Dem Hypocrites

SOBF

Dem Hypocrites

Post by SOBF » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:38 pm

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AN8yu9M1anc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AN8yu9M1anc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Fast fwd to today
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zr8PZ3ajEWo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zr8PZ3ajEWo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

BigCliff

Re: Dem Hypocrites

Post by BigCliff » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:11 pm

While I see where you're coming from on implying hypocrisy, the "nuclear option" and Reconciliation are in fact different.
In U.S. politics, the nuclear option is an attempt by a majority of the United States Senate to end a filibuster by invoking a point of order to essentially declare the filibuster unconstitutional which can be decided by a simple majority, rather than seeking formal cloture with a supermajority of 60 senators.
Reconciliation is a legislative process in the United States Senate intended to allow consideration of a contentious budget bill without the threat of filibuster. Introduced in 1974, reconciliation limits debate and amendment, and therefore favors the majority party... Since 1980, 17 of 23 reconciliation bills have been signed into law by Republican presidents (a Republican has been president for 20 of the last 29 years). Since 1980, reconciliation has been used nine times when Republicans controlled both the House and the Senate, six times when Democrats controlled both the House and the Senate, one time when the Democrats controlled the Senate and the Republicans the House, and seven times when the Republicans controlled the Senate and the Democrats controlled the House. These include both COBRA and the Bush Tax Cuts.
The Nuclear Option requires changing the rules of the the Senate, Reconciliation does not. Reconciliation has been used over 20 times, the Nuclear Option never has.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:21 pm

you are right cliff, but i swear i heard someone talking about doing it last night on a TH show. i wasnt really paying attention, so i cant say who exactly. i am pretty sure it was a dem, but not leadership or anyone i recognized.

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:37 pm

meh. if they grow some balls and make the repubs squeal by actually putting something important through, then I'll take notice again.

Dems: "we can't do important things, we have to get re-elected..."

other Dems: "ya'll fuckin suck"

Repubs: "we have to oppose, just because"

Dems: "if we're mean to them, then we're going to disenfranchise some folks"

Repubs: "Look! They're disenfranchising their BASE by not doing anything! More soundbytes!"

Dems: "Oh fuck, they had a Tea Party rally, we might lose a republican vote!"

dem voters: "so fuckin what!? Do what I voted you for. If they whine like pussies, then you just DID something!"

Repubs: "Obama is socializing the country and making my grandkids in debt!" ...wild cheers for soundbytes

dem voters: "Obama aint doin shit 'cause the Senators got no cajones"

Obama: "what the fuck just happened to all the people who were screaming as loud as they can? They still support the agenda, but are as hard to find as a damn chupacabra"

dem voters: "Oh yeah, sorry about that, were we still supposed to be heard even after we won?"

other dem voters: "ya'll fuckin suck"
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513