Yep, he's soft on terror, and clueless on business...

BigCliff

Re: Yep, he's soft on terror, and clueless on business...

Post by BigCliff » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:23 pm

m.b. wrote:they shouldn't be getting taxpayer dollars to begin with.
I go through life trying to say as few things as possible to which the only appropriate response is, "well no shit". I thought you were in that club as well.

( side note: He said that in 2/09. He had presided over no bailouts at that point.)

Edit:
you missed the fucking point...they shouldn't be getting taxpayer dollars to begin with.

...give taxpayer money to failing businesses...try to regulate what execs make..
Damn, pay attention to yourself man. You're saying that we shouldn't ever bail out a corporation, but if we do, any control of how those failing companies pay their bigwigs is ludicrous?
Last edited by BigCliff on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Plow

Post by Plow » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:27 pm

BigCliff wrote:
Plow wrote:Obama’s first Las Vegas remark sums up just how clueless this guy is about business (and his position as President).
“You can’t get corporate jets. You can’t go take a trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayer’s dime, ” Obama 2/09
Plow, are you in favor of companies bailed out with taxpayer dollars spending money on Vegas trips?

I've been to two sales meetings in Vegas, but my company has cut those out for the last two years, due to the economy. We haven't gotten a nickel of bailout either.
I'm with MB on this - let 'em die.

Every hear about the corporate jet business. Threw quite a scare into those folks - not a very presidential thing to do. LV lost plenty of business from folks not getting bailout money. Stop drinking the kool-aid.
Better Reds than dead...

Rhyacophila

Post by Rhyacophila » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:30 pm

BigCliff wrote:
“You can’t get corporate jets. You can’t go take a trip to Las Vegas or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayer’s dime, ” Obama 2/09
He shoulda menshinned that to Pelosi - and he may want to think about all the flyin around he's been doin to support losing causes - ON THE TAXPAYERS DIME
I guess being fat and ugly isn't enough for the powder monkey - hes got to be an asshole too. (RvW)

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:10 pm

I think Evan Bayah summed up the business situation pretty well and just how fucked up the democrats are on creating jobs. And hell he's a democrat.

Evan Bayh: "If I Could Create One Job, That's More Than Congress ...
Senator Even Bayh told reporters this morning that, "If I could create one job in the private sector, that's more than Congress has done in six months............
The difference between sentiment and being sentimental is the following: Sentiment is when a driver swerves out of the way to avoid hitting a rabbit on the road. Being sentimental is when the same driver, when swerving away from the rabbit, hits a pedestrian.
~Frank Herbert~

Overcast

Post by Overcast » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Oh, and look not a FOX Poll, but CBS and New York Times.

FAIL… Just 6% of Americans Believe Obama’s $787 Billion Stimulus Created Jobs
Monday, February 15, 2010, 8:03 PM
Jim Hoft

In December the Obama Administration announced they had “saved or created” 1.1 million jobs.
In January the Obama Administration announced they had “saved or created” 2 million jobs.
Too bad for Obama that Americans aren’t buying his “saved or created” nonsense.

Just 6% of Americans believe the $787 “stimulus” boondoggle created any jobs according to a recent New York Times/CBS poll.
The difference between sentiment and being sentimental is the following: Sentiment is when a driver swerves out of the way to avoid hitting a rabbit on the road. Being sentimental is when the same driver, when swerving away from the rabbit, hits a pedestrian.
~Frank Herbert~

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:04 am

Plow wrote:
BigCliff wrote:
Plow wrote:Obama’s first Las Vegas remark sums up just how clueless this guy is about business (and his position as President).

I'm with MB on this - let 'em die.

Every hear about the corporate jet business. Threw quite a scare into those folks - not a very presidential thing to do. LV lost plenty of business from folks not getting bailout money. Stop drinking the kool-aid.
So its the Obama's fault that businesses he did not opine about,those not taking guvco money, pulled back on their spending for corporate toys?

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:07 am

Overcast wrote:I think Evan Bayah summed up the business situation pretty well and just how fucked up the democrats are on creating jobs. And hell he's a democrat.

Evan Bayh: "If I Could Create One Job, That's More Than Congress ...
Senator Even Bayh told reporters this morning that, "If I could create one job in the private sector, that's more than Congress has done in six months............
Of course the republican idealogs and their 40 no votes at all times on all issues have no impact on that. They deserve a free ride.

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:09 am

Overcast wrote:Oh, and look not a FOX Poll, but CBS and New York Times.

Jim Hoft

In December the Obama Administration announced they had “saved or created” 1.1 million jobs.
In January the Obama Administration announced they had “saved or created” 2 million jobs.

Just 6% of Americans believe the $787 “stimulus” boondoggle created any jobs according to a recent New York Times/CBS poll.

Definately proves that if you have your own PR firm (fox) that spews lies often enoough many people that don't read or think for themselves will believe anything!

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:15 am

Overcast wrote:Oh, and look not a FOX Poll, but CBS and New York Times.

Jim Hoft

that's anther thing that BO and Biden are too dumb to realize they shouldn't be bragging about...

they spent $787B to create 2M and save 1.1M jobs.... i'm no rocket surgeon but that's ~$254,000 a job...what kind of jobs are these again? you're paying people how much to do what?
III

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:17 am

gadflyfisher wrote:Definately proves that if you have your own PR firm (fox) that spews lies often enoough many people that don't read or think for themselves will believe anything!

yeah cuz obama dudn't have any PR firms in ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, and most major magazines and newspapers spewing his propaganda...

do you realize how stupid your statement sounds?

gadflyfisher wrote:
Overcast wrote:Of course the republican idealogs and their 40 no votes at all times on all issues have no impact on that. They deserve a free ride.
republicans were inconsequential when this shit was going on. blaming the powerless speaks volumes...
III

Mattb

Post by Mattb » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:23 am

Overcast wrote: Just 6% of Americans believe the $787 “stimulus” boondoggle created any jobs according to a recent New York Times/CBS poll.
I'd wager that has more to do with most Americans not having a very good handle on the facts of the matter. If you look at the actual data, it's pretty clear to most observers that the stimulus, though smaller than ideal, did what it was designed to do. There's a good article in today's NYT about this: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/17/busin ... yt&emc=rss
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.”
-Daniel Patrick Moynihan

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:29 am

Mattb wrote:I'd wager that has more to do with most Americans not having a very good handle on the facts of the matter.
awesome. more liberal condescension. "you're not smart enough to really understand what's going on...."

how long till you guys figure out that americans get it, they just don't want your leftist agenda? we see it for what it is...
III