Just sayin'

befuddled

Re: Just sayin'

Post by befuddled » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:51 pm

This actually brings up another point. I think it's not only dumb as hell, but directly contradictory to the purpose of a government "for the people" to discourage w/in party competition and criticism. Both parties do this and I think it sucks. For example, my favorite Senator (for my state) is Burr. He is a republican I know, he's good representative for this state.

If another republican came along who was willing to have many of the core principles as Burr, but was more willing to do some others (Like take on the TVA about the pollution it spews into NC air and water) and Burr wasn't, why shouldn't he take on Burr just because he is currently in office? It would force politards to better represent people in their districts. No way Rove or anybody else runs a whole party like a dictator if everybody's head is on the chopping block every election. Both parties could be vastly different than what they are now.

Course thats just my opinion.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:39 pm

befuddled wrote:I openly said that not only is he still a politician, he is a chicago politician, which is a whole new breed of fucker.

but that didn't stop you from voting for him, did it?
III

LeeO

Post by LeeO » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:19 am

Bush and crew did an awesome job in Afghanistan. Let's have more of that. Oh, and wasn't that were Bin Laden was, or did he move to Iraq?
Custom Bamboo Fly Rods http://www.304rodcompany.com

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:56 am

Bush and crew did an awesome job in Afghanistan. Let's have more of that. Oh, and wasn't that were Bin Laden was, or did he move to Iraq?
Does the fact that Bush and Cheney did a poor job mean that we need believe everything BO does he does well ? Bush and the Democrat Congress spent way to much money. BO and his Congress are spending even more. So Bush spent to much so BO gets a pass? We need to hold all pols feet to the fire and get them to stop spending our kids/grandkids future.

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:03 pm

m.b. wrote:
befuddled wrote:I openly said that not only is he still a politician, he is a chicago politician, which is a whole new breed of fucker.

but that didn't stop you from voting for him, did it?

it did in the primary. But when my choices were between him and a guy I used to like, but who became a Bush yes-man thanks to Rove, and his queen of moron sidekick, damn right I voted against that shit. Many of your fellow republicans did the same when they choose it was best to not vote at all than to vote McCain/Palin.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:43 pm

and how's that workin' out for ya?
III

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Well, I have better insurance than I ever have due to BCBS being scared shitless of NC's population supporting competition for them here. Grant money for science and research is already coming back, and start-ups and small businesses are doing better now via small business funding, which was at a relative stop.

I'm sure you and I would disagree on the importance of small business versus big business, but I live where the "new, invention economy" is a large part of our day-to-day, and large business, big pharma, and "core industries" keep getting hammered while the companies that have embraced the next gen of money in America is growing. Our education system (not representative of the rest of state, which is completely red) is also getting better, faster than other districts. We are also selling homes faster (although we never quite had the bubble burst the rest of the country had to endure) and our banking centers are centralizing and catering to customers more than I can remember, ever. Wanna know who is bitching? The lawyers, the insurance companies, big pharma, the energy companies, and the lobbyists. Sorry if I don't cry a tear for any of them...

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:59 pm

so BCBS is the only insurance plan NC residents have been allowed to use? there has been no competition previously?

i'm all for small business. they are what built this country.
i'm all for big business too. the more we have of both, the better. i'll take big business over big government any day of the week. but companies can and very often do get too big.

and you're fine with the increased government intervention and increased taxes that are headed our way?

what i'm hearing is that it's working out great for you?
III

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:19 pm

in fact BCBS is almost a monopoly in this state. No way around that. when your company offers only bcbs, you have bcbs. Thats not odd here, in fact its the norm. I've been with exactly three companies in the last 14 years. Guess who provided the insurance for all of them? Guess whether or not the company offered an "opt-out" plan.

I have never had a problem paying my taxes for things I think are beneficial, and I happen to put healthcare on that list.

I am very much fine with government intervention where the unregulated system has failed to police itself and proven disastrous.

----"i'll take big business over big government any day of the week."-----
well amigo, thats exactly what you have done. energy companies beholden to no one, money handlers not under anybody's regulation, big pharma giving 100% plus bonuses then marking up their product an average of 300%, lawyers getting millions for not going taking important cases to trial, whatever.

You think our kids are going to be burdened by excessive debt and the fault lies in the last 1 year?!

and no, you didn't hear it's all going great for me. You heard that I was happier with it than I was previously. Maybe you live in a different demographic and the way things have been were great for you. It's not the same for me, we can differ easily enough