Two ?'s

LTD

Re: Two ?'s

Post by LTD » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:11 am

shunned wrote:it's a double edged sword.

if you give donations to someone in need, you should have the grace to believe the donations are used to the best of the reliefs abilities.
and if you don't, you should have the grace to stfu. I am not complaining about how ANY of the funds we send to this or any other countries are used. Wake up buddy, that's NOT my position. Plenty of grace here.

what do you propose with the paltry sum of 100+? how much is your country worth? You need to read up and understand that I have no issue with our contributions. Pay attention Jr.
what solution have you got? Thats a very tough question that I don't have a definite answer to. You have an answer?
what are you afraid of? Me personally..nothing. Question is..how will the US and other countries (including yours) react if/when their troops get killed? do you reckon deploying soldiers to a devastated country puts your own at risk? Deploying soldiers to Haiti most CERTAINLY puts our own at risk.

I believe you like to be part of a problem rather than a solution, mate. Mitch..you don't have a clue who I am...and I am not your fucking mate, buddy. Lol.....
though I don't wish it upon you perhaps you should suffer some loss because some days I reckon you don't recognise how much of a miracle it is that you were even born.

someone should give you back your donations so you can pull your fucking head in. The personal insults tell your story Mitch. Out of interest... Where/what have you donated?
Come back and talk to me when your country provides an equal amount of foreign aid per cap that the the US does. According to the records I have found you are behind. I won't tell you to stfu. :cool
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

shunned

Post by shunned » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:38 am

you are my fucking mate, buddy and my donations are no concern of yours.
comparing a country of 300,000,000 to a country of 20,000,000 in regards to aid is a moot argument/point.

it's true, I don't know a great deal about you but I'm not the one fucking moaning all the fucking time.

and if I didn't know you how does me telling you to lift your game become personal?

insults.
in austria we don't mince our words, mate.
we'll call a spade a spade and that's what makes us unique... and well received all around this earth.

except for india. maybe.
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:15 am

shunned wrote: in austria we don't mince our words, mate.
we'll call a spade a spade and that's what makes us unique... and well received all around this earth.

except for india. maybe.
Not to mention it's very in style to coiffure your hair the same as your Shelia.
Attachments
August 081209 011.jpg
August 081209 011.jpg (229.6 KiB) Viewed 424 times
The difference between sentiment and being sentimental is the following: Sentiment is when a driver swerves out of the way to avoid hitting a rabbit on the road. Being sentimental is when the same driver, when swerving away from the rabbit, hits a pedestrian.
~Frank Herbert~

shunned

Post by shunned » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:09 am

you took that photo on my birthday.

c'mon then, tell us the story about the two festive austrians... for starters, what part of pakistan was the blonde bird from?
the depths of your narcissism never cease to amaze me

-raffa of all fucking people

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:26 am

shunned wrote:you took that photo on my birthday.

c'mon then, tell us the story about the two festive austrians... for starters, what part of pakistan was the blonde bird from?

The blond bird's name is Elizabeth, the gents name was...who the fuck cares. The picture was taken while on a bear viewing excursion on ___________ island. She was rather exuberant about going on the excursion, until I pointed out several of the bruins tracks, followed by the question.......... are they close. Followed by, how long before the plane returns.
After a short break where the picture was taken, we continued up the watershed approximately 1km before seeing a sub adult male moving across the creek. Funny how people who are reminded to stay close repeatedly, but only pay attention when confronted with something that can kill them. The group of nine folks was the largest of the year and I felt lucky to see any bears on this trip.
The only reason I remember Elizabeth's name other than a smoking body, were the comments she made when taking her waders off. When helping her pull off the bootfoot waders, she replied thank you,..........I'm hot and wet.

Cheers Mitch :cool
The difference between sentiment and being sentimental is the following: Sentiment is when a driver swerves out of the way to avoid hitting a rabbit on the road. Being sentimental is when the same driver, when swerving away from the rabbit, hits a pedestrian.
~Frank Herbert~

LTD

Post by LTD » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:11 am

shunned wrote:you are my fucking mate, buddy and my donations are no concern of yours.
comparing a country of 300,000,000 to a country of 20,000,000 in regards to aid is a moot argument/point.

it's true, I don't know a great deal about you but I'm not the one fucking moaning all the fucking time.

and if I didn't know you how does me telling you to lift your game become personal?

insults.
in austria we don't mince our words, mate.

except for india. maybe.
Mitch..the donations are per cap. Each American provides a little over $2.00 per person. Your country is just short of that. Size of the country has nothing to do with my figure.

The "mate" comment was a joke Mitch...I can't remember where it came from movie/comedy.
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

Heero

Post by Heero » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:43 am

The one thing Haiti has going for it is that the zombies there will put up a much better fight against the robots when the robots take over everything.

Ive been looking into this whole voodoo thing lately to try to figure out these zombie secrets.

jerome

Post by jerome » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:58 am

45000 Haitians headed for Florida.... good time... bet its only the first wave....

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4548552.story

American Red Cross officials Thursday said more than 4,000 Haitian refugees could be coming to Central Florida soon.

The WFTV.com report shows the organization plans to bring the Haitian refugees, as well as more than 45,000 U.S. nationals living in Haiti, to Jacksonville and then divide them among other Florida cities, including Tampa, Miami and Orlando.

Orange County mayor Rich Crotty said the large number of evacuees coming to the area from Haiti could pose problems for Orlando.

"We're very stressed financially right now, and this is going to add to that stress," Crotty said. "So this is a balance we're going to have to work on strengthening."

Yeah, why dont we just bring them all over here.......

This is GREAT news for everybody that truly wants to help.

If given the chance, who's signing up?????

Save your anonymous monies, your well wishes, and your prayers, because now you have an opportunity to actually house, feed, and clothe a real life disaster victim! That's right! No longer are we being kept off the front lines of disaster relief - can you hear me - the front lines are being brought to our own front door! This is a wonderful opportunity for each of us to open our hearts, minds, checkbooks, dinner tables, and spare bedroooms to our very own disaster victims! Don't let this opportunity to show the world how caring, unselfish, and compassionate a people we Americans really are pass you by!
"Being tossed from The Drake for excessive assholery is a bit like being thrown out of the Rolling Stones for profligate abuse of drugs and booze." - Ajax

Plow

Post by Plow » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:43 am

For the record I think $2 Austrian will buy more than $2 American. If you really care convert your money before giving.

I’d like to see a long-term rebuilding/education/stabilization effort provided by all nations in the region. If meaningful changes are to ever take place in Haiti now is the time. Just putting them back to the way they were is an insult to all is right.
Better Reds than dead...

Heero

Post by Heero » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Plow wrote:For the record I think $2 Austrian will buy more than $2 American. If you really care convert your money before giving.
Ya, American money is no better than Canadian money these days. Thanks Rethuglicans, thanks a whole lot!

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Other countries can say what they want about the USA. We're messed up in our own way, but we're almost always the first responders when a catastrophe happens. Even though our economic conditions are screwed up, people always find a way to give, whether it's time or money. That's what makes this country great....
Pulled this down here so as not to piss people off...I do hate fucking up a good thong thread ....
I'm all for getting the folks in Haiti some help from our citizens. Seeing people dying in the streets is troubling. That being said.....people love us being the "first responders" but hate us being the world's police....not really a question just food for thought...

LTD

Post by LTD » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:49 pm

SOBF wrote:
Other countries can say what they want about the USA. We're messed up in our own way, but we're almost always the first responders when a catastrophe happens. Even though our economic conditions are screwed up, people always find a way to give, whether it's time or money. That's what makes this country great....
Pulled this down here so as not to piss people off...I do hate fucking up a good thong thread ....
I'm all for getting the folks in Haiti some help from our citizens. Seeing people dying in the streets is troubling. That being said.....people love us being the "first responders" but hate us being the world's police....not really a question just food for thought...
You are about to see that "hate" in Haiti. I sure hope I am wrong. Keeping the peace involves sacrifice....its all fun and games until someone gets killed. More food for thought..........