Two ?'s

BigCliff

Re: Two ?'s

Post by BigCliff » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:57 pm

SOBF wrote: That being said.....people love us being the "first responders" but hate us being the world's police....not really a question just food for thought...
Those who "hate" us for invading Iraq for BS reasons and fully screwing that pooch are one thing.

Any that bitch about us using our military to maintain some semblance of order in Haiti for the next 6mo, fuck em. They're not worth the shit that comes out of the critters that are chewing up Saddam.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:59 pm

You are about to see that "hate" in Haiti. I sure hope I am wrong. Keeping the peace involves sacrifice....its all fun and games until someone gets killed. More food for thought..........
I have no doubt it's going to get ugly. Let's hope the looting and pillaging remains a small problem. Keeping the peace does indeed involve sacrifice (mainly by US troops).

LTD

Post by LTD » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:08 pm

BigCliff wrote:
SOBF wrote: That being said.....people love us being the "first responders" but hate us being the world's police....not really a question just food for thought...
Those who "hate" us for invading Iraq for BS reasons and fully screwing that pooch are one thing.

Any that bitch about us using our military to maintain some semblance of order in Haiti for the next 6mo, fuck em. They're not worth the shit that comes out of the critters that are chewing up Saddam.
Cliff...you personally willing to carry a rifle in the streets and keep the peace in Haiti?
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

Da Ax

Post by Da Ax » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:10 pm

A few years back, I was in Carib on vacation. We went to St. Martin and a few other places. Outside of the tourist areas, they were bombshelters. Not making a judgement, just stating a fact. I spoke with several people, and most believed that several things kill those islands: greedy government and natural disasters. I don't have any facts to back this up, but from what I saw, it's true.

People are people. Some give, some don't. Real generosity, real benevolence comes from giving and not wanting a damn thing in return. Not even for the person receiving to know from whence it came. At least, that is how I see it. I would not be surprised if a bunch of celebrities show up to "help". I think it's marketing to get normal people to believe they are these all heart individuals. Some do care, if they do, great.

In some ways, we are protecting our interests. No they don't have anything we want in terms of oil or whatever. But, they sit damn close to our shores. These people had little before, now most have nothing. Think about that. What we take for granted, they could almost never dream of. Now, most have barely that. You mix that in, and you have HALF an island that is ripe for takeover from someone who does not like us for whatever reason. Remember the Cuban Missile Crisis....I was not even around, but my dad tells me stories of that time. If troops on the ground help keep the peace and we send aid, in the form of supplies, personnel and cash, so much the better.

As a superpower, it's our obligation to help when these things happen. I said HELP. Not take over, not make them a puppet state or impose our way of thinking upon them. We help, we leave. Nothing more.

I'm more pissed off that we sent money to banks who continue to screw the middle class because they can. Such is a free market society.

Let us help, and may God (or whatever higher diety you may believe in) have mercy on them and us. To stand and do nothing is just as guilty as anything else. Remember, everyone needs help...
The difference between decency and indecency is opportunity...

One could search their entire lives for the perfect drift, and it would not be a wasted life.

"If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out and live in Hell." -Toombs

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:13 pm

How about the folks that fired on the helo's in Indonesia during the tsunami relief???Yes that did happen.....

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:51 pm

LTD wrote:
BigCliff wrote:

Any foreignersthat bitch about us using our military to maintain some semblance of order in Haiti for the next 6mo, fuck em. They're not worth the shit that comes out of the critters that are chewing up Saddam.
Cliff...you personally willing to carry a rifle in the streets and keep the peace in Haiti?
Apparently I wasn't clear, clarification in red.

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:53 pm

SOBF wrote:

Any foreigners that bitch about us using our military to maintain some semblance of order in Haiti for the next 6mo, fuck em. They're not worth the shit that comes out of the critters that are chewing up Saddam.
How about the folks that fired on the helo's in Indonesia during the tsunami relief???Yes that did happen.....
Quite rude, and deserving of return fire.

LTD

Post by LTD » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:56 pm

BigCliff wrote:
BigCliff wrote:That being said.....people love us being the "first responders" but hate us being the world's police....not really a question just food for thought...

Any foreignersthat bitch about us using our military to maintain some semblance of order in Haiti for the next 6mo, fuck em. They're not worth the shit that comes out of the critters that are chewing up Saddam.
Thanks for clarification....you left that out in your first post. Big difference.
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Quite rude, and deserving of return fire.
Yet we did not return fire....I would have loved to see video of the relief drops that included one of our choppers shredding up the ingrates....

Plow

Post by Plow » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Any Haitian thug acting the least bit threatening to our troops needs to be shot on site. Wouldn't hurt to hunt down his buddies either.
Better Reds than dead...

troutsnot

Post by troutsnot » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:52 pm

LTD wrote:How do you guys feel about the US giving 100 + million in aid to Haiti?
Who's going to protect the people of Haiti when the looting and killing starts?
For it.
The United States Marines for now.

Why ?, because it is what America Does. It is what makes us different from everybody else. My Opinion, if we can start dirty little wars in the name of democracy, level countries and rebuild them for phantom wmd's and build multi million dollar embassies, then we can sure as fuck help the Haitians. Just pray for the boys on the ground, keeping the peace.