for the SOTU...

Plow

Re: for the SOTU...

Post by Plow » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:00 pm

Damn the internet is fast, googled to check something I thought I saw...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pB5uR3zgsA&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pB5uR3zgsA&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Better Reds than dead...

West Chester

Post by West Chester » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:24 pm

"More importantly, the cost of Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security will continue to skyrocket. That's why I've called for a bipartisan, Fiscal Commission, modeled on a proposal by Republican Judd Gregg and Democrat Kent Conrad. This can't be one of those Washington gimmicks that lets us pretend we solved a problem. The Commission will have to provide a specific set of solutions by a certain deadline. Yesterday, the Senate blocked a bill that would have created this commission. So I will issue an executive order that will allow us to go forward, because I refuse to pass this problem on to another generation of Americans."
Ah to hell with that pesky congress... Really? A shot at the Senate and the Supreme Court in one campaign SOTU speech
If said posting of nude women includes her holding fish AND a large set of antlers (Non-photoshopped), then it can stay. Otherwise, No nudity on the Drake board. Skimpy? OK. Side-boob? Approved. -nemo

LTD

Post by LTD » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Did you see McCain mouth "but, but, but, BUSH" when "o" was blaming Bush?
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:51 pm

West Chester wrote:
"More importantly, the cost of Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security will continue to skyrocket. That's why I've called for a bipartisan, Fiscal Commission, modeled on a proposal by Republican Judd Gregg and Democrat Kent Conrad. This can't be one of those Washington gimmicks that lets us pretend we solved a problem. The Commission will have to provide a specific set of solutions by a certain deadline. Yesterday, the Senate blocked a bill that would have created this commission. So I will issue an executive order that will allow us to go forward, because I refuse to pass this problem on to another generation of Americans."
Ah to hell with that pesky congress... Really? A shot at the Senate and the Supreme Court in one campaign SOTU speech
You're aware that this was a commission to be focused on reducing wasteful spending and the deficit, right?
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

West Chester

Post by West Chester » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:03 pm

BigCliff wrote:
You're aware that this was a commission to be focused on reducing wasteful spending and the deficit, right?
Yes, I did. Just like every other puppet commission to study things. They end up being a waste of tax payer dollars and lots of talk with no action.

The point was that BHO believes that the Executive branch is more powerful than the Legislative or Judicial. Time and again he shows that he has no allegiance to the constitution and continues to try and violate the oath he made on the day he was sworn into office.
If said posting of nude women includes her holding fish AND a large set of antlers (Non-photoshopped), then it can stay. Otherwise, No nudity on the Drake board. Skimpy? OK. Side-boob? Approved. -nemo

Shufisher

Post by Shufisher » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:00 am

Plow wrote:Damn the internet is fast, googled to check something I thought I saw...
That SOB is simply un-fucking-believable! Chicago bully tactics and arrogance are a back mix. Bring on the midterms you POS!
My shit stinks like a 3rd world country, but dammit, if I'm in Hood River, I'm not drinking Ranier! The Wandering Blues

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:50 am

I'm not sure if he's arrogant or just dudn't get it. I can't tell which it is for sure yet, but i suspect it's a little of each.

Re: healthcare: "I take my share of the blame for not explaining it more clearly to the American people."

uh, yeah, you did. we heard it loud and clear and it's been rejected across the country. if an (R) being elected to Mary Jo's killer's seat healthcare champ Teddy K's seat doesn't say exactly that, i don't know what does.

but i love how he calls the American people stupid by saying he needs to "explain it" better to us. if he actually "got it," he'd see that the majority don't want his plan. that's why he's failed at delivering his #1 promise by the three deadlines that were set for it.
III

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:11 am

Plow wrote:Damn the internet is fast, googled to check something I thought I saw...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pB5uR3zgsA&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4pB5uR3zgsA&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

using the sotu to scold the supreme court in front of congress and the world? genius....
i'd think that most presidents would want the court on their side and would not use a setting like that to humiliate them.

arrogance, or simply dudn't get it?

i think both.
III

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:12 am

BigCliff wrote:You're aware that this was a commission to be focused on reducing wasteful spending and the deficit, right?
completely missed the point again... good job.
III

FlyFishNut

Post by FlyFishNut » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:18 am

I admit, I stopped watching and went to bed. I drove six hours today round trip to get skunked by redfish....

BUT - reading the commentaries and reading how he basically dressed down the court to have everyone cheer and clap while they sat there surrounded was fckin disgraceful. That was not the quorum for that display.

He stepped on his crank badly there. The court is going to break it off in him now.

The Court is "Tenured Teflon". They make Bill Clinton look like a bacon charred skillet left on high heat for 2 days.
"You are one of the more annoying people on this board" (Woolybug25)

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:07 am

so you think it was arrogance, or that he simply doesn't understand that wasn't appropriate?
III

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:23 am

m.b. wrote:
BigCliff wrote:You're aware that this was a commission to be focused on reducing wasteful spending and the deficit, right?
completely missed the point again... good job.
The point was that WC will seize on any opportunity to lambast the president, even if its coming from a standpoint I'm fairly sure he agrees with.

Are you saying that you don't want the president to do an end-around to fix something that liberal senators refuse to fix because they're afraid of offending somebody wanting a hand-out?
Buy better hooks and bourbon.