If you're not proud...

BigCliff

If you're not proud...

Post by BigCliff » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:54 pm

...to hear your President say this, I don't understand how your brain works.
But know this: I will not waste time with those who have made the calculation that it's better politics to kill this plan than improve it. I will not stand by while the special interests use the same old tactics to keep things exactly the way they are. If you misrepresent what's in the plan, we will call you out. And I will not accept the status quo as a solution.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

ditchdoc

Re: If you're not proud...

Post by ditchdoc » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:20 pm

Amen.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is forever.

LTD

Post by LTD » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:54 pm

Saying it and doing it are two different things. Most learned that in grade school. :coffee
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

eponymous

Post by eponymous » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:58 pm

Disingenuos on his part. Let us know what your plan actually entails. Then we can all react to it.

Seems to me like pieces of the plan were floated out. Then they got called out. Then they got pulled out and the democrats would whine that the plan was being misrepresented. Again, disingenuous.

Remember when he wanted healthcare reform passed in 2 weeks? He doesn't have any more of a plan now then he did back then....and he wanted it passed ASAP......effing scary if you ask me. Pass one of the biggest pieces of legislation ever without allowing time for debate. That is not the transparency that he promised me and he promised you.
"Baseball gives every American boy a chance to excel, not just to be as good as someone else but to be better than someone else. This is the nature of man and the name of the game." Ted Williams

Mattb

Post by Mattb » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:34 am

eponymous wrote:Disingenuos on his part.
You've got to be kidding. Disingenuous?

The republicans pretty much reinvented it this summer-- Government takeover of healthcare? Death Panels? Taking old folks' medicare away? Free health insurance for illegal immigrants? Those are just the republican lies about health care from the last month or so that I can come up with off the top of my head. None of them were even remotely true, all of them were still pushed hard by the right.

Oh yeah, and yelling at the president during a state of the union address? Way to stay classy republicans...
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.”
-Daniel Patrick Moynihan

ditchdoc

Post by ditchdoc » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:40 am

You can call it disingenuous-whatever. He is trying to get legislation passed. He has gotten nothing but bullshit from the other side and some from his own. You cannot deny the facts which he laid out in his speech. And you obviously don't agree with how he is attempting to go about reform. The Republicans had eight years (this time) to do something about health care. They didn't even address it. Now, all they want to do is go slow, give the free market a chance, kill grandma, blah, blah,blah. Talk about disingenuous! Big Pharma has spent over a hundred million dollars fighting health care reform. And that's just half of what has been spent in total. I have a sneaking suspicion that those who didn't stand up, or who actually heckled the President, are getting a chunk of that money. In whose interest is it, to NOT pass health care reform? It is most certainly not you and I.

ditchdoc

Post by ditchdoc » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:45 am

One more thing. If we do not get some form of meaningful health care reform, I think ALL the bums in congress should get thrown out next term. Both sides. If this doesn't prove we need congressional reform, nothing does.

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:29 am

With all due respect, LTD....
This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time.
LTD wrote:Saying it and doing it are two different things. Most learned that in grade school. :coffee
You obviously disagree with the president and I respect your opinion, and I'm sure you've accomplished a lot and I know you are great at what you do, but sitting on your ass and calling this president a slacker is hilarious.
That sounds awesome in my ears!! (P-A)

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

The Volfish

Post by The Volfish » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:22 am

Prior to his "this is what you need to know" speech last night (not a State of the Union), he held a meeting with members of Congress at the White House. Not a single member of the GOP was asked to attend.

While he continues to say that he will listen to alternative views (with pre-conditions; something that he says should not stymie negotiations) he never invites others to the table. His party's leaders in Congress are doing the same.

Is healthcare expensive? Sure.

Why has the elephant in the room not been talked about seriously? TORT REFORM is key to reducing costs.
Do I pay full price for every place I get to fish? Fuck no. - nemo

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:05 am

Yeah I agree Vol - and I'm no fan of the public option myself. My favorite ideas so far: address the malpractice environment, deregulate the web of state based insurance commissions.

we were basking in goodness here with our everyday drivel that we enjoy.... the rest of this is horseshit, flybug.pa.

RFA

Post by RFA » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:22 am

I never comment in this shithole, but policy arguments aside, most of the Republicans in that room looked like kids who had their ball taken away. It's tough to be relevant when you act so childish and spiteful. ALL of the assholes in that room are there to do a job for us, not just the ones from our party.

As I get older, I find myself drifting more and more towards the middle, and even some facets of the right appeal to me. I feel that many, if not most, Americans are like me in that regard. I also feel that true conservative ideals are no longer being presented/practiced by the Republican Party. Most have turned into fear mongering school yard bullies who constantly point fingers rather than offer real life solutions. Many on the far Left are also too set in their ways to make any real progress, but it doesn't permeate the entire party like it does on the Rep. side.

Just my opinions.... :coffee
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:39 am

RFA wrote:I never comment in this shithole, but policy arguments aside, most of the Republicans in that room looked like kids who had their ball taken away. It's tough to be relevant when you act so childish and spiteful. ALL of the assholes in that room are there to do a job for us, not just the ones from our party.

As I get older, I find myself drifting more and more towards the middle, and even some facets of the right appeal to me. I feel that many, if not most, Americans are like me in that regard. I also feel that true conservative ideals are no longer being presented/practiced by the Republican Party. Most have turned into fear mongering school yard bullies who constantly point fingers rather than offer real life solutions. Many on the far Left are also too set in their ways to make any real progress, but it doesn't permeate the entire party like it does on the Rep. side.

Just my opinions.... :coffee
:cool :cool :cool

he shoots, he scores