Conservative civil war

Plow

Re: Conservative civil war

Post by Plow » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:34 pm

blumpkin wrote:Anybody want to place odds on Alison Grimes winning the "Lying Game" in Kentucky...
May or may not have anything to do with this, but...

40 painful seconds of Alison Lundergan Grimes refusing to say whether she voted for President Obama

Bill Hicks had it right but instead of marketers he should have plunged in democrats. Own your misjudgments, you'll be respected for admitting your stupidly in the end.
Better Reds than dead...

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:33 am

Mike Huckabee, who began his interview by threatening to leave the Republican Party if the GOP does not take a stand against the Supreme Court's decision yesterday not to hear appeals of lower court rulings striking down gay marriage bans in several states.

Incensed by the decision, Huckabee declared that "I am utterly exasperated with Republicans and the so-called leadership of the Republicans who have abdicated on this issue," warning that by doing so the GOP will "guarantee they're going to lose every election in the future."

"Guarantee it," he said before proclaiming that the Republicans are going to "lose guys like me and a whole bunch of still God-fearing, Bible-believing people" if the party does not stand and fight on the issues of gay marriage and abortion.

"I'm gone," Huckabee warned. "I'll become an independent. I'll start finding people that have guts to stand. I'm tired of this":

- See more at: http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/u ... bipzz.dpuf
:coffee
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Plow

Post by Plow » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:24 pm

Good for Huckabee. He's no part-time law school lecturer so you can bet he'll stand firm on his red line.
Better Reds than dead...

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:09 am

GOP leadership getting scolded by the WSJ Editorial board? Where's my popcorn?
So Republicans are facing what is likely to be another embarrassing political retreat and more intra-party recriminations. The GOP’s restrictionist wing will blame the leadership for a failure they share responsibility for, and the rest of America will wonder anew about the gang that couldn’t shoot straight.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/can-the-gop ... 1423438126
Once again-

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:50 am

Boehner-

Republican House Speaker John Boehner will resign as Speaker and leave his seat at the end of October, NBC News has confirmed.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congres ... gn-n433581

Plow

Post by Plow » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Must be devastating for the dems.
Better Reds than dead...

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:40 pm

Plow wrote:Must be devastating for the dems.
Plow, as much as anybody, and maybe more, you've helped me learn that the only way to win an argument on the internet is to let (or help) the other person make it crystal clear how wrong they are.

If Boehner gets replaced with some wacko like Marcia Blackburn, Tim Huelskamp or Steve King, the Dems may find the same strategy works quite effectively.

Plow

Post by Plow » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:02 pm

BigCliff wrote:
Plow wrote:Must be devastating for the dems.
Plow, as much as anybody, and maybe more, you've helped me learn that the only way to win an argument on the internet is to let (or help) the other person make it crystal clear how wrong they are.

If Boehner gets replaced with some wacko like Marcia Blackburn, Tim Huelskamp or Steve King, the Dems may find the same strategy works quite effectively.
Have any of those been put forth as serious replacement for Boehner? Of course not! Lets see what happens and go from that.

Although, it could be another right wing conspiracy as hillary has suggested. I'm sure time will tell that hallary is wrong as usual. No doubt you will support dispute the facts.
Better Reds than dead...

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:38 am

Plow wrote:Although, it could be another right wing conspiracy as hillary has suggested. I'm sure time will tell that hallary is wrong as usual.
Yeah its not like the guy expected to become the new speaker just admitted that the Benghazi committee was totally politically motivated or anything.

Oh, wait...

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/10/0 ... backfires/

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Holy cow...this took me a while to get through, but its a wonderful piece about the history of the oft mentioned here "republicans used to be democrats back in the jim crow days" and how the tides turned in the 60's. Mostly about the effect of one roger milliken, but offers useful insight about what is going down today and why.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ory-213212

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:38 pm

Just in case it wasn't ugly enough already-
CLEVELAND - Two controversial figures on the right met late Wednesday night over drinks to plot a primary challenge to Ted Cruz, after the Texas senator refused to endorse Donald Trump at the GOP convention here.

Renegade GOP operative Roger Stone said he and InfoWars founder Alex Jones, a conspiracy theorist, are planting the seeds to ensure Cruz is sent packing from Washington when his first term ends in 2018.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/sen ... ge-to-cruz

Plow

Post by Plow » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:29 am

This is news? Tell us about the wikileaks of DNC emails or some positive stuff about clinton. Now that would be news.

Got to get back to mowing the yard, grass seems to be the only thing growing that's positive for the country right now.
Better Reds than dead...