User avatar
By blumpkin
#384158
What is this hidden blumpkin agenda gadfly?

Looks like you got to celebrate St. Patty's day more intensely than I did. :cool
By gadflyfisher
#384166
It seems to be that you hate the president since you link him with the threat of air strikes that as far as I know he has never suggested.
Perhaps you can link me to where he has called for airstrikes.


PS I never said it was a hidden agenda.

PPS I have to be at work in an hour. Why are you up at this ungodly hour? Time zone difference and it almost bedtime for you?
User avatar
By blumpkin
#384168
I rode a public transportation bus to vote for Obama.
Waited in line at the mall for 2 hours to vote.
I am not a hatefull person.
Clinton was "hinting" at air strikes all day.
Clinton works for Obama.
I work swing shift 3pm to 1:30am Mon thru Thurs.
I am in Pacific time zone.
I think Obama will be a one term president
I rate him as the 2nd worst president in my lifetime
George aWol Bush was the worst president in the history of the universe.
But Obama is dead set on stripping that title from him.
Could end up a tie...

Rock on...
User avatar
By BigCliff
#384220
m.b. wrote:
BigCliff wrote:Oh hey, your favorite socialist got a promotion in his sales organization today.

Happy birthday grump.
congratulations and thanks. now you'll have more money to voluntarily send to the government as you said you'd do the other day.
I did. They showed their gratitude by sending alot back. (love me some H&R Block)

I tried though.
:Roll Eyes
User avatar
By slavetotheflyrod
#384258
Lenny - Leadership is an abstract idea.

How about some specifics; what, specifically could the president do to instill a sense of leadership in you and others like you?

Besides, I thought he was leading the long march towards socialism - that's probably all the leadership the 24 hours in the day allow for.

He's only human, you know.
User avatar
By BaggerMcGuirk
#384310
http://thecable.foreignpolicy.com/posts ... _for_libya

"Several administration officials held a classified briefing for all senators on Thursday afternoon in the bowels of the Capitol building, leaving lawmakers convinced President Barack Obama is ready to attack Libya but wondering if it isn't too late to help the rebels there."

So, whats next?

UPDATE:
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/u-deploy-more- ... 3-877.html

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States will deploy additional amphibious ships to the Mediterranean, the military said on Friday, as part of the Obama administration's plans for responding to ongoing violence in Libya.

The USS Bataan Amphibious Ready Group will deploy on March 23 "ahead of its original schedule in order to relieve units from the USS Kearsarge (Amphibious Ready Group) currently positioned in the Mediterranean Sea," it said in a statement.

The arriving group includes the amphibious assault ship USS Bataan, based in Virginia, and other ships."

So, is this a threat to Momar? I would not put a single Marines ashore for the situation. I say pick up some Arabs from other nations and let them go fight it out.
By SOBF
#384324
Lenny - Leadership is an abstract idea.
Slave I disagree that leadership is abstract. It seems to me leadership is quantifiable and easy to validate. I'm sure you have been in a situation that is difficult and someone steps up and takes control and shows leadership. Yes ?
User avatar
By VTNZ
#384353
SOBF wrote:
Lenny - Leadership is an abstract idea.
Slave I disagree that leadership is abstract. It seems to me leadership is quantifiable and easy to validate. I'm sure you have been in a situation that is difficult and someone steps up and takes control and shows leadership. Yes ?
True- but none of us including Slave have to deal with: Congress; a rather uneducated populace on global issues; and the 24 hr news media; and, regardless what you think of them, the U.N.

- in making moves that qualify as leadership; and often then only in the eyes of the open-minded non-ideologue. :cool
User avatar
By Lenny
#384494
slavetotheflyrod wrote:Lenny - Leadership is an abstract idea.

How about some specifics; what, specifically could the president do to instill a sense of leadership in you and others like you?

Besides, I thought he was leading the long march towards socialism - that's probably all the leadership the 24 hours in the day allow for.

He's only human, you know.
Slave, One specific? Heres a simple one for me and "others like me" whatever that means. Mr. President, show us that you are proud to be the leader of this great country. Just once.
User avatar
By slavetotheflyrod
#384569
Lenny wrote:
slavetotheflyrod wrote:Lenny - Leadership is an abstract idea.

How about some specifics; what, specifically could the president do to instill a sense of leadership in you and others like you?

Besides, I thought he was leading the long march towards socialism - that's probably all the leadership the 24 hours in the day allow for.

He's only human, you know.
Slave, One specific? Heres a simple one for me and "others like me" whatever that means. Mr. President, show us that you are proud to be the leader of this great country. Just once.
And again, I'd counter that pride is an abstract idea as well. What specifically could the president do to demonstrate an appropriate level of pride? The little American flag lapel pins seem to be a popular expression of pride for some, though I find them completely tacky if their sole purpose is to convey pride in the nation.

I'll offer up this - I'd consider it an expression of leadership if the president were to roll up his sleeves and get his hands dirty while working along side gov't employees and contractors on an infrastructure project. Tells me he's not afraid to lead by example and do the real work of government. As for pride - I personally feel that for someone like Obama, Dubya, or any one of the last dozen or so presidents to take what essentially amounts to a major pay cut along with a huge increase in workload in order to serve the American people a major expression of pride in this country. Same goes for anyone that puts their life or career on hold to serve our country in any capacity.
User avatar
By canook
#384577
It's politically positive the Americans don't APPEAR to be leading the charge into Libya, given their current standing in the Arab world. It's better to appear to be in a supporting role, standing with the other European and Arab countries that are performing the UN-sanctioned enforcement of the no-fly ruling.
A Confession

confession: fuck canada. relates: don cherry. el[…]

Rust Belt 2019

was gonna be me 6th year. glad yinz got on 'em.[…]

Congrats LSU. I felt like they were the team to […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Denson's Hot Kate Muddler https://live.stat[…]

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine