By West Chester
http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/ ... fiscal-20/

A couple interesting things
To add to the list of outrageous earmarks in Obama's fiscal 2011 budget, it appears left-wing activist groups including ACORN, the embezzlement-prone, voter-registration-fraud-plagued community organizing group, are eligible to receive up to $3.99 billion in taxpayer-backed slush money.

Has Congress already forgotten the Sept. 2009 ban it passed on ACORN and ACORN-affiliate funding? Or the video that led to the ban, footage showing ACORN employees urging individuals they thought were a prostitute and her pimp to set up a brothel and advising the pair on evading taxpaying? It would have had a hard time doing so, considering that ACORN is currently suing the federal government for the attempted ban.

Though the largely Democratic House Appropriations Committee voted against the block last December, it is a Bill Clinton-appointee, U.S. District Court Judge Nina Gershon, who has truly aided the corrupt ACORN cause. Also in December, Gershon issued a temporary injunction against the Congressional funding ban, crying that it ran afoul of the Constitution because under it, ACORN was "singled out by Congress for punishment that directly and immediately affects their ability to continue to obtain federal funding, in the absence of any judicial, or even administrative, process adjudicating guilt."
I'm sure it was the video that helped get them funded again. It was shown to be bogus spliced together bullshit and therefore totally unreliable in court. I guess they didn't cover that on FOX.
By Plow
gadflyfisher wrote:I'm sure it was the video that helped get them funded again. It was shown to be bogus spliced together bullshit and therefore totally unreliable in court. I guess they didn't cover that on FOX.
You got any links back-up for that?
By Upsetter
West Chester wrote:Has Congress already forgotten the Sept. 2009 ban it passed on ACORN and ACORN-affiliate funding? Or the video that led to the ban, footage showing ACORN employees urging individuals they thought were a prostitute and her pimp to set up a brothel and advising the pair on evading taxpaying? It would have had a hard time doing so, considering that ACORN is currently suing the federal government for the attempted ban.
Does this jackass mean the unconstitutional bill of attainder that was going to single out ACORN for punishment for succumbing to the fraudulent misrepresentation of that dipshit wannabee pimp who is now up on federal charges for trying to wiretap a senator's office? Yeah, that bill was amended by the crazy rep from florida to defund any entity found guilty of defrauding govco, which would have made it constitutional and, incidentally, defunded the entire MIC. Not surprisingly, it didnt pass. :coffee

What will the moonies come up with next?
By BigCliff
Plow wrote:
gadflyfisher wrote:I'm sure it was the video that helped get them funded again. It was shown to be bogus spliced together bullshit and therefore totally unreliable in court. I guess they didn't cover that on FOX.
You got any links back-up for that?
I trust the Justice Dept to uncover fact over Fox-
Brooklyn prosecutors on Monday cleared ACORN of criminal wrongdoing after a four-month probe that began when undercover conservative activists filmed workers giving what appeared to be illegal advice on how to hide money.

While the video by James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles seemed to show three ACORN workers advising a prostitute how to hide ill-gotten gains, the unedited version was not as clear, according to a law enforcement source.

"They edited the tape to meet their agenda," said the source.

O'Keefe and Giles - who visited ACORN offices in several cities, including its Brooklyn headquarters - stirred controversy when they posted the videos on their Web site.

They were hailed as heroes by the likes of Rush Limbaugh and their footage led several government agencies to temporarily cut funding for ACORN as the prosecutors opened an investigation.

"On Sept. 15, 2009, my office began an investigation into possible criminality on the part of three ACORN employees," Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes said in a one-paragraph statement issued Monday afternoon.

"That investigation is now concluded and no criminality has been found."

Reaction at ACORN, which is in the process of reorganizing and is struggling to re-establish its financing, was subdued.

"Acorn is gratified that the DA has concluded something we knew all along," ACORN lawyer Arthur Schwartz said, adding it was "unfortunate" the O'Keefe and Giles used "subterfuge to convince congress and the media to vilify an organization that didn't deserve it."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crim ... z0h8FWVgxr
By Rusty Hook
How much funding? What would the funding be used for?
What has actually been proven about ACORN that would disqualify them from receiving this vague "funding," whatever it is, other than the fact that you don't like them? In this country, that isn't enough.
Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

Where are my fucking flies you gd degenerates? I[…]

come hell or high water tr

Good year SFB. Thanks for all you do for us on t[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Denson’s Black Pearl Dabbler https://l[…]

perhaps we need to revisit the paparazzi thread...

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine