User avatar
By Plow
#289852
Damn the internet is fast, googled to check something I thought I saw...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
User avatar
By West Chester
#289867
"More importantly, the cost of Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security will continue to skyrocket. That's why I've called for a bipartisan, Fiscal Commission, modeled on a proposal by Republican Judd Gregg and Democrat Kent Conrad. This can't be one of those Washington gimmicks that lets us pretend we solved a problem. The Commission will have to provide a specific set of solutions by a certain deadline. Yesterday, the Senate blocked a bill that would have created this commission. So I will issue an executive order that will allow us to go forward, because I refuse to pass this problem on to another generation of Americans."
Ah to hell with that pesky congress... Really? A shot at the Senate and the Supreme Court in one campaign SOTU speech
User avatar
By LTD
#289878
Did you see McCain mouth "but, but, but, BUSH" when "o" was blaming Bush?
User avatar
By BigCliff
#289888
West Chester wrote:
"More importantly, the cost of Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security will continue to skyrocket. That's why I've called for a bipartisan, Fiscal Commission, modeled on a proposal by Republican Judd Gregg and Democrat Kent Conrad. This can't be one of those Washington gimmicks that lets us pretend we solved a problem. The Commission will have to provide a specific set of solutions by a certain deadline. Yesterday, the Senate blocked a bill that would have created this commission. So I will issue an executive order that will allow us to go forward, because I refuse to pass this problem on to another generation of Americans."
Ah to hell with that pesky congress... Really? A shot at the Senate and the Supreme Court in one campaign SOTU speech
You're aware that this was a commission to be focused on reducing wasteful spending and the deficit, right?
User avatar
By West Chester
#289893
BigCliff wrote:
You're aware that this was a commission to be focused on reducing wasteful spending and the deficit, right?
Yes, I did. Just like every other puppet commission to study things. They end up being a waste of tax payer dollars and lots of talk with no action.

The point was that BHO believes that the Executive branch is more powerful than the Legislative or Judicial. Time and again he shows that he has no allegiance to the constitution and continues to try and violate the oath he made on the day he was sworn into office.
User avatar
By Shufisher
#289932
Plow wrote:Damn the internet is fast, googled to check something I thought I saw...
That SOB is simply un-fucking-believable! Chicago bully tactics and arrogance are a back mix. Bring on the midterms you POS!
User avatar
By m.b.
#289937
I'm not sure if he's arrogant or just dudn't get it. I can't tell which it is for sure yet, but i suspect it's a little of each.


Re: healthcare: "I take my share of the blame for not explaining it more clearly to the American people."

uh, yeah, you did. we heard it loud and clear and it's been rejected across the country. if an (R) being elected to Mary Jo's killer's seat healthcare champ Teddy K's seat doesn't say exactly that, i don't know what does.

but i love how he calls the American people stupid by saying he needs to "explain it" better to us. if he actually "got it," he'd see that the majority don't want his plan. that's why he's failed at delivering his #1 promise by the three deadlines that were set for it.
User avatar
By m.b.
#289942
Plow wrote:Damn the internet is fast, googled to check something I thought I saw...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

using the sotu to scold the supreme court in front of congress and the world? genius....
i'd think that most presidents would want the court on their side and would not use a setting like that to humiliate them.

arrogance, or simply dudn't get it?

i think both.
User avatar
By m.b.
#289943
BigCliff wrote:You're aware that this was a commission to be focused on reducing wasteful spending and the deficit, right?
completely missed the point again... good job.
User avatar
By FlyFishNut
#289945
I admit, I stopped watching and went to bed. I drove six hours today round trip to get skunked by redfish....


BUT - reading the commentaries and reading how he basically dressed down the court to have everyone cheer and clap while they sat there surrounded was fckin disgraceful. That was not the quorum for that display.

He stepped on his crank badly there. The court is going to break it off in him now.

The Court is "Tenured Teflon". They make Bill Clinton look like a bacon charred skillet left on high heat for 2 days.
User avatar
By m.b.
#289956
so you think it was arrogance, or that he simply doesn't understand that wasn't appropriate?
User avatar
By BigCliff
#289959
m.b. wrote:
BigCliff wrote:You're aware that this was a commission to be focused on reducing wasteful spending and the deficit, right?
completely missed the point again... good job.
The point was that WC will seize on any opportunity to lambast the president, even if its coming from a standpoint I'm fairly sure he agrees with.

Are you saying that you don't want the president to do an end-around to fix something that liberal senators refuse to fix because they're afraid of offending somebody wanting a hand-out?
"official" intro

I don’t even recall the protocol. I&rsquo[…]

Roughfish swap (Heero backed out)

second bump, cuz Scott's puke is foamy

come hell or high water tr

IMG_6407 (2).JPG IMG_6388 (2).JPG IMG_6268.JP[…]

CarpSpace

seein hows we never manage to poopfish at the lua[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine