Healthcare reform

LTD

Re: Healthcare reform

Post by LTD » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:53 pm

SOBF wrote:
They are incapable of doing the peoples business. We need congressional reform worse than we need health care reform. Without it, we are all fucked.
And on that we agree !!!!
X2
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:58 pm

Mattb

Post by Mattb » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:18 pm

SOBF wrote:pic
Dubya00015.jpg
fixed
Dubya00015.jpg (93.35 KiB) Viewed 398 times
There, fixed that for ya.

The medicare bill's deficit neutral, your whining is misplaced.
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.”
-Daniel Patrick Moynihan

LTD

Post by LTD » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Waaaaaaaaaa........but, but, but, BUSH! Dude.......time to move on. :coffee
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:32 pm

The medicare bill's deficit neutral, your whining is misplaced
Why do they have to start the tax increases immediately ,but none of the services kick in for 4 years ?
What income bracket did BO promise not to raise taxes on ??
Bush fucked up plenty but this Congress and BO own this...
Matt you really think giving Nebraska favor over the other States is good for our country??

By the way Matt wasn't Dirigo supposed to reduce costs here in ME. Last time I checked our rates are still rising here in Maine. Dirigo is a debacle....

upstanding

Post by upstanding » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:05 pm

SO:
You prostitute, vulgar, and obscene a little girl with an inane and deeming photograph for pandering political purposes. I assume you have no issue...certainly not daughters .

But your red badge of courage an contextually absurd quote from Voltaire ...a revolutionary liberal in the time of the Revolution our and theirs suggests that you are not from Bowdoin, Colby, or Bates. He was the intellects Robin Hood and one of the European liberal political philosophers upon which our Bill of Rights are based.

I respectfully dissent from your dementia

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:54 pm

suggests that you are not from Bowdoin, Colby, or Bates.
They didn't offer a good plumbing program....FUCK OFF

Mattb

Post by Mattb » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:14 pm

SOBF wrote:
The medicare bill's deficit neutral, your whining is misplaced
Matt you really think giving Nebraska favor over the other States is good for our country??

By the way Matt wasn't Dirigo supposed to reduce costs here in ME. Last time I checked our rates are still rising here in Maine. Dirigo is a debacle....
I agree that the price Nelson extracted for his vote is absurd. Unfortunately, the republicans decided to bet the whole enchilada on killing reform outright (hey, it worked on Clintoncare) so jokers like Nelson and Lieberman could pretty much name their price. If just a couple of folks from the right (Snowe & Collins certainly heard about it from me) had decided to come aboard, Nelson/Lieberman couldn't have held this whole show hostage.

The republicans have become the party of no. That may be a good short-term strategy, but it's not really a sound long term strategy for governance.

Dirigo is an unmitigated shitshow - you'll get no argument from me on that front. Dirigo to nationwide reform is apples to onions - there's just no comparison to be made there. There have been volumes written on health care market failures in Maine, and Dirigo wasn't the start of that particular problem.

The 2014 implementation date is another problem. Unfortunately, that one's Obama's fault - he's the one that pulled the ~$900 billion number out of his ass - cost controls take time to bend the growth curve enough to have a real effect, so in order to get a decent (though still very, very limited) bill in under this magical made-up number the Senate had to pull some budget shenanigans. Note: the bill's cheaper in the 2nd 10 years than the first 10 - erasing that gap on the front and then some.

I don't think this bill is perfect - far from it. But it's a start, and it's better than nothing.
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.”
-Daniel Patrick Moynihan

upstanding

Post by upstanding » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:38 pm

The Senator wants God to intervene...not content with the electoral process...the Senator seeks a theocracy and his god is that witnessed by the C Street Bible Boys. It's god's will...where have we heard that before?

A particularly heated exchange took place last night. As senators prepared for a major vote on health reform, Republican Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma called on Americans to pray that a Democratic colleague would be unable to make it to the floor so that the bill could not reach the needed 60-vote threshold. Coburn, a member of Washington's controversial C Street Christian Bible study group, stepped up to the microphone on the Senate floor and requested a prayer. "What the American people ought to pray is that somebody can't make the vote tonight," he said. "That's what they ought to pray."

ditchdoc

Post by ditchdoc » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:27 pm

And Dog answered their prayers--as usual. So be it.

Sorry, weak sarcasm
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is forever.

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:49 pm

Buy better hooks and bourbon.

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:14 pm

I don't think this bill is perfect - far from it. But it's a start, and it's better than nothing.
Matt we agree on a few things....not this....I would rather have taken more time and get it right