Open Letter............

User avatar
LTD
Posts: 4955
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: All over rover.........
Contact:

Open Letter............

Post by LTD » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:15 pm

Feel free to add to the list.....I t could not have been said much better than this IMO.

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett

The author, Lou Pritchett, is a well-known public speaker who retired after a successful 36-year career as the VP World Sales for Proctor and Gamble.
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

User avatar
Jed
Posts: 1691
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:01 am
Location: Leverett, MA
Contact:

Re: Open Letter............

Post by Jed » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:59 pm

Frankly much of what scares him could easily be resolved if he read. Obama's history is out in public and all he has to do is read his books or google some of his questions. Another major grouping is just false. Obama's positions are very distorted and if once again he read some of what is out in the public record he'd know the answers to some of the "mysteries" he brings up.

I don't expect him to agree with Obama but I sure don't respect someone who trashes Obama based on ignorance or falsehood.

jed

User avatar
LTD
Posts: 4955
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: All over rover.........
Contact:

Re: Open Letter............

Post by LTD » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:47 pm

LTD wrote:Feel free to add to the list.....I t could not have been said much better than this IMO.

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me. ehh

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you. ehh

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support. Where did all the money come from?

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American. ehh

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll. Fact

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core. Fact

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others. Quite a bit of that going around....Fact

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail. Seen the great REVS most recent comments about Obama? Can you say AAcorn? Fact

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad. Lots of this going round..past speeches. Fact

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector. Is this not truth? Obama's actions seem to be heading in this direction

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one. TRUTH

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves. Fact

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world. Obama's policy will ultimately destroy capitalism. Current proposed policy, auto,health,salary caps. Whats next? IMO

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations. Fact

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals. ehh

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people. Fact.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient. Viewed daily on EVERY network.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do. Maybe not "everything" but damn close.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view. Ever wonder why Obama won't appear on FOX?

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.??????

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years. We will see.

Lou Pritchett

The author, Lou Pritchett, is a well-known public speaker who retired after a successful 36-year career as the VP World Sales for Proctor and Gamble.
I see more fact than mystery.........Just sayin
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

User avatar
LTD
Posts: 4955
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: All over rover.........
Contact:

Re: Open Letter............

Post by LTD » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:15 pm

Jed wrote:Frankly much of what scares him could easily be resolved if he read. Obama's history is out in public and all he has to do is read his books or google some of his questions. Another major grouping is just false. Obama's positions are very distorted and if once again he read some of what is out in the public record he'd know the answers to some of the "mysteries" he brings up.

I don't expect him to agree with Obama but I sure don't respect someone who trashes Obama based on ignorance or falsehood.

jed
was voting Obama in the first place. A disturbing % at that.
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

User avatar
ditchdoc
Posts: 3075
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Flatlands of Kansas

Re: Open Letter............

Post by ditchdoc » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:39 pm

Holy Fucking Christ...
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is forever.

User avatar
shunned
Posts: 9999
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 1:01 am
Location: prison... but only on the weekends.
Contact:

Re: Open Letter............

Post by shunned » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:57 am

you can always shoot him. :coffee

bookiemitch.com.au
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people




.

User avatar
flybug.pa.
Posts: 6940
Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Snitz Crick

Re: Open Letter............

Post by flybug.pa. » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:57 am

what is scarier than all the above shit is that the guy he replaced, Never ran a successful company that held its own, even though he had a couple of them, was tied to big business cronies in oil and we elected him twice
More disturbing is the fact that Cheney won't just fade away, and stlll keeps running his mouth :coffee just my opinion
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

User avatar
Plow
Posts: 5058
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Deep South Mississippi

Re: Open Letter............

Post by Plow » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:35 am

flybug.pa. wrote:what is scarier than all the above shit is that the guy he replaced, Never ran a successful company that held its own, even though he had a couple of them, was tied to big business cronies in oil and we elected him twice
More disturbing is the fact that Cheney won't just fade away, and stlll keeps running his mouth :coffee just my opinion
Lib rule of thumb: If you can't say anything positive about Obama then bash Bush.

I'll tell you whats really scary, Obama was elected with NO executive experience - successful or not. Bush was a pretty good governor for Texas and that baseball thing work out OK.

Cheney is speaking up about what he believes and many of us share his beliefs. If we had a free press he wouldn't have to. Speaking up in opposition to our government is consider an admirable quality by most Americans and for now still legal. That may change if anyone bothers to read the entire stimulus bill.
Better Reds than dead...

User avatar
ditchdoc
Posts: 3075
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Flatlands of Kansas

Re: Open Letter............

Post by ditchdoc » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:14 pm

Plow wrote:
flybug.pa. wrote:what is scarier than all the above shit is that the guy he replaced, Never ran a successful company that held its own, even though he had a couple of them, was tied to big business cronies in oil and we elected him twice
More disturbing is the fact that Cheney won't just fade away, and stlll keeps running his mouth :coffee just my opinion
Lib rule of thumb: If you can't say anything positive about Obama then bash Bush.

I'll tell you whats really scary, Obama was elected with NO executive experience - successful or not. Bush was a pretty good governor for Texas and that baseball thing work out OK.

Cheney is speaking up about what he believes and many of us share his beliefs. If we had a free press he wouldn't have to. Speaking up in opposition to our government is consider an admirable quality by most Americans and for now still legal. That may change if anyone bothers to read the entire stimulus bill.
Conservative rule of thumb: Just say no.

Yeah, that baseball thing worked out great for Bush. He walked away with several million dollars without any investment. All the profits came from TIF money.

NOW you think it's okay to speak out against the government? People who did so during the bush admin were called un-patriotic and un-American.

And Cheney? Fuck Dick.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is forever.

User avatar
LTD
Posts: 4955
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: All over rover.........
Contact:

Re: Open Letter............

Post by LTD » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:35 pm

ditchdoc wrote:
Plow wrote:
flybug.pa. wrote:what is scarier than all the above shit is that the guy he replaced, Never ran a successful company that held its own, even though he had a couple of them, was tied to big business cronies in oil and we elected him twice
More disturbing is the fact that Cheney won't just fade away, and stlll keeps running his mouth :coffee just my opinion
Lib rule of thumb: If you can't say anything positive about Obama then bash Bush.

I'll tell you whats really scary, Obama was elected with NO executive experience - successful or not. Bush was a pretty good governor for Texas and that baseball thing work out OK.

Cheney is speaking up about what he believes and many of us share his beliefs. If we had a free press he wouldn't have to. Speaking up in opposition to our government is consider an admirable quality by most Americans and for now still legal. That may change if anyone bothers to read the entire stimulus bill.
Conservative rule of thumb: Just say no.

Yeah, that baseball thing worked out great for Bush. He walked away with several million dollars without any investment. All the profits came from TIF money.

NOW you think it's okay to speak out against the government? People who did so during the bush admin were called un-patriotic and un-American.

And Cheney? Fuck Dick
.
Whats your issue with Cheney Ditch?
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

User avatar
ditchdoc
Posts: 3075
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Flatlands of Kansas

Re: Open Letter............

Post by ditchdoc » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:45 pm

Oh, I don't know...he's the anti-christ?


Well for one thing, when asked why he didn't serve during the Viet Nam era, he answered that he had other priorities. There are several thousand names on a wall in Washington of people who probably had other priorities too, but they served anyway--some by choice and others by conscription.

If he thinks water-boarding is not torture, let me do it to him. He won't last thirty seconds. Here's a man who, having never been a soldier, thinks it's okay to torture. Do you think he stopped to reason that if it's okay for us, the leader of the free world, to torture, that it is then okay for anyone to do it to OUR soldiers? I'm old enough to remember the stories of the German and Japanese torture during WWII and the brainwashing of our captive soldiers during the Korean Conflict, and then more atrocities by the NVA. All were condemned by the rest of the world, and rightfully so. To allow this to just go away would make us look like even bigger hypocrites than we do now in the eyes of the rest of the world. We have to lead by example. People understand that, no matter what language they speak.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is forever.

User avatar
LTD
Posts: 4955
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:37 pm
Location: All over rover.........
Contact:

Re: Open Letter............

Post by LTD » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:35 pm

ditchdoc wrote:Oh, I don't know...he's the anti-christ?


Well for one thing, when asked why he didn't serve during the Viet Nam era, he answered that he had other priorities. There are several thousand names on a wall in Washington of people who probably had other priorities too, but they served anyway--some by choice and others by conscription.

If he thinks water-boarding is not torture, let me do it to him. He won't last thirty seconds. Here's a man who, having never been a soldier, thinks it's okay to torture. Do you think he stopped to reason that if it's okay for us, the leader of the free world, to torture, that it is then okay for anyone to do it to OUR soldiers? I'm old enough to remember the stories of the German and Japanese torture during WWII and the brainwashing of our captive soldiers during the Korean Conflict, and then more atrocities by the NVA. All were condemned by the rest of the world, and rightfully so. To allow this to just go away would make us look like even bigger hypocrites than we do now in the eyes of the rest of the world. We have to lead by example. People understand that, no matter what language they speak.
Gotta remember Ditch that the definition of torture to one may be different for others. I am not saying I disagree with you on this, but you have to keep that in mind. Although I don't agree with everything Cheney says.......he has the right to defend the past admin when it is being attacked. Agreed?
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests