American Justice

BigCliff

Re: American Justice

Post by BigCliff » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:38 am

Newt's an extremely smart guy, and knows how to play to his audience. When you're talking to a crowd so ideologically similar to those represented in the poll below, its pretty easy to get them riled up.

Taken from World Net Daily-

To clarify, I'm not posting this because I agree with it in any way, or because I find it humorous, but rather to point out the repugnant lunacy that has become rampant in our body politic.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:41 am

I had to think hard about posting this. Is it fear mongering, I don't think so. With the most resent posturing by Iran and continued violence in the region, more like reality. Negotiating with nations like Iran, will never work. I don't hate the people of Iran just the messenger boy.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8sj91NH5fvw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8sj91NH5fvw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
The difference between sentiment and being sentimental is the following: Sentiment is when a driver swerves out of the way to avoid hitting a rabbit on the road. Being sentimental is when the same driver, when swerving away from the rabbit, hits a pedestrian.
~Frank Herbert~

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:35 pm

Overcast, what's it like to be so incredibly scared? If you don't think that is irrational fear-mongering, you're either fully paranoid, or too stupid to operate a screwdriver.

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:18 pm

BigCliff wrote:Overcast, what's it like to be so incredibly scared? If you don't think that is irrational fear-mongering, you're either fully paranoid, or too stupid to operate a screwdriver.
nice response. you're either paranoid or stupid. sounds like what the democrat leaderships been telling the citizens of this country for the last year. We'll see how it works out in the '10 and '12 elections.

keep swallowing it, cliffy.
III

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:19 pm

BigCliff wrote:Newt's an extremely smart guy, and knows how to play to his audience. When you're talking to a crowd so ideologically similar to those represented in the poll below, its pretty easy to get them riled up.
so you disagree with what Newt said? what parts was he wrong about?
III

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:05 pm

BigCliff wrote:Overcast, what's it like to be so incredibly scared? If you don't think that is irrational fear-mongering, you're either fully paranoid, or too stupid to operate a screwdriver.

I can assure you that being scared or paranoid of another attack is not something that is constantly or even remotely on my mind. You seem to enjoy the idea of everything the current administration is doing, that is your opinion and welcome to it. From government health care reform (see liberal-progressive addition) to bailouts, global warming, stimulus packages, government motors and just basically sucking off the teats of the federal government. I don't trust this administration and I will criticize, the president and the deviant corrupt weasels until they lose power in 2010 and 2012.

Too stupid to operate a screwdriver, really! I have no idea what you do for a living, your education or your background. One thing I can assure you of, I can operate just about any tool you can name, including the one that allows me to think for myself without the help of others and certainly, not the federal government. When I fall I get up, when I fail, I try again and when I see my fellow man fall, I offer a hand. I don't hope that someone will notice or feel pity for my personal sacrifices but I won't sacrifice my personal values for some mouth piece on an internet board.
The difference between sentiment and being sentimental is the following: Sentiment is when a driver swerves out of the way to avoid hitting a rabbit on the road. Being sentimental is when the same driver, when swerving away from the rabbit, hits a pedestrian.
~Frank Herbert~

LTD

Post by LTD » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:23 pm

Overcast wrote:

I can assure you that being scared or paranoid of another attack is not something that is constantly or even remotely on my mind. You seem to enjoy the idea of everything the current administration is doing, that is your opinion and welcome to it. From government health care reform (see liberal-progressive addition) to bailouts, global warming, stimulus packages, government motors and just basically sucking off the teats of the federal government. I don't trust this administration and I will criticize, the president and the deviant corrupt weasels until they lose power in 2010 and 2012.

Too stupid to operate a screwdriver, really! I have no idea what you do for a living, your education or your background. One thing I can assure you of, I can operate just about any tool you can name, including the one that allows me to think for myself without the help of others and certainly, not the federal government. When I fall I get up, when I fail, I try again and when I see my fellow man fall, I offer a hand. I don't hope that someone will notice or feel pity for my personal sacrifices but I won't sacrifice my personal values for some mouth piece on an internet board.
Outstanding!
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:04 am

Shufisher wrote:The Manchurian candidate doesn't have the constitutional power to make this decision. There's this pesky little document called the constitution...
From Article 1, Sect. 8: [The Congress shall have power] To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;
which, of course, is nothing to be concerned with.
When was the last time congress declared war on anybody?

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:00 am

When was the last time congress declared war on anybody?
Appears they have declared war on the free market.

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:05 am

They did that when they started giving hand outs to big biz,

Now about that declaring war thingie?

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:07 am

Overcast wrote:

x3
III

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:37 pm

Overcast wrote:

I honestly didn't mean it as an insult to your intelligence and fully assumed that is was a given that anyone who can post on here can operate said tool. I simply intended to illustrate our differing standards of "fear-mongering". There was so much crazy shit in that video you posted, I simply can't view it as anything else.