Census using our tax dollars

SOBF

Census using our tax dollars

Post by SOBF » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:30 pm

Upsetter

Re: Census using our tax dollars

Post by Upsetter » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:00 pm

total waste, i will send an email bitching about it this wknd. this dude who works for BO, mitch stewart i think, sends me all these emails sayin nothing and I usually respond bitching about stuff I dont like that is always off topic, but they always write back, so it will be interesting to see how they explain this bs. perhaps i will do this as i catch the end of the super bowl after a hearty day on teh water. :cheer

SOBF

Post by SOBF » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:08 pm

perhaps i will do this as i catch the end of the super bowl after a hearty day on teh water.
You suck...in a Drakian way...just a tad jealous that you can fly fish all winter...we usually have some decent hard water..but it has not frozen enough for my liking...I will be watching the Super Bowl though should be a good game

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:31 pm

SOBF wrote:we usually have some decent hard water..but it has not frozen enough for my liking...
you are a wise man on the ice, that shit freaks me out too. a friend of a friend just lost an orv to canyon ferry a couple weeks ago. fwp/deq made him go retrieve it later that week, cost a pretty penny.

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:42 pm

I'd be interested in seeing the justification...first reaction is that it is supreme bullshit. How many uncounted folks are you going to get by advertising in the most expensive venue in town? even if you did, what's the payoff?
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

Rhyacophila

Post by Rhyacophila » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:59 am

SOBF wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/Business/census-a ... id=9745751
Is this money well spent ??
When times are tough, you have to, uh, tighten your belt.
I guess being fat and ugly isn't enough for the powder monkey - hes got to be an asshole too. (RvW)

eponymous

Post by eponymous » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:04 pm

....to determine how to redistrict in order to increase representation in congress.....
"Baseball gives every American boy a chance to excel, not just to be as good as someone else but to be better than someone else. This is the nature of man and the name of the game." Ted Williams

troutsnot

Post by troutsnot » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:11 pm

We are just trying to get a handle on how many Right Wing nut bags are out there. We will know how big to make the ovens. Then as soon as we get a count, We just have to stall until the "Death Camps" are up and running. I heard rumors that in a year liberals will be able to buy a lamp shade out of Republican Skin, a skull salad bowl, or pickled kidneys.

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:26 pm

you do realize that about 40% of Americans consider themselves conservatives, while only 20% consider themselves liberal (or progressives or whatever the fuck you all call yourselves now), right?
III

ditchdoc

Post by ditchdoc » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:53 pm

troutsnot wrote:We are just trying to get a handle on how many Right Wing nut bags are out there. We will know how big to make the ovens. Then as soon as we get a count, We just have to stall until the "Death Camps" are up and running. I heard rumors that in a year liberals will be able to buy a lamp shade out of Republican Skin, a skull salad bowl, or pickled kidneys.

You forgot the gold fillings.
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is forever.

Rhyacophila

Post by Rhyacophila » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:03 pm

I saw the ad

Whatacompletefuckingwasteofmoney

I wonder what they paid the marketing douchebags to come up with that clever ad

I'm sure everyone will be rushing to the website for whatever the fuck they were talking about
I guess being fat and ugly isn't enough for the powder monkey - hes got to be an asshole too. (RvW)

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:06 am

At first glance I thought the thread title was about an idea roughly as ignorant as "keep the federal gov't out of my medicare", glad its not.

I agree that it was an awfully damn pricey PSA. If the actors in it got paid their normal rates rather than having volunteered, thats outrageous.

But the spot itself wasn't that awful. There were much worse-
Buy better hooks and bourbon.