McCarver, Joe Buck and Obama

Mike Honcho

McCarver, Joe Buck and Obama

Post by Mike Honcho » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:02 pm

What a threesome!! :bow
"Somewhere along the way you'll think you can take your ol' man,
Somewhere along the way you wish he was here to take you" - K.Hays

"I still love the sound of running water and the places it runs, and am drawn to it." - Ol' Man

~Semper et Ubique~

eponymous

Re: McCarver, Joe Buck and Obama

Post by eponymous » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:55 pm

Mike Honcho wrote:What a threesome!! :bow

Yea. Three douchebags I have no interest in listening to or spending one second of my time with.

Actually while I have no use for BO's policies I think it would be an understatment to say that he is a fascinating dude and might be good hoops partner. Prolly has a smoke and a brewski after the game.
"Baseball gives every American boy a chance to excel, not just to be as good as someone else but to be better than someone else. This is the nature of man and the name of the game." Ted Williams

Mike Honcho

Post by Mike Honcho » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:05 pm

Yea. Three douchebags I have no interest in listening to or spending one second of my time with.
Yep, it would be hard to chose if you were to be stranded on a dessert island with one, who would you chose? Def not Buck, McCarver or Obama???? Death maybe.
"Somewhere along the way you'll think you can take your ol' man,
Somewhere along the way you wish he was here to take you" - K.Hays

"I still love the sound of running water and the places it runs, and am drawn to it." - Ol' Man

~Semper et Ubique~

eponymous

Post by eponymous » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:41 pm

No fucking word of a lie I was on the Acela 2 weeks back and sat right in front of McCarver who was on his way from Washington DC to Stamford CT where he has a house. Do you know how I know where he was and where he was going? BECAUSE HE WOULD NOT SHUT THE FUCK UP. He talked on his cell phone at max volume the whole damn time.
"Baseball gives every American boy a chance to excel, not just to be as good as someone else but to be better than someone else. This is the nature of man and the name of the game." Ted Williams

Ajax

Post by Ajax » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:52 am

If you ever get to see a clip of the last out of the '68 Series, you'll notice a lonely little fucker running out a pop-up as Bill Freehan catches the ball and jumps into Mickey Lolich's arms.
That's Tim McCarver, and he's hated the Tigers ever since. I'd like to break his nose.
I believe in rules. Sure I do. If there weren't any rules, how could you break them?
-Leo Durocher