By Plow
BigCliff wrote:
Plow wrote: A balance diet is up to the individual not gov.
Plow- do both of these represent balanced diets?
Your chart is produced by an organization promoting a vegan diet. Their goal is to cut subsidies for foods they deem unhealthy and increase subsidies for fruits, vegetables, and vegetarian products. By forcing up meat, dairy, poultry and fish prices they hope to economically force their diet and lifestyle on everyone (well the poor anyway).

Why do they want to this? Because like all libs they want to control every aspect of our lives because they always believe they know what’s best for us. Can you say Jesus freaks with asparagus?

That aside Cliff can you say for certain the distribution of subsidies in out of wack?

Much of our fruits and vegetables come from foreign countries. Do we want to subsidize foreign growers so the “chart” is balanced?

We are one of the most efficient grain producers in the world – efficiency requires less subsidies. Supply and demand keeps cost down – too far down in some cases.

I’m no expert but I’m guessing meat is the most expensive item to produce. It would stand to reason that it also requires the most subsidies. We also have a huge milk subsidy program in that number – you do what kids to have milk don’t you? Meat also has the most government regulations – coincidence?

Another thing to consider. What’s going to happen when the cost of meat skyrockets and suddenly everyone becomes a hunter and fisherman? Are they going to outlaw hunting and fishing to keep us healthy? And what happens when wolves are starving because every damn elk in MT is in a freezers.

Anyway to answer your question about the chart, I think it’s meaningless

to all but kneejerk liberals.
By m.b.
Plow wrote:We also have a huge milk subsidy program in that number – you do what kids to have milk don’t you?
oh shit, here comes Jerome....
By Plow
m.b. wrote:
Plow wrote:We also have a huge milk subsidy program in that number – you do what kids to have milk don’t you?
oh shit, here comes Jerome....
he knows i'm talking about milk and not tits right?
By SLSS
Plow wrote: Your chart is produced by an organization promoting a vegan diet. Their goal is to cut subsidies for foods they deem unhealthy and increase subsidies for fruits, vegetables, and vegetarian products. By forcing up meat, dairy, poultry and fish prices they hope to economically force their diet and lifestyle on everyone (well the poor anyway).

Why do they want to this? Because like all libs they want to control every aspect of our lives because they always believe they know what’s best for us. Can you say Jesus freaks with asparagus?

That aside Cliff can you say for certain the distribution of subsidies in out of wack?

Much of our fruits and vegetables come from foreign countries. Do we want to subsidize foreign growers so the “chart” is balanced?

We are one of the most efficient grain producers in the world – efficiency requires less subsidies. Supply and demand keeps cost down – too far down in some cases.

I’m no expert but I’m guessing meat is the most expensive item to produce. It would stand to reason that it also requires the most subsidies. We also have a huge milk subsidy program in that number – you do what kids to have milk don’t you? Meat also has the most government regulations – coincidence?

Another thing to consider. What’s going to happen when the cost of meat skyrockets and suddenly everyone becomes a hunter and fisherman? Are they going to outlaw hunting and fishing to keep us healthy? And what happens when wolves are starving because every damn elk in MT is in a freezers.

Anyway to answer your question about the chart, I think it’s meaningless

Plow, this is the most convoluted thinking I've ever heard. Do you believe there is a liberal agenda to get people to eat more vegetables? So they can garner the votes of the crazed organic farming market.

I don't know how/why the subsidies got started, but I think the crazy money put into all farm subsidies now has to do with lobbying by different groups. One of the other things I am always baffled by is why do so many people who rant about entitlement programs not see this as the same thing?

And as far as milk goes- what other organism on the planet drinks milk past the baby stage? I don't believe there there is an agenda to a lot of nutritional information available- the changes in and industrialization of the food we eat over the last 30/40 years, combined with the fact that most people don't work physically anymore are why we are fat.

In the wacked sub-basement- this thread may have the most crazy-ass stuff yet.
By Plow
SLSS wrote:
Plow, this is the most convoluted thinking I've ever heard. (A bit over the top and blunt for sure but this is how we do it in my circles) Do you believe there is a liberal agenda to get people to eat more vegetables? (Of course not and I didn’t say that) So they can garner the votes of the crazed organic farming market.
Here’s a quote from the PCRM article that provided the graphic:
This fall, the Senate will have its turn debating and voting on the bill. PCRM will need your help again to encourage senators to cut subsidies for unhealthy foods and increase support for fruits, vegetables, and vegetarian foods. Other groups, including the American Medical Association and the President’s Cancer Panel, are also calling on Congress for sweeping reforms.
PCRM advocates a Vegan diet and part of their agenda is getting more people to give up meat. I’m ok with that but not when it’s done with selective manipulation of subsidies. Making something perfectly healthy for me (all of us) more expensive because they don’t want me to have it chaps my ass. Lets get rid of ALL subsidies and let the forks fall where they may.
I don't know how/why the subsidies got started, but I think the crazy money put into all farm subsidies now has to do with lobbying by different groups. One of the other things I am always baffled by is why do so many people who rant about entitlement programs not see this as the same thing?
Subsidizes are the one entitlement program we all qualify for and use (if we eat). We agree on subsidies.
And as far as milk goes- what other organism on the planet drinks milk past the baby stage? I don't believe there there is an agenda to a lot of nutritional information available- the changes in and industrialization of the food we eat over the last 30/40 years, combined with the fact that most people don't work physically anymore are why we are fat.
No comment on the milk thing except to say I like my tits without it. Agree with everything else.
In the wacked sub-basement- this thread may have the most crazy-ass stuff yet.
Best I can tell aside from my liberal bashing we’re on the same page.
By SLSS
Pheww. I didn't think we were actually ideological neighbors, but I didn't think you were nuts either.
Plow wrote: Lets get rid of ALL subsidies and let the forks fall where they may........

....we’re on the same page.
Yeah, seems like it. :cool

My wife just went from vegetarian to vegan, and while it hasn't affected my eating in any way negative- she's a great cook- it's a pain in the ass to cook now- relearning things so she'll eat when I cook.

I still love my steak, salmon, halibut, eggs.......and lots of veggies.
By BigCliff
A bit more evidence of the effects of our deftly created subsidies-

KP got a good dig in. When I'm the guy who ge[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Pearly Muddler Mayfly https://live.staticfli[…]

come hell or high water tr

Good year SFB. FYI, he's FSB over here, the[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Summer was nice. https://i.imgur.com/2xETTzX.jp[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine