Get Out And Vote Mass!!!

ditchdoc

Re: Get Out And Vote Mass!!!

Post by ditchdoc » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:18 am

Plow wrote:
Rusty Hook wrote:
Plow wrote: Couple of other important things we should be talking about:
Why can’t the American voters see the health care bill before congress votes?
You mean this one?
HR 3590
It's not much of a secret. I found it in less than a minute on Google.
As Epo said, show me the bill that will be passed into law.
Why can’t we watch the “debates” on C Span as promised by Obama?
For starters, C-SPAN is a non-profit organization operated by the National Cable Satellite Corporation. Contrary to popular perception, it is not a government agency, and receives no funding from government sources. It is funded by the cable industry as a public service.
In case you missed any of the live coverage, you can watch the house, senate, and town hall hearings and debates here, at the C-SPAN website.
Thanks, but Obama promised we could see it all (and C-SPAN has agreed to show it if allowed), not just the PR events. I want to see the sweetheart deals being made for his supporters. That would be great TV.
What "sweetheart" deals are you talking about? Do tell.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is forever.

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:20 am

Plow wrote:I’d gladly pay 1% of my salary (withholding) into a pool (that can’t be spent by congress) to protect me and others from catastrophic medical events. Everyone pays including unions.
Agreed. I could see this as a simple thing that most every one could agree on that could get passed. Determining what qualifies as "catastrophic" could get complicated though.

Sidebar- I think if I were in John Edwards situation, I would have thought this was the best possible time to admit baby-daddy-hood too.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

West Chester

Post by West Chester » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:30 am

ditchdoc wrote:
Well for starters buying Nebraska's vote for Obamacare.... but I bet this story didn't make MSNBC's headlines
“The arrangement that requires Washington state taxpayers, and those around the country, to permanently pay Nebraska’s additional Medicaid costs carries a price tag of untold millions,” Washington State Attorney General Rob McKenna said.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/12/2 ... -nebraska/

Or the "Louisiana Purchase" as it is being called now
Truth be told, even Tom DeLay must be jealous of Mr. Reid's handiwork. We summarize some of his most notorious political payoffs nearby, including the legendary $300 million "Louisiana Purchase" for Mary Landrieu, and $100 million for Chris Dodd's favorite Connecticut hospital.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 23550.html

Or Florida's deal
the Reid bill's fine print also solves the mystery of Florida Senator Bill Nelson, who is no relation to Ben but is just as crafty. How could a Florida Democrat, who has built his career denouncing Medicare "cuts," vote for a bill that pays for a new entitlement for younger Americans by taking more than $400 billion from health-care for seniors?

Did you miss these Ditch or just not want to see them?
If said posting of nude women includes her holding fish AND a large set of antlers (Non-photoshopped), then it can stay. Otherwise, No nudity on the Drake board. Skimpy? OK. Side-boob? Approved. -nemo

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:39 am

West Chester wrote:
ditchdoc wrote:
Well for starters buying Nebraska's vote for Obamacare.... but I bet this story didn't make MSNBC's headlines
“The arrangement that requires Washington state taxpayers, and those around the country, to permanently pay Nebraska’s additional Medicaid costs carries a price tag of untold millions,” Washington State Attorney General Rob McKenna said.
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/12/2 ... -nebraska/

Or the "Louisiana Purchase" as it is being called now
Truth be told, even Tom DeLay must be jealous of Mr. Reid's handiwork. We summarize some of his most notorious political payoffs nearby, including the legendary $300 million "Louisiana Purchase" for Mary Landrieu, and $100 million for Chris Dodd's favorite Connecticut hospital.

Or Florida's deal
the Reid bill's fine print also solves the mystery of Florida Senator Bill Nelson, who is no relation to Ben but is just as crafty. How could a Florida Democrat, who has built his career denouncing Medicare "cuts," vote for a bill that pays for a new entitlement for younger Americans by taking more than $400 billion from health-care for seniors?

Did you miss these Ditch or just not want to see them?
Add:
Under the deal, if it becomes law, union workers will be shielded from the 40 percent tax for five years -- until 2018. The threshold for the tax also was raised so that it will kick in for plans worth $24,000 instead of $23,000. And dental and vision coverage will not count toward that threshold.
This work for you ditch, being your with the fireman's union if correct.
The difference between sentiment and being sentimental is the following: Sentiment is when a driver swerves out of the way to avoid hitting a rabbit on the road. Being sentimental is when the same driver, when swerving away from the rabbit, hits a pedestrian.
~Frank Herbert~

Plow

Post by Plow » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Ditch, WC and Overcast covered the ones we know about. Can't believe this is your first time hearing about them.
Better Reds than dead...

Mattb

Post by Mattb » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Plow wrote:Ditch, WC and Overcast covered the ones we know about. Can't believe this is your first time hearing about them.
Wait, so we're all supposed to be shocked that there's politics happening in Washington? Washington DC? Really?

The false naivete is wearing a bit thin from the right these days.
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.”
-Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:38 pm

Mattb wrote:
Plow wrote:Ditch, WC and Overcast covered the ones we know about. Can't believe this is your first time hearing about them.
Wait, so we're all supposed to be shocked that there's politics happening in Washington? Washington DC? Really?

You you are correct Mattb, but perhaps the president should have been more clear when representing himself as the good president of Hope and Change and not business as usual. He set the bar, I suggest the dems jump over it, otherwise get used to more carnage come November, 2010. The items listed above are the exact bullshit that he campaigned against. In this current world of 24 hour 365 days news cycles the words of campaign promises are the simple reasons the democrats find themselves in today.
The difference between sentiment and being sentimental is the following: Sentiment is when a driver swerves out of the way to avoid hitting a rabbit on the road. Being sentimental is when the same driver, when swerving away from the rabbit, hits a pedestrian.
~Frank Herbert~

LTD

Post by LTD » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Holy shit....been absent for a few days enjoying the Bahamian weather and this is what I come back too. Business as usual from our favorite Drakian libs. Be back later provided my sat connection is good enough to log on.....got some fishing to do. :cool
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:46 pm

LTD wrote:Holy shit....been absent for a few days enjoying the Bahamian weather and this is what I come back too. Business as usual from our favorite Drakian libs. Be back later provided my sat connection is good enough to log on.....got some fishing to do. :cool
Fucker
:needs_pics
~Frank Herbert~

West Chester

Post by West Chester » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Mattb wrote:

For the record Matt... do you agree with Obamacare trading votes for sweatheart deals to certain states?
If said posting of nude women includes her holding fish AND a large set of antlers (Non-photoshopped), then it can stay. Otherwise, No nudity on the Drake board. Skimpy? OK. Side-boob? Approved. -nemo

Mattb

Post by Mattb » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Overcast wrote: You you are correct Mattb, but perhaps the president should have been more clear when representing himself as the good president of Hope and Change and not business as usual. He set the bar, I suggest the dems jump over it, otherwise get used to more carnage come November, 2010. The items listed above are the exact bullshit that he campaigned against. In this current world of 24 hour 365 days news cycles the words of campaign promises are the simple reasons the democrats find themselves in today.
Overcast - you're right. Obama overpromised and has seriously underdelivered on that front. The fact of the matter is, most everyone in Washington is pretty happy with the way things currently work - they get their pork and their sweetheart deals and get invited onto the Sunday morning talk shows whenever they decide to hold some policy hostage because there's not enough in it for them. They're enjoying the ride on the gravy train, and aren't going to get off just because Obama wants them to.

The system's broken, I doubt many here would argue with that. That said, it's the system we've got - you've gotta play the hand you're dealt. Healthcare reform could've been a lot better, but it was watered down at every turn and we wound up with the bill currently under consideration. It'll still help a shitload of people and it's a lot better than nothing.
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.”
-Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Plow

Post by Plow » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:03 pm

BigCliff wrote:
Sidebar- I think if I were in John Edwards situation, I would have thought this was the best possible time to admit baby-daddy-hood too.
John who????
Better Reds than dead...