American Justice

Shufisher

Re: American Justice

Post by Shufisher » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:02 am

The Manchurian candidate doesn't have the constitutional power to make this decision. There's this pesky little document called the constitution...
From Article 1, Sect. 8: [The Congress shall have power] To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;
which, of course, is nothing to be concerned with.
My shit stinks like a 3rd world country, but dammit, if I'm in Hood River, I'm not drinking Ranier! The Wandering Blues

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:51 am

Shufisher wrote:The Manchurian candidate doesn't have the constitutional power to make this decision. There's this pesky little document called the constitution...
From Article 1, Sect. 8: [The Congress shall have power] To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;
which, of course, is nothing to be concerned with.
Either this is doesn't apply and that's why Cornyn and co aren't talking about it, or you'd be better off telling somebody besides the Drake squabble-gaggle to make it happen.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Smithhammer

Post by Smithhammer » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:44 am

And I would think that if Congress had an issue with this, they should be taking it up directly with the AG, since this was his decision (Obama's ultimate accountability for everything that happens in his administration notwithstanding).
"I expect more from the man who gave us all boobies and pie..." - epon

Buster Wants to Fish

Mouthful of Feathers

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:54 am

At risk of sounding smug, maybe we should just call this section the "squabble gaggle".

Though I guess the similarity to the title of the basement could throw some folks off.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:49 pm

I'm sorry guys for sounding like the talking heads of the past eight years, but...

In this country, we believe in a system that lets us try and kill people who do things we don't like. Any other way is plain ole' cowardly and un-American. That fuck can stand trial in our country, get convicted in our country, and either be put to death, or live a long(ish) unceremonious life just like other fucks who don't get martyred.

Special treatment because he's a [insert descriptive here] is fucking bullshit. And un-American.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:35 am

befuddled wrote:I'm sorry guys for sounding like the talking heads of the past eight years, but...

In this country, we believe in a system that lets us try and kill people who do things we don't like. Any other way is plain ole' cowardly and un-American. That fuck can stand trial in our country, get convicted in our country, and either be put to death, or live a long(ish) unceremonious life just like other fucks who don't get martyred.

Special treatment because he's a [insert descriptive here] is fucking bullshit. And un-American.
Un-American just a prerequisite........... wouldn't being a citizen of the United States be a prerequisite for being prosecuted in a U.S. courts. Place your bets, dipshits. How long before the defendants ask for change of jurisdiction. According to the POTUS they have already been convicted. I have a $1.86 X 4 ammo for the 338 win. mag. solution, send them to me.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sG7lm8Sfbo4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sG7lm8Sfbo4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fO7klxulzaY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fO7klxulzaY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fw9OJJCU5y4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fw9OJJCU5y4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
The difference between sentiment and being sentimental is the following: Sentiment is when a driver swerves out of the way to avoid hitting a rabbit on the road. Being sentimental is when the same driver, when swerving away from the rabbit, hits a pedestrian.
~Frank Herbert~

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:20 pm

Being a citizen is most definitely not a prereq for trial in a US court. Go to any jail and look at the number of non-US citizens awaiting trial for drug charges, assault, domestic abuse, DWI, murder etc.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:03 pm

befuddled wrote:Being a citizen is most definitely not a prereq for trial in a US court. Go to any jail and look at the number of non-US citizens awaiting trial for drug charges, assault, domestic abuse, DWI, murder etc.
Excellent, I see your point. One problem, where did those awaiting trial and currently in prison, commit the crimes. My suspicion would lead me to believe they committed crimes here in the United States and under U.S. law they are tried in U.S. courts or deported to the country of origin.
The difference between sentiment and being sentimental is the following: Sentiment is when a driver swerves out of the way to avoid hitting a rabbit on the road. Being sentimental is when the same driver, when swerving away from the rabbit, hits a pedestrian.
~Frank Herbert~

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:12 pm

I think that most people would argue that 9/11 was committed in the US, despite where it was planned

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:46 pm

Yet, we try our US military in military courts. Kind of ironic wouldn't you agree, that our Navy seals give a terrorist a fat lip and a punch in the gut and are tried in the military court system. I would love to see them tried in a US civilian court. What do you think the odds for a conviction.
Zero
~Frank Herbert~

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:51 pm

So, are you arguing that the rest of the world adhere to our beliefs? or that we don't have to if they don't?

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:16 am

III