Healthcare reform

SOBF

Healthcare reform

Post by SOBF » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:33 pm

The Senate's charlie foxtrot is 2074 PAGES...I thought the Rep's were verbose
The Constitution was 4543 words and 15 pages
2 fucking thousand pages....what the fuck is wrong with our Nation???

Shufisher

Re: Healthcare reform

Post by Shufisher » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:41 pm

SOBF wrote:what the fuck is wrong with our Nation???
My shit stinks like a 3rd world country, but dammit, if I'm in Hood River, I'm not drinking Ranier! The Wandering Blues

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:59 pm

Just puked in my mouth seeing that....shoosh

Shufisher

Post by Shufisher » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:58 pm

My shit stinks like a 3rd world country, but dammit, if I'm in Hood River, I'm not drinking Ranier! The Wandering Blues

LTD

Post by LTD » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:00 pm

:vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:08 pm

I'm guessing NP will pay a hefty Botax fee under her bill....

troutsnot

Post by troutsnot » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:19 pm

SOBF wrote:The Senate's charlie foxtrot is 2074 PAGES...I thought the Rep's were verbose
Too many Amendments, We can make Single payer like a page and 1/2 to 2 pages. There, problem solved.
Oh and by the way, Pelosi is some fine Cougar. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Mattb

Post by Mattb » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:34 pm

SOBF wrote:The Senate's charlie foxtrot is 2074 PAGES...I thought the Rep's were verbose
I never really understood this canard - legislative language is written by lawyers for lawyers so that there can be only one possible interpretation of any given section of the bill. It's written to be absolutely inronclad and unambiguous, cause there are too many people out there who's job it is to find & exploit even the smallest of loopholes.

There are a lot of very legit gripes with this, or any piece of legislation, but bitching and moaning about the length of it makes it seem like there's nothing of substance to complain about.

For instance - how about the $100 million medicaid payoff to Landrieu? The bullshit backdoor deal with big Pharma? There's plenty wrong with the health care reform bills out there, why bitch about something as completely pointless as the length of the bill?

FWIW, I think if anything passes, it'll be a good thing, but it's not nearly as good as it could've been if the democrats had some balls.
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.”
-Daniel Patrick Moynihan

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:46 pm

FWIW, I think if anything passes, it'll be a good thing, but it's not nearly as good as it could've been if the democrats had some balls.
If anything passes it will be a good thing....give me a break....ANYTHING passes??? really??
Do you have children/grand children that these costs will be passed on to or are you just another selfish lefty that only care's about yourself??

Mattb

Post by Mattb » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:15 pm

SOBF wrote:If anything passes it will be a good thing....give me a break....ANYTHING passes??? really??
Do you have children/grand children that these costs will be passed on to or are you just another selfish lefty that only care's about yourself??
Well, with as far along as things were, I assumed it went without saying that I meant some combination of the house & senate bills that are currently under consideration, but if that was unclear, then there it is.

I don't have kids, but if I did, that'd be another reason for me to support this. The country's health insurance system is very, very broken, and it will bankrupt the nation if not addressed ASAP. The senate bill will reduce the national debt over the long run, so it's actually cheaper than doing nothing.

Again, there are a lot of legitimate gripes about the bills under consideration, but claiming that the costs for this will be passed on to our kids and grandkids requires that you completely ignore all of the facts at hand and just start making stuff up. If you want to go that route, I suppose that's your perogative, but it makes it awful hard to have a discussion.

If you're truly worried about the debt being passed on to the next generation, you ought to be all for this bill, since it's projected reduce the defecit by hundreds of millions of dollars.
-Daniel Patrick Moynihan

LTD

Post by LTD » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:28 pm

Mattb wrote:
SOBF wrote:If anything passes it will be a good thing....give me a break....ANYTHING passes??? really??
Well, with as far along as things were, I assumed it went without saying that I meant some combination of the house & senate bills that are currently under consideration, but if that was unclear, then there it is.

I don't have kids, but if I did, that'd be another reason for me to support this. The country's health insurance system is very, very broken, and it will bankrupt the nation if not addressed ASAP. The senate bill will reduce the national debt over the long run, so it's actually cheaper than doing nothing.

Again, there are a lot of legitimate gripes about the bills under consideration, but claiming that the costs for this will be passed on to our kids and grandkids requires that you completely ignore all of the facts at hand and just start making stuff up. If you want to go that route, I suppose that's your perogative, but it makes it awful hard to have a discussion.

If you're truly worried about the debt being passed on to the next generation, you ought to be all for this bill, since it's projected reduce the defecit by hundreds of millions of dollars.
Yeah! Ya know your right! Just look at what the stimulus did for unemployment!
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

Mattb

Post by Mattb » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:35 pm

LTD wrote:Yeah! Ya know your right! Just look at what the stimulus did for unemployment!
I'm not really sure how that's at all relevant. Apples & softballs.
-Daniel Patrick Moynihan