By ditchdoc
What the fuck happened there? Just too weird. Guys go to Afghanistan and Iraq, only to make it home to get shot by a Muslim Officer. Too coincidental?
By m.b.
how about the two minute "shout-out" before addressing it?

speaks volumes about his narcissism and priorities.
By Fishwater
Not a word in the news that he's a Muslim...there's word that he was at a conference recently and stood up declaring death to all non Muslims. Nothing was done, no one reported shit. We're getting a little too PC...not on this board of course.
By ditchdoc
Heard several reports stating his Muslim faith. NPR this morning talked with people who knew him and thought he was a douchebag. They reported that, as a doctor, during a class where he was supposed to speak about medical issues, he went into rant about the Muslim faith and how if you were not true to the faith you should be beheaded and burned. Another Muslim in the audience took him to task for his statements.

The media wrongly reported that he had been killed by base cops. He's still alive and in the hospital. Good. He needs to die a slower death.
By ditchdoc
[quote="m.b."]how about the two minute "shout-out" before addressing it?

speaks volumes about his narcissism and priorities.[/quote]

Give us a break m.b. He made a brief statement to the people he was there to speak to. He then acknowledged the tragedy for several more minutes, and began with the statement that they did not have all the facts and would report them as they became clear. So, what was he supposed to do, bullshit his way through without the facts, like they do on Fox? Your complete bias is showing.
By LTD
[quote="m.b."]how about the two minute "shout-out" before addressing it?

speaks volumes about his narcissism and priorities.[/quote]

You better believe it! BS.

Ditch...I listened to him BS his way into office. I continue to listen to him BS his way daily. I was just looking to be optimistic thinking he would step up and handle this better than everything else. Another disappointment.
By Rusty Hook
It was an act of random violence, and the man responsible is in custody.
What exactly is the President supposed to "step up and handle?"
By BigCliff
For some context, Obama was addressing a group of Native American tribal leaders for the first time since he took office. The tribes that were nearly wiped out a while back by the government he is now head of. Excessive thank-you's doesn't really seem like narcissim to those of us that don't already hate the guy.

I agree that 2 minutes was excessive, and that 30 seconds of that would have been perfectly sufficient.

However, its not like he sat there reading a kids book for nearly 10 minutes after being told the second plane hit the WTC or anything.
By Rusty Hook
At least we know what this week's right wing talking point will be. :coffee
By LTD
Obama got another one wrong. Dr. Joe Medicine Crow is not a Medal of Honor winner, military honor. He is a Medal of Freedom winner, a civilian award. :coffee
By Rhyacophila
C'mon, thats not a big deal.
Spring in the SE AK

hell yeah Po, the goodest of goods. https:[…]

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

Wait, it’s Thursday today. Next week’s[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

PT’s Pink Opal Clacka Caddis https://l[…]

Woven Hair Flies

I am trying to figure out if there is a market for[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine