some of the evil, evil shit the Bush administration did...

flybug.pa.

Re: some of the evil, evil shit the Bush administration did...

Post by flybug.pa. » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Illegal as hell Rusty. I am pretty damn happy i had no decisions to make :coffee
If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your shit, then you deserve it.
- Frank Zappa

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:34 pm

Rusty Hook wrote:
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
m.b. wrote:who has adopted the tea party as their model of discourse, comrade troll hook?

pot/kettle...

dumbass.
III

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:17 am

m.b. wrote:who the fuck is alfonso serrano?

when you fight an unconventional enemy that doesn't adhere to geneva convention, you use unconventional methods to win. most people understand that, libs are the only ones that can't grasp it.
And in the process you lose your way and become worse than what you claim to despise.
m.b. wrote:how many lives were saved because we poured some water in some guys' nose?
I'm going to bet not a single one. I will also wager that many, many lives were permanently destroyed by these inhumane treatments, not just the tortured but the torturers. Some of the people that perpetrated these acts (torturers/murderers) walk among us now. One who orchestrated and pushed these travesties to American ideals lives just up the road from me! We need to bring all involved to justice.

The uniform that so many wear so proudly now has a stain, a deep stain.
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:27 am

WAAAAHHHH!!!!  boo hoo hoo hooo!!!! WAAHHHH!!!!!.jpg
III

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:28 am

If you're not crying for what happened to our country under the torture regime, you probably never loved your country to begin with. :smile
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

m.b.

Post by m.b. » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:30 pm

yeah, probably. the "torture regime"...that's rich.

dumbass.
III

eponymous

Post by eponymous » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:04 pm

now that is funny. new avatard anyone?
"Baseball gives every American boy a chance to excel, not just to be as good as someone else but to be better than someone else. This is the nature of man and the name of the game." Ted Williams

Mattb

Post by Mattb » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:57 am

New article on waterboarding and other torture techniques under the Bush administration:
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2010/ ... ws/feature

I'd be irate if another country was doing this to our soldiers. There's just no justification for the US doing crap like that.
“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.”
-Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Willi

Post by Willi » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:51 am

Mattb wrote:New article on waterboarding and other torture techniques under the Bush administration:
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2010/ ... ws/feature

I'd be irate if another country was doing this to our soldiers. There's just no justification for the US doing crap like that.
We prosecuted our enemies for the same torture techniques in the past and now since we've used these techniques, they're somehow no longer torture!?? It's one thing to feel and make an argument that torture is justified (which I don't believe) but it's too Orwellian for me to change the meaning of words to fit a specific political position.

Willi

West Chester

Post by West Chester » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:16 am

Hypothetical question for your guys against water boarding. Lets say a loved one was being held captive somewhere and you have standing in front of you a suspect who knows where your loved one is. Would you put your "torture" beliefs aside to find out the information about your loved one or would you give the suspect rights that he is not owed, 5th amendment knowledge and allow him to sit quiet.

I know the answer and so do you. You would do anything possible to rescue your loved one including pouring water in someone's nose. But I also know you will never admit you would "torture" someone because it is not a real suggestion.

Secondly, do you guys realize why these guys are being water boarded? because they were captured on a battlefield, often times surrendering AFTER shooting at our troops. They refused to give information that will help end the war sooner so ultimately they were removed from the combat zone to acquire the information that US Soldiers need to win the war.

Let our soldiers and CIA do the job to get these wars won.
If said posting of nude women includes her holding fish AND a large set of antlers (Non-photoshopped), then it can stay. Otherwise, No nudity on the Drake board. Skimpy? OK. Side-boob? Approved. -nemo

ditchdoc

Post by ditchdoc » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:25 am

So, when are you enlisting?
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is forever.

West Chester

Post by West Chester » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:41 am

ditchdoc wrote:So, when are you enlisting?
To waterboard people that were caught fighting our troops.... where do I sign up?
If said posting of nude women includes her holding fish AND a large set of antlers (Non-photoshopped), then it can stay. Otherwise, No nudity on the Drake board. Skimpy? OK. Side-boob? Approved. -nemo