Just sayin'

BigCliff

Just sayin'

Post by BigCliff » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:59 pm

"He seems to think if he gives terrorists the rights of Americans, lets them lawyer up and reads them their Miranda rights, we won't be at war," Cheney said in the statement. "He seems to think if we bring the mastermind of 9/11 to New York, give him a lawyer and trial in civilian court, we won't be at war. He seems to think if he closes Guantanamo and releases the hard-core al Qaeda-trained terrorists still there, we won't be at war."

Cheney also said Obama outwardly "pretends we aren't [at war]," and the former vice president repeated his months-long criticism that the new president has made America "less safe."
CNN
Dick Cheney is the former vice-president whose national security expertise was central to his appeal in 2000 as Bush's running mate. Yet within nine months, Cheney presided over the worst attack on American soil in US history, failed to capture its perpetrators, failed to bring any of its plotters to justice, made convicting them much harder because he secretly and illegally authorized their brutal torture, and recruited a new and young wave of Jihadists by the exposure of the barbarism at Gitmo, Bagram, Camp Cropper, Camp Nama and the various black torture sites he helped set up across the globe. For good measure, Cheney also lost the war in Afghanistan and his closest confidant Don Rumsfeld lost the war in Iraq (the success of the subsequent "surge" will be tested this year as troops withdraw). Under Cheney, for good measure, both Iran and North Korea made huge strides toward getting nukes.

Not only did Cheney allow bin Laden to escape in Tora Bora, he also helped radicalize many actually innocent prisoners (three quarters of those thrown into the torture camp at Gitmo were innocent of any charges), and then set many of these radicalized new Jihadists free to wreak further terror on the US and the world.

In fact, an Obama administration official has asserted that all the former Gitmo prisoners who have become Jihadists upon release were set free by Bush and Cheney. Just as Cheney had bin Laden in his grasp and allowed his fathomless incompetence to lose him, he has actually helped create and then unleash Jihadists across the world.

How this utter failure gets to pontificate on terror after his disastrous record is beyond me.
Andrew Sullivan

(Figured we needed some new material)
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

LTD

Re: Just sayin'

Post by LTD » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:26 pm

So let me get this straight....because Dick did a terrible job, we give Obama a pass? Yeah, lets just keep blaming BUSH/DICK and us their failures to excuse Obamas fucking train wreak. Priceless.........
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:29 pm

LTD wrote:So let me get this straight....because Dick did a terrible job, we give Obama a pass? Yeah, lets just keep blaming BUSH/DICK and us their failures to excuse Obamas fucking train wreak. Priceless.........
You ain't got it straight. Pay attention.

I'm just sayin Cheney ain't got the credibility on the topic many afford him.

LTD

Post by LTD » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:36 pm

BigCliff wrote:
LTD wrote:So let me get this straight....because Dick did a terrible job, we give Obama a pass? Yeah, lets just keep blaming BUSH/DICK and us their failures to excuse Obamas fucking train wreak. Priceless.........
You ain't got it straight. Pay attention.

I'm just sayin Cheney ain't got the credibility on the topic many afford him.
I agree.(edit: for clarity BUSH/DICK certainly have more when Obama has NONE) Just posting this provokes thoughts of excuse. Who cares what Dick thinks? All I care about is what Obama is going to do about the current situation NOW.....so should you.
Last edited by LTD on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

Plow

Post by Plow » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:29 pm

BigCliff wrote:
"He seems to think if he gives terrorists the rights of Americans, lets them lawyer up and reads them their Miranda rights, we won't be at war," Cheney said in the statement. "He seems to think if we bring the mastermind of 9/11 to New York, give him a lawyer and trial in civilian court, we won't be at war. He seems to think if he closes Guantanamo and releases the hard-core al Qaeda-trained terrorists still there, we won't be at war."

Cheney also said Obama outwardly "pretends we aren't [at war]," and the former vice president repeated his months-long criticism that the new president has made America "less safe."
CNN
Dick Cheney is the former vice-president whose national security expertise was central to his appeal in 2000 as Bush's running mate. Yet within nine months, Cheney presided over the worst attack on American soil in US history (and if he had tried to put in the procedures needed to protect us before the attack the left would have had a cow - His and Bush's changes kept us safe their remaining term), failed to capture its perpetrators (anyone remember the difficulty we had with enough trained troops on the ground then, thanks to Clinton), failed to bring any of its plotters to justice (killin'em don't count?), made convicting them (cry a big tear, treat them like the enemy) much harder because he secretly and illegally authorized their brutal torture, and recruited a new and young wave of Jihadists by the exposure of the barbarism at Gitmo, Bagram, Camp Cropper, Camp Nama and the various black torture sites he helped set up across the globe (US Military = barbarians, terrorist = good guys - thats the view from the left). For good measure, Cheney also lost the war in Afghanistan and his closest confidant Don Rumsfeld lost the war in Iraq (the success of the subsequent "surge" will be tested this year as troops withdraw). Under Cheney, for good measure, both Iran and North Korea made huge strides toward getting nukes (I'll take Cheney and Rumsfeld over anyone Obama want and sleep safe and sound in my bed everynight).

Not only did Cheney allow bin Laden to escape in Tora Bora, he also helped radicalize many actually innocent prisoners (three quarters of those thrown into the torture camp at Gitmo (everybody left with their heads, so whats the problem?) were innocent of any charges), and then set many of these radicalized new Jihadists free to wreak further terror on the US and the world.

In fact, an Obama administration official has asserted that all the former Gitmo prisoners who have become Jihadists upon release were set free by Bush and Cheney . Just as Cheney had bin Laden in his grasp and allowed his fathomless incompetence to lose him, he has actually helped create and then unleash Jihadists across the world.

How this utter failure gets to pontificate on terror after his disastrous record is beyond me. (Cliff, only you would buy this shit)
Andrew Sullivan

(Figured we needed some new material)
Better Reds than dead...

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:25 am

Plow, you're a damn good Republican.
Plow wrote:His and Bush's changes kept us safe their remaining term)[/color]
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/post-hoc.html

And its obvious that Republicans are the only one's willing to take accountability for what happens on their watch-

"I am less interested in passing out blame than I am in learning from and correcting these mistakes to make us safer. For ultimately, the buck stops with me. As President, I have a solemn responsibility to protect our nation and our people. And when the system fails, it is my responsibility."
Barack Obama

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:06 pm

cheney's not the president. how is he even relevant?

just sayin'
III

troutsnot

Post by troutsnot » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:52 am

No body gets a pass. BO stated that and took responsibility. Dick (5 defferment War Hawk Cheney), should show some class and keep his fucking mouth shut. We do not need that kind of division with this issue in this country right now or ever. National Security in a free society is an incredible challenge. The #1 Responsibility of Government is to protect its Citizens. You have conservative talking heads blaming Clinton for 911, Liberal talking heads blaming bush for 911. The head official of government is responsible for what happens on his watch period. Just like JFK ( Eisenhower planned Bay of Pigs) We do not need division and stirring up of the fringes on both sides and using National Security as a Political Issue. Liberals do it, Conservatives do it, and the masses sit back in their fucking lazy boys, waving their flags flaming hate. Fucking sickens me on both sides. Yeah lets sit back and use 3000k deaths in Manhattan as a political football.

M.B. is right......Cheney-Bush are Irrelevant. Someone ought to tell Dick That.

LTD

Post by LTD » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:06 am

troutsnot wrote:

No body gets a pass. BO stated that and took responsibility. Dick (5 defferment War Hawk Cheney), should show some class and keep his fucking mouth shut. We do not need that kind of division with this issue in this country right now or ever. National Security in a free society is an incredible challenge. The #1 Responsibility of Government is to protect its Citizens. You have conservative talking heads blaming Clinton for 911, Liberal talking heads blaming bush for 911. The head official of government is responsible for what happens on his watch period. Just like JFK ( Eisenhower planned Bay of Pigs) We do not need division and stirring up of the fringes on both sides and using National Security as a Political Issue. Liberals do it, Conservatives do it, and the masses sit back in their fucking lazy boys, waving their flags flaming hate. Fucking sickens me on both sides. Yeah lets sit back and use 3000k deaths in Manhattan as a political football.

M.B. is right......Cheney-Bush are Irrelevant. Someone ought to tell Dick That.
I agree with you TS. In the perfect world this nation would be conducting themselves in the very fashion you describe. (void of divisional words and attitude) The political machine "is what it is" and that's not going to change until the American people make it very clear that we have had enough. Until then we are stuck having to listen to the BS coming from both sides. Vote the fuckers out and make it clear that shit has no place in our government/lives.

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:31 pm

the last election did "vote the fuckers out".

I am really confused sometimes as to how everybody is so pissed about the direction BO is taking the country and at the same time pontificating at large about how he has changed nothing...

which is it? alas, I am befuddled again (and having a beer WAY too early in the day if I am back in the political section :cheer )
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

LTD

Post by LTD » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:59 pm

befuddled wrote:the last election did "vote the fuckers out".

I am really confused sometimes as to how everybody is so pissed about the direction BO is taking the country and at the same time pontificating at large about how he has changed nothing...

which is it? alas, I am befuddled again (and having a beer WAY too early in the day if I am back in the political section :cheer )
Fud...are you saying we don't have any fuckers NOW? As far as I am concerned we just got new ones. None of which I personally voted for by the way. :mrgreen: Whats it like to have voted for these guys......Cliff?

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Oh hell no, we've fuckers by the droves, not denying that. Even before BO became president I openly said that not only is he still a politician, he is a chicago politician, which is a whole new breed of fucker.

You wanna advocate "vote out all incumbents" I'll be the first one to join ya!
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513