Lovely Boulder, CO

gadflyfisher
Posts: 1466
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:01 am
Location: The razor's edge

Re: Lovely Boulder, CO

Post by gadflyfisher » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:18 am

Spudnik wrote:
gadflyfisher wrote:Or is it that people don't have discretionary income for the project but given the means are eager to do it.
Estimated median household income in 2008: $57,231 (it was $44,748 in 2000)

Boulder: $57,231
Colorado: $56,993


Estimated per capita income in 2008: $39,659

Estimated median house or condo value in 2008: $530,100 (it was $272,200 in 2000)
Boulder: $530,100
Colorado: $242,200


gadflyfisher wrote: Maybe the tax was not high enough.
You're being serious, aren't you? More taxes will solve just about anything, huh?
Yes I am being serious. Did I ever say I was for more taxes? What I said was that maybe the tax imposed was not enough to make it happen.

gadflyfisher
Posts: 1466
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:01 am
Location: The razor's edge

Re: Lovely Boulder, CO

Post by gadflyfisher » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:21 am

West Chester wrote:
slavetotheflyrod wrote:
don't wanna pay $21 a year to reduce your cities carbon footprint? - Don't move to Boulder
The $21 doesn't reduce your carbon footprint though...
Thought you said it dropped 1%.

gadflyfisher
Posts: 1466
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:01 am
Location: The razor's edge

Re: Lovely Boulder, CO

Post by gadflyfisher » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:52 am

This tax wasn't imposed on these people by guvco but rather something they voted in favor of having. At least that is what you posted. What is your problem with democracy?

Willi
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Re: Lovely Boulder, CO

Post by Willi » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:48 am

But Boulder is "home to the happiest, healthiest people in the United States."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/201 ... ties_N.htm

Willi

User avatar
slavetotheflyrod
Posts: 4134
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:01 am
Location: City of Littlefun
Contact:

Re: Lovely Boulder, CO

Post by slavetotheflyrod » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:17 am

Truth be told, Plow, I sometimes hear about what the locals are up to in Boulder and shake my head in disbelief. As the crow flies it's only about 20 miles from where I live, in reality though it's a bit like traveling to western Europe.

20 miles south is a whole nuther story alltogether.
Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. - Outcast

Asking me for an avatar is like walking up to the biggest queen in the jailhouse showers and dropping the soap. - RFA

User avatar
BigCliff
Posts: 5925
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:59 am
Location: SanAntonyo

Re: Lovely Boulder, CO

Post by BigCliff » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:47 am

slavetotheflyrod wrote:
West Chester wrote:There is a nobel prize winner living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave... so whats your point?
My point has to do with the fact that Plow was making generalizations that the people of Boulder are the least useful and productive members of society, based in large part upon the fact that Boulder is perhaps the most liberal city in America. You can say what you want about Boulder, but I doubt there's any place in this country, let alone on this earth with a higher concentration of brilliant minds and world class athletes per capita. I don't care what your political beliefs are, you'd be hard pressed to make the argument PROVE that Boulder is home to the least productive and useful citizens our country has to offer.
Fixed. Plow is never hard-pressed to make an argument.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Image

User avatar
RFA
Posts: 7198
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Lovely Boulder, CO

Post by RFA » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:42 pm

For the record - Spudnick is a chubby, Axe Body Spray stinking, 20 ounce of hair gel wearing, DKNY outfitted, Jersey Guido.

continue. :coffee
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

User avatar
BigCliff
Posts: 5925
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:59 am
Location: SanAntonyo

Re: Lovely Boulder, CO

Post by BigCliff » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:40 pm

Some amusement, an actual resume received for a receptionist spot in Boulder-
Image
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Image

User avatar
Spudnik
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Lovely Boulder, CO

Post by Spudnik » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:04 pm

RFA wrote:For the record - Spudnick is a chubby, Axe Body Spray stinking, 20 ounce of hair gel wearing, DKNY outfitted, Jersey Guido.

continue. :coffee
Chubby? FUCK YOU!
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

User avatar
RFA
Posts: 7198
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:16 am

Re: Lovely Boulder, CO

Post by RFA » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:27 am

sorry - husky.
As it turns out, God? He was a squirrel. A big 'ol meaty one. "I found god, he used to say"

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CC Riebeeck and 10 guests