Ft Hood

BigCliff

Re: Ft Hood

Post by BigCliff » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:16 am

m.b. wrote:terrorist "man-made disaster" attempt thwarted.

here's another example of what can happen when you end the war on terror.

and you libs can't say BHO's administration didn't know about him. the government had been advised by the guy's own father to keep an eye on him and keep him out of the country, yet they still let him in.
]
No, this is an example of what happens when security measures are insufficient. Once the guy's father had called in the alert, he should have been red-flagged, and subject to intensive screening. The ACLU might bill such actions as "unlawful search" but fuck 'em. I agree with the idea that we shouldn't add people to the no-fly list due to called-in hints, due to the potential for abuse motivated by familial dispute, etc issues. But once we have a tip on a given person in the system, and they're trying to fly here, they need to be very thoroughly cleared as a non-threat. Especially when they pay cash for a one-way ticket, fer fukks sake.

Do you actually think this wouldn't have happened four years ago when the proverbial "war on terror" was in full swing?
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

LTD

Post by LTD » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:32 am

Cliff.... Just when I thought that testosterone shot had done you some good.........you end with but,but, but,but, BUSH. :coffee
This is Obamas watch. NO EXCUSES. It's going to take much more than a bow and smooth talkin to get this train rolling. It's time for all the PC bullshit to end. How many more lives need to be lost to hurt feelings?
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:15 am

LTD wrote:Cliff.... Just when I thought that testosterone shot had done you some good.........you end with but,but, but,but, BUSH. :coffee
This is Obamas watch. NO EXCUSES. It's going to take much more than a bow and smooth talkin to get this train rolling. It's time for all the PC bullshit to end. How many more lives need to be lost to hurt feelings?
LTD, pay attention.

I threw that in there in response to MB's claim that the end of usage of the term "war on terror" was a cause of this incident, which is fully ridiculous. As evidenced by recent obliterations of some folks in Somalia, the war is still in full swing- http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/09 ... index.html

LTD

Post by LTD » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:43 am

BigCliff wrote:
LTD wrote:Cliff.... Just when I thought that testosterone shot had done you some good.........you end with but,but, but,but, BUSH. :coffee
LTD, pay attention.

I threw that in there in response to MB's claim that the end of usage of the term "war on terror" was a cause of this incident, which is fully ridiculous. As evidenced by recent obliterations of some folks in Somalia, the war is still in full swing- http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/09 ... index.html
Cliff...I just want to hear you place a little blame on Obama and his admin. This is your big chance.......lol
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:51 am

LTD wrote: Cliff...I just want to hear you place a little blame on Obama and his admin. This is your big chance.......lol
I wholeheartedly agree with this take on Napolitano's initial response-
The head of DHS had the gall to say that "the system worked." What she meant is that after the incident in Detroit, the response was good. Fine. But she has no assurance that this could not happen again, and even declared that the would-be terrorist was properly screened.

More to the point, she evinces no sense of responsibility for this lapse in security. I'm sorry but that's her job and instead of preening about how she handled it after the fact, she should be apologizing for yet another instance of government incompetence and complacency. She is stonewalling and smug.

Really: disgraceful, glib, complacent, moronic. I want to know who is being fired for not taking the warning about this loon seriously enough, and if Napolitano really believes that a near-miss, averted by the terrorist's incompetence and the passengers' courage, is a sign that the system is working, then she needs to be fired as well.

I understand the imperative to remain calm, not give these incidents more media oxygen than they deserve, not responding with hysteria or panic. But this interview went far too far in the opposite direction. She sounded like Brownie during Katrina. I have no confidence in her as head of DHS if this is her attitude.

upstanding

Post by upstanding » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:16 pm

It's obvious that the security in Amster, the drug capital of the western world, did not work so what's the solution? what should have done in Am'dam? He was not on a no fly...so ? LTD what's your solution?

My solution everyone on the suspect list can only come and go internationally on El Al or their stripped searched by the carrier and you have El Al type delays.

LTD

Post by LTD » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:33 pm

The solution is to stop the PC bullshit. Who cares about the delays. The American people need to suck it up and realize that ANY delays are not worth the potential lost LIVES. We need profiling. We need to quit fucking around and get serious. I don't give a damn what other countries think of us! We need to start doing what it takes to protect Americans. PERIOD.

All flights to the US need to be screened by US citz. We can no longer expect other countries to take care of our expectations. The TSA is a JOKE. I have personally traveled with items mistakenly left in my carry on's that have gone undetected.( ie. ammo, and bangstick end, and flylines) How many lives will it take to before we start to truly protect this country?

Plow

Post by Plow » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:53 pm

upstanding wrote:It's obvious that the security in Amster, the drug capital of the western world, did not work so what's the solution? what should have done in Am'dam? He was not on a no fly...so ? LTD what's your solution?

My solution everyone on the suspect list can only come and go internationally on El Al or their stripped searched by the carrier and you have El Al type delays.
Be careful what you say about Amsterdam - they are the poster-child for legalizing drugs in this country. I'd hate to see this failed man-made-disaster/crouch-burning effect policy the left really cares about.

One more thing. He didn't have a passport if rumors are correct. Not that that should be an issue in a free thinking left-leaning society. Put someone without a passport on a US bound plane when Bush was president and they'd be bitch slapped back to where they came from.
Better Reds than dead...

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:22 pm

i'd just about bet a nut that obama/holder are gonna try this terrorist/enemy combatant in a civilian court rather than shipping him to Gitmo and letting a military tribunal handle like they should do.
III

LTD

Post by LTD » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:28 pm

m.b. wrote:i'd just about bet a nut that obama/holder are gonna try this terrorist/enemy combatant in a civilian court rather than shipping him to Gitmo and letting a military tribunal handle like they should do.
They have already afforded him a lawyer.......giving him the same rights that you and I have as a US Citz.

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:29 pm

and guess who's paying for it?
III

LTD

Post by LTD » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:38 pm

Cliff.....you must be so proud! Lets HOPE she can pull her head out of her ass for a CHANGE!
Who appointed her anyway?
Attachments
CVR300.jpg
CVR300.jpg (114.07 KiB) Viewed 359 times