Tsunami no/little looting. Thoughts?

Rusty Hook

Re: Tsunami no/little looting. Thoughts?

Post by Rusty Hook » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:51 pm

SOBF wrote:http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/w ... s_03142011
Just curious why Haiti had bands of roaming thugs shortly after their disaster. Katrina same thing. Thoughts?
Soon followed by this from mb:
m.b. wrote:ha ha, like we don't all know why...
Sure, neither one of you came right out and said that black people are natural thieves, but that was the implication. You pick two locations with large black populations, even though the blog you linked spent more time talking about other places like Chile after their earthquake. By all appearances, it was not an innocent question but a "safe" way of making a racial slur. I say "safe" because if people agree with you, you can feel good about that, and if they don't, you can pretend you meant nothing of the kind, and condemn the person or people who call you on it, so maybe no one will speak up next time. I have seen it here before, and I have seen it elsewhere, nothing new. Just stop pretending to be shocked or offended. You aren't.
The virtues are lost in self-interest as rivers are lost in the sea.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

LTD

Post by LTD » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Rusty Hook wrote:
SOBF wrote:http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/w ... s_03142011
Just curious why Haiti had bands of roaming thugs shortly after their disaster. Katrina same thing. Thoughts?
Soon followed by this from mb:
m.b. wrote:ha ha, like we don't all know why...
Sure, neither one of you came right out and said that black people are natural thieves, but that was the implication. You pick two locations with large black populations, even though the blog you linked spent more time talking about other places like Chile after their earthquake. By all appearances, it was not an innocent question but a "safe" way of making a racial slur. I say "safe" because if people agree with you, you can feel good about that, and if they don't, you can pretend you meant nothing of the kind, and condemn the person or people who call you on it, so maybe no one will speak up next time. I have seen it here before, and I have seen it elsewhere, nothing new. Just stop pretending to be shocked or offended. You aren't.
Maybe you should just tell everyone how they feel and what they think Rusty...... :vomit
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

Rusty Hook

Post by Rusty Hook » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:19 pm

All of you 'patriots' do a good enough job of that on your own, along with copious amounts of crocodile tears whenever anyone points that out.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

deerfly

Post by deerfly » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:46 pm

SOBF wrote:
The same culture that makes it OK to loot also makes it's people poor.
succinct brilliance, may or may not be your original thoughts, but the timing was perfect like a 120' cast
More fucking racist !!!! I knew the Drake was not a fishing site ,but an Arian Nation site in disguise....fucking frauds
lol, yeah, not sure whether I stepped on a land mine or what myself. :bomb

To me that statement was not racist at all, although one could spin it that way easily enough. The point is when thievery, looting and what not are prevalent, if not rampant, the moral and social fabric is seriously diminished to the extent that it's harder for that same society to self correct and prosper as a whole. One can try to make it black thing, but its really not, it's the lack of a fundamental respect for your fellow man that is at the heart of the matter. I thought Plows comment compressed all that nicely into one sentence...
porcupines are normally peaceful creatures, but Dog saw fit to give them quills

deerfly

Post by deerfly » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Rusty Hook wrote:All of you 'patriots' do a good enough job of that on your own, along with copious amounts of crocodile tears whenever anyone points that out.
ftr, I'm perfectly OK with people disagreeing with me. It's when they fail to realize they're always wrong and I'm always right that things start to break down. :cool
porcupines are normally peaceful creatures, but Dog saw fit to give them quills

jdub

Post by jdub » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:16 pm

You want to know why the Japanese don't loot...read this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/16/world ... rkers.html

And those workers in Japan know EXACTLY what happened to their counterparts at Chernobyl.
"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown

http://utahstreamaccess.org/

Spudnik

Post by Spudnik » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:33 pm

Yah, they got radiation poisoning. US Navy is reporting elevated radiation 200 miles offshore. Why did they refuse help again, jdub?
"Do you think it is real? I bet it is hard and soft, like hard muscle but really smooth skin. I bet it is real nice." - midstream

stripstrike

Post by stripstrike » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:01 pm

It would seem that its all water under the irradiated bridge now. It is proper fucked now, not that it wasn't fucked for starters.

http://www.komonews.com/news/national/118003264.html

I don't think that SOBF's original question is intended to be racist, although it is very easy to interpret it that way. I think the question got the desired responses. Similar questions have been asked down here before. I think the question has been answered though, yes? What a fucking tragedy this is. Hitler. Thread over.
"No, I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world shits on everybody. Pretending it ain't shit makes you an idiot, not an optimist." Justin's dad

LTD

Post by LTD » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:19 am

Here's a question to ponder...

WHY do people (like Rusty) need to look for racial innuendo in everything that's written?
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

Plow

Post by Plow » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:53 am

peetso wrote:
Plow wrote: Fixed.

The same culture that makes it OK to loot also makes it's people poor.
Or is it . . the same culture that makes it's people poor makes it OK to loot?
Exact same either way IMHO.
It’s all about the values (culture) people hold near and dear that determine how they react in crisis. Race, nationality, being poor, etc have nothing to do with it. Hardworking, honest, respectful, caring (to name a few) make someone a good employee, boss or business owner and just about guarantee success in any country.
Rusty Hook wrote: Sure, neither one of you came right out and said that black people are natural thieves, but that was the implication.
Not accusing anyone of being a racist but I can’t imagine anyone but a racist coming to that conclusion.

Rusty, I saw plenty of white looters during Katrina but never once assumed all whites were looters. Ditto for the blacks and Hispanics. Its a modern world out there Rusty, you need to join it.
Better Reds than dead...

Rusty Hook

Post by Rusty Hook » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:08 am

Your version of the 'modern world' died out in the 1950s, not that it keeps you from trying to resurrect it by any means, fair or foul. Now how about an honest response to my last post, if you are capable of an honest response to anything.
-- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Plow

Post by Plow » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:46 am

Rusty Hook wrote:Your version of the 'modern world' died out in the 1950s, not that it keeps you from trying to resurrect it by any means, fair or foul. Now how about an honest response to my last post, if you are capable of an honest response to anything.
Pig shit you posted doesn't deserve a response. How about coming-up with something meaningful first?
Better Reds than dead...