessary, gatekeeper-bullshit newbie-bashing that I've come to hate on my own board. But then, somehow, miraculously, in only six posts, you managed to earn it. -nemo

"Around here service is not just another six letter word." -Gaper's Pimp

Ajax

Post by Ajax » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:11 pm

A yacht? No shit? I'd heard that it was a 10k sq ft trophy home above Crested Butte with a cute Nicaraguan whore thrown in for good measure.
I've already got two of those fuckin' things, what would I do with a third? But I'd have played hard for a yacht. I think we were fucked.
I believe in rules. Sure I do. If there weren't any rules, how could you break them?
-Leo Durocher

Salmotrutta

Post by Salmotrutta » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:42 pm

I offered to send him a rod as my heart is heavy too. He rejected.
Lyrical

Highsticken

Post by Highsticken » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:27 pm

Is the tying section more fucked up than the other sections . Or is it just my whip ?
I have more respect for people that fuck up and come out swinging than the "Well geee-zooo, looks like I made a flub! How's about we go to Culver's and the custards are on me" bullshit.- RFA

LTD

Post by LTD » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:36 pm

The tying section is TOTALLY fucked up. Have another beer!
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!