Cartoon thread

befuddled

Re: Cartoon thread

Post by befuddled » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:37 pm

I heard it on the radio bit there is a link to his book of compiled trump cartoons if you google dunesbury.

I can't be considered a conservative by true conservatives but I definitely fall into the southern democrat or maybe libertarian category. Gary Johnson is my man this year. Just out of curiousity, are you going to "throw away your vote" by going third party?

I am. No way in hell I'm voting for hillary or trump

www.balancedrebellion.com
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:10 am

I'd say voting for someone whose positions on multiple major issues are directly opposite your own just because of party affiliation, that's throwing away your vote.

I voted for Johnson last time and was accused of wasting my vote, even helping Obama to win. AZ is the sclerotic, arrhythmic heart of teapublicanland - they could disinter Mussolini's corpse, prop him up with a pro-gun, anti-abortion, slash-the-taxes, sell-the-public-lands, shoot-the-wolves platform and he'd beat the Dem. So my one little protest vote didn't do anything but make me feel better about finally voting FOR someone rather than against the other other asshole. And I'll do it again.
"unsalvageably incoherent"

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:20 pm

befuddled wrote:I heard it on the radio bit there is a link to his book of compiled trump cartoons if you google dunesbury.

I can't be considered a conservative by true conservatives but I definitely fall into the southern democrat or maybe libertarian category. Gary Johnson is my man this year. Just out of curiousity, are you going to "throw away your vote" by going third party?

I am. No way in hell I'm voting for hillary or trump

http://www.balancedrebellion.com

I still haven't decided on whether or not I'll vote for Johnson, but I'm definitely NOT voting for Hillary or Trump. I don't even think a withheld vote is a wasted vote, provided you do it right. Go to the polls on election day, vote the down ticket, and if you can't stomach any of the candidates for president then don't vote that ballot. My hope would be that if they see a large enough number of people voting 3rd party, or showing up at the polls and still refusing to vote for president, the parties may get the message that they need to give us better choices.
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

Heero[CntRmbrPwd]

Post by Heero[CntRmbrPwd] » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:52 pm

I want to vote for Johnson, but (unless Im mistaken) he is one of those for, even pushing for, the selling off of federal-owned lands (BLM lands and such) so I cant vote for him. I cant speak to the consitutionality (or whatever) about the Feds owning this public land and I wont speak to whether or not its managed well, but I have seen what happens when the states, often financially strapped, take over management -- ie, its sold off to private parties or extraction industries then access is closed.

We all have our issues we care about.

Whats the deal with Stein? I mean, besides wanting equal rights for gorillas. Im ok with a National Harambe Holiday if it means I get to keep my public land.

Eidt: Yeah, I was right.
Gary Johnson wrote:So to give control of those BLM lands to the state and sell that land to the private landowners, and actually put that on private property tax rolls, that makes a lot of sense.
No vote from me. Le sigh.

Fishwater

Post by Fishwater » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:16 pm

What Red said x 2
The famous are rarely relevant, the relevant rarely famous.

Willi

Post by Willi » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:50 pm

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:I want to vote for Johnson, but (unless Im mistaken) he is one of those for, even pushing for, the selling off of federal-owned lands (BLM lands and such) so I cant vote for him. I cant speak to the consitutionality (or whatever) about the Feds owning this public land and I wont speak to whether or not its managed well, but I have seen what happens when the states, often financially strapped, take over management -- ie, its sold off to private parties or extraction industries then access is closed.

Whats the deal with Stein? I mean, besides wanting equal rights for gorillas. Im ok with a National Harambe Holiday if it means I get to keep my public land.

Gary Johnson wrote:So to give control of those BLM lands to the state and sell that land to the private landowners, and actually put that on private property tax rolls, that makes a lot of sense.

That's a killer for me too. Hard to be a Libertarian and a sportsman unless you're rich.

Willi

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:11 pm

I also disagree with Johnson on selling public lands, as well as his positions on health care, ending corporate taxes, private prisons and more. But I find more common ground with him than with either of the two major party idiots.
"unsalvageably incoherent"

befuddled

Post by befuddled » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:29 pm

Motherfucker.
Thank you heero for bringing this up as I was unaware.

Damn it. Now I have nobody except down ballot to vote for.
There are so many dildos out there, you''d think setting their phones to vibrate would come naturally. ---SUAF

greedy capitalist/liberal-elitist/gun-toting profit monger

We'll wake the dead motherfucker. Fuck you. ---- Fallen513

Plow

Post by Plow » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:26 pm

VTNZ wrote:Breaking news: Politicians take money by lobbyists/folks of influence!!

Supported by conservative Citizens ruling...

Dirty Little Tidbit: Cheetoh Jesus himself gave 100k to Clinton Foundation....huh. :bullshit
I can remember a time when the mere mention of cronyism/lobbyists and folks of influence you'd sprout forth with a post of a thousand words or more. You'd be all koch brothers, lockheed up to no good and everything. Here you have some rock solid proof and all you got is 25 to 30 words! Hum, wonder what changed?

Cheetos jesus just playing the clinton game, chalk 100k to cost of doing business (and it deductible).
Better Reds than dead...

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:25 pm

Heero[CntRmbrPwd] wrote:I want to vote for Johnson, but (unless Im mistaken) he is one of those for, even pushing for, the selling off of federal-owned lands (BLM lands and such) so I cant vote for him. I cant speak to the consitutionality (or whatever) about the Feds owning this public land and I wont speak to whether or not its managed well, but I have seen what happens when the states, often financially strapped, take over management -- ie, its sold off to private parties or extraction industries then access is closed.

Yep, its gotta be hurting his chances with the youth vote as well, which is down with the libertarian social views, but way too "green" to vote for getting rid of enviro protections.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Redchaser

Post by Redchaser » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:53 pm

bernie.jpg
bernie.jpg (70.12 KiB) Viewed 611 times
"... don’t let your life become the sloppy leftovers of your work" Jim Harrison

"Put in the effort and good things happen"... Hogleg

"Salinity is proportional to sanity for sure" ..The Volfish

Redchaser.com, all about Louisiana Fly Fishing

BigCliff