Negro Dialect

Rhyacophila

Re: Negro Dialect

Post by Rhyacophila » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:17 pm

he's very articulate
I guess being fat and ugly isn't enough for the powder monkey - hes got to be an asshole too. (RvW)

LTD

Post by LTD » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Here's some more "Negro Dialect" from the Democrats. Warning...this is painful.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YaDQ1vIuvZI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YaDQ1vIuvZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

It's only ok to use or refer to it if you have earned it. :coffee Put Mc Cain up there. What do you think would have happened? :bullshit
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

upstanding

Post by upstanding » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:13 pm

LTD:
It's real politic not what the public perceives...you want idealism and absolutes in an American political scene...it was an internal "real politic"commentary not external to the public...so what I believe the same if I want my candidate to get elected I want a refined dialect ... it's internal within the democratic party...if a publican mocked a dialect of an ethnic of course I would accuse him or her of most heinous prejudice of the common folk. Now it's time LTD get off the poling platform and get on a political platform...the goal is to get elected or have your candidate get elected...there are only two things worth arguing about: 1/ how to get your man elected assuming he's right on the issues you deem important and 2/ Marx was right on one point: the god squad distributes the opiates to the people. maybe a distant 3/...it's better to do nothing and let the fish hook itself than ponder the meaning and application of strip set, trout set, and cross set.

LTD

Post by LTD » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:36 pm

upstanding wrote:LTD:
It's real politic not what the public perceives...you want idealism and absolutes in an American political scene...it was an internal "real politic"commentary not external to the public...so what I believe the same if I want my candidate to get elected I want a refined dialect ... it's internal within the democratic party...if a publican mocked a dialect of an ethnic of course I would accuse him or her of most heinous prejudice of the common folk. Now it's time LTD get off the poling platform and get on a political platform...the goal is to get elected or have your candidate get elected...there are only two things worth arguing about: 1/ how to get your man elected assuming he's right on the issues you deem important and 2/ Marx was right on one point: the god squad distributes the opiates to the people. maybe a distant 3/...it's better to do nothing and let the fish hook itself than ponder the meaning and application of strip set, trout set, and cross set.
It's simply a politic that WE as Americans both DEM/REPUB can do without in my opinion. I realize that it will likely never go away...but I will do everything I can to eliminate it and my votes will reflect that.
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

ditchdoc

Post by ditchdoc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:28 pm

Frankly, I don't care what Reid said. he's still a dick. They're all dicks.

yes, the women too.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is forever.

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 pm

I didn't think it likely, but listening to Hillary w/ a "southern" accent (and one worse than most of hollywood's attempts) grates me as bad as it did to listen to Bush drop his Yale speech and try to be the good ole' Texan.

Damn dynasty families need to be replaced by some fresh blood with ties to the land.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

FTW

Post by FTW » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:34 pm

Reid is an ass, for a lot of reasons. He's probably toast in the next election regardless of this crap. It's funny, my MIL lives in Vegas, we go down to visit a couple of times per year. All along, reading the newspaper down there, it was always about how great Harry Reid is, all the Fed money he's bringing into the state (mostly Clark County), blah, blah. Make ya wanna puke. When we were there at Thanksgiving the Vegas paper had nothing good to say about Ol' Harry, more about what a fuck up he really is, and how his likely opponents are kicking his ass in the polls. My first, and one of the very few posts I'll have in this section. Carry on, gentlemen.

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:17 am

befuddled wrote: Damn dynasty families need to be replaced by some fresh blood with ties to the land.
I'm with you. Vote em all out and vote in the fuckers who understand what hard work is.
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:56 pm

he's very articulate
And clean.

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:26 pm

Overcast wrote:
BigCliff wrote:There's nothing actually racist about what he said, and the comparison's to Lott's fiasco are crap.

But, its absolutely a double standard for folks like me to raise a fuss over Limbaugh's "Barack the Magic Negro" and say there's nothing wrong with Reid's comment, so carry on.
Good thing your not a spokesperson for the African American community. I would beg to differ and the majority of the African American community would as well.

Senator Harry Reid’s ‘ Negro’ Problem
10 Jan 2010 Author: rikyrah
I don't know what random site you found this "rikyrah" from, but come on.
Clyburn added that Reid's civil rights record is
something "all of us in the African American community can be proud of and can support," and defended the Nevada Senator against charges of racism and GOP calls for him to resign for making racial comments about Barack Obama in 2008.

He went on to question if Reid's comments should even be considered racial: "What is the big fuss about the word 'Negro'?" Clyburn said. "I support the United Negro College Fund, I support the National Council of Negro Women. We still use those two terms, because they have been part of our history for a long time."

Clyburn ended by proclaiming: "It is not their words that we ought to be cognizant of, it's their deeds," before ending "[Reid]'s work speaks for him."
http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.co ... -negro.php

If you've not heard of the guy, he's got some cred on the issue- http://clyburn.house.gov/clyburn-biography.cfm

From a younger observer-
Let's just get this out of the way. No, I do not think that Harry Reid's comment makes him a racist. (Another interesting tidbit from Game Change: that Reid was among those who personally lobbied Obama to run against Clinton in the 2008 primary.) If anything, while Reid's remark itself is problematic, the substance of the remark actually displays a measure of honesty about race in this country that is often lacking in our political discourse.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/keli-goff ... 17870.html
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

West Chester

Post by West Chester » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Dark skinned negros are upset that somehow light skinned ones are better, your opinion on the matter cliff?
If said posting of nude women includes her holding fish AND a large set of antlers (Non-photoshopped), then it can stay. Otherwise, No nudity on the Drake board. Skimpy? OK. Side-boob? Approved. -nemo

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm

West Chester wrote:Dark skinned negros are upset that somehow light skinned ones are better, your opinion on the matter cliff?
It sucks,

but we all know that Tyra's hotter than Iman.

Buy better hooks and bourbon.