By Mattb
m.b. wrote:while inappropriate, that was just calling a spade a spade.

just sayin'
I agree that it was inappropriate, and that he may have thought he was just calling a spade a spade- problem is, he was wrong on the facts of the issue, as the republicans so often are these days.
By Mattb
m.b. wrote:you make me laugh.

clown.

but yeah, he was wrong. that's why dems are dropping like flies all over the country.
m.b.

I realize you don't actually care about the facts of the issue, but for anyone else that's playing along at home: http://www.factcheck.org/2009/08/seven- ... alth-care/ - Wilson was wrong.
By m.b.
yeah, like a site by the annenburg foundation out of U Penn ain't partisan...uh huh.

why are dems dropping like flies all over the country if wilson was wrong (about Obama lying to the American people)? you don't think it has anything to do with Americans seeing through the facade many of you clowns fell for (and obviously still believe in)?

Obama has lied over and over and been called on numberous times. Wilson was dead on when told obuma "you lie!"
"why are dems dropping like flies all over the country if wilson was wrong (about Obama lying to the American people)? you don't think it has anything to do with Americans seeing through the facade many of you clowns fell for (and obviously still believe in)?"

You keep saying this. Name all those dropping flies. I know about Mass. Who are all the others you're speaking of?
By m.b.
Corzine – (after obama campaigned for him in a historically Dem state) booted.

Bayh – sees the writing on the wall and is bailing/leaving on his own terms before he gets booted

Deeds – (after obama campaigned for him in a state that's been Dem since 2002)) booted.

P. Kennedy - sees the writing on the wall and is bailing/leaving on his own terms before he gets booted

Dorgon - sees the writing on the wall and is bailing/leaving on his own terms before he gets booted

Dodd - sees the writing on the wall and is bailing/leaving on his own terms before he gets booted

Burris - sees the writing on the wall and is bailing/leaving on his own terms before he gets booted

Paterson - sees the writing on the wall and is bailing/leaving on his own terms before he gets booted

Ritter - sees the writing on the wall and is bailing/leaving on his own terms before he gets booted

Reid – circling the drain (check his poll numbers)

then there’s Brown who beat Coakley (after obama campaigned for her in a Dem state) to take the seat that’d been controlled by Commie Kennedy since 1962 (after specifically campaigning as the vote to kill the healthcare bill)

those are just the one’s I can think of off the top of my head that have either been kicked out or dropped (like flies) out. If you need more, do your own homework.

if you exposed yourself to anything other than the leftist mainstream media you'd be aware of how badly things are going for the Dems right now. of course the lefties are not going to report on the Dem struggles all over the country...cuz it dudn't look good for their boy obama.
By Mattb
m.b. wrote:retirement list
This is fun, let me try:

Kit Bond
Mel Martinez
Sam Brownback
Lincoln Diaz-Balart
Vernon Ehlers
Steve Buyer
Mike Castle
Jim Bunning
Judd Gregg
George Voinovich
Henry E. Brown Jr.

The point isn't that democrats aren't going to lose seats in 2010, but that lists like this that don't take into account the facts on the ground are pretty much meaningless. The economy still stinks, unemployment's still high, therefore the majority party will pay at the polls, which, incidentally is a great example of why American politics is so screwed - the minority party can virtually assure electoral victory by doing their level best to prevent anything from getting done. Unfortunately for democrats, republicans seem to be better at obstructionism than they are.
By m.b.
Mattb wrote:This is fun, let me try:
you’re right, it is fun. until you put these guys up there, I didn’t realize how bleak it looks for dems.
don’t get me wrong, i’m no fan of Republicans right now, but they are the lesser of 2 evils.

Bond – likely to be replaced by Roy Blunt (R)

Mel Martinez – will be replaced by Crist (R) who is then expected to win re-election in the next election

Brownback – stepping down to run for governor.

Diaz-Balart – leaving to help in fight with anti-commie efforts in Cuba, expected to be replaced by his brother

Ehlers - the race was not generally seen among the nation's more competitive before news of Ehlers's retirement (he won re-election in 2008 with 61% if the vote).

Buyer - will not seek re-election this fall amid a family health crisis and an ethics probe focusing on a nonprofit foundation designed to fund academic scholarships. (good riddance) - the Primary election on May 4th in Buyer’s District is so Republican, the primary basically represents the general election.

Castle – leaves with a 53% lead over opponents (35%) (Rasmussen) – likely replaced by another Rep.

Bunning – got in a very public spat with McConnell (Sentate Rep leader and popular at home) – killed his chances at being re-elected... race up in the air

Gregg – was nominated as Secretary of Commerce by obama and could have stayed in power if he chose to. (likely decided he didn’t want to go down as an Obama cabinet member – smart move).

Voinovich – would have likely been re-elected

Henry E. Brown Jr. - he’s stepping down with a 67% approval rating - likely have been re-elected

and you forgot Kay Hutchison – she may step down if she wins governor race. If she steps down she will undoubtedly be replace by another Rep.
Mattb wrote: The economy still stinks, unemployment's still high, therefore the majority party will pay at the polls, which, incidentally is a great example of why American politics is so screwed - the minority party can virtually assure electoral victory by doing their level best to prevent anything from getting done. Unfortunately for democrats, republicans seem to be better at obstructionism than they are.
this is exactly why Dems are losing. Obama and the Dems promised they’d turn things around. when that didn’t happened, they promised that mortaging our grandkids future would turn things around. that didn’t happen either; they took a bad situation and made it worse. all they did was quadruple an already hefty debt. and not a single significant campaign promise other than “change” (and nowadays BHO's "change" is nothing more than "debt" ) has been fulfilled.

add to that Americans (who are center-right as a whole) who’ve watched Obama appoint extreme leftist to czar positions. then there’s Obamacare - failed once (even with Dem absolute power) yet they are hell-bent on forcing through something the citizens want no part of.

americans want none of the above… dems can force it down our throats now, but they better get ready to have it shoved up their asses come elections time.

you don’t like it but there’s nothing you can do about it so you say it “is a great example of why American politics is so screwed.” funny, you weren’t singing that tune when your man-crush got elected or when your boys in congress had absolute power.

this little exercise had brightened my day. thanks!
I think both incumbent D's and R's have alot to be puckered about. I think there's going to be quite a bit of turnover, and that the Dem majorities are likely to shrink substantially but not be eliminated in either half of the lege.

I also think that the elections in both 2010 ans 2012 will show that American voters don't quite agree with MB on which is the lesser of two evils in the GOP vs. Obama saga. (unless we see a Romney/Petraeus ticket, then Barry could be in trouble, unless Ron Paul pulls a Perot)

whoa... no need to be mean.

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Dessie Paul’s Mayfly https://live.stat[…]

Impeachment pool

teflon don, teflon shawn. I give a fuck. where's […]

Thanks, Honyuker! Now, about that addy? And where[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine