some of the evil, evil shit the Bush administration did...

Willi

Re: some of the evil, evil shit the Bush administration did...

Post by Willi » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:18 am

I guess when words have meaning it's boring. It's much more fun to make things up to fit one's views.

Willi

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:27 pm

tee hee hee!
III

gadflyfisher

Post by gadflyfisher » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:11 pm

gadflyfisher wrote:
m.b. wrote:who the fuck is alfonso serrano?

when you fight an unconventional enemy that doesn't adhere to geneva convention, you use unconventional methods to win. most people understand that, libs are the only ones that can't grasp it.

how many lives were saved because we poured some water in some guys' nose?
I give. How many lives were saved by waterboarding? I would like to see your proof that any were saved by it.
I may have missed your answer.

Rusty Hook

Post by Rusty Hook » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:56 pm

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
It is quite fitting that these guys have adopted the tea party as their model of political discourse.
The virtues are lost in self-interest as rivers are lost in the sea.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:25 pm

gadflyfisher wrote:
gadflyfisher wrote:
m.b. wrote:who the fuck is alfonso serrano?

when you fight an unconventional enemy that doesn't adhere to geneva convention, you use unconventional methods to win. most people understand that, libs are the only ones that can't grasp it.

how many lives were saved because we poured some water in some guys' nose?
I give. How many lives were saved by waterboarding? I would like to see your proof that any were saved by it.
I may have missed your answer.
i asked the question first, dumbass. i have no idea how many live have been saved and how many attacks have been thwarted. that's why i asked...
III

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Rusty Hook wrote:
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
It is quite fitting that these guys have adopted the tea party as their model of political discourse.
who has adopted the tea party as their model of discourse, comrade troll hook?
III

slavetotheflyrod

Post by slavetotheflyrod » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:31 am

So let me see if I have this right: Physical torture (electrocution, pulling out fingernails, etc...) is still torture
Mental torture, on the other hand (sleep deprivation, waterboarding, etc) is OK, cuz it's not really torture if you can't count the scars and quantify the damage?

Do I have that right?
Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. - Outcast

Asking me for an avatar is like walking up to the biggest queen in the jailhouse showers and dropping the soap. - RFA

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:40 pm

you are confused about all this because it hasn't been explained to you yet. like most americans, you can't quite put it all together without someone interpreting it for you because it's very complicated. it's actually a really good thing for all americans. some of you guys can't see it yet because you don't understand how all this works, and there has been a lot of negative spin from the far left radicals and media which has skewed many americans' (like you) viewpoints on the whole thing. the kook fringe opposition likes to break it down into convenient little soundbites to help stall the process because they are obstuctionists. most americans want this and it will help protect them and their families in the long run. an added benefit is that it's deficit neutral and will help to lower the cost of the war on terror man-made disasters going forward.
III

slavetotheflyrod

Post by slavetotheflyrod » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:48 pm

m.b. wrote:you are confused about all this because it hasn't been explained to you yet. like most americans, you can't quite put it all together without someone interpreting it for you because it's very complicated. it's actually a really good thing for all americans. some of you guys can't see it yet because you don't understand how all this works, and there has been a lot of negative spin from the far left radicals and media which has skewed many americans' (like you) viewpoints on the whole thing. the kook fringe opposition likes to break it down into convenient little soundbites to help stall the process because they are obstuctionists. most americans want this and it will help protect them and their families in the long run. an added benefit is that it's deficit neutral and will help to lower the cost of the war on terror man-made disasters going forward.
Wow, you managed to crank out an entire paragraph without saying anything at all. Once again, It would appear I've found myself having a battle of wits with an un-armed party.
Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. - Outcast

Asking me for an avatar is like walking up to the biggest queen in the jailhouse showers and dropping the soap. - RFA

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:16 pm

none of that sounded even vaguely familiar?

but yeah, you are one of the sharpest mo-fos on here...nobody'd argue that. really.
III

flybug.pa.

Post by flybug.pa. » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:49 pm

people have forgotten about the South Vietnamese interrogators launching out NVA prisoners out of a helicopter if they didn't give up the goods. Had i been in charge the 141's never would have landed @ Gitmo. Any when they did land there would have been minimal people getting off. I probably would have had them fly around in a large circle over the desert, creating small red divots in the sand and rock below.
:coffee
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

Rusty Hook

Post by Rusty Hook » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:51 pm

and that's why you're not in charge.
The virtues are lost in self-interest as rivers are lost in the sea.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt