By BigCliff
Basically, the typical consensus view about them is pretty completely wrong-

http://www.publicreligion.org/research/?id=509

MB, sorry if that caused an aneurysm.
By m.b.
consider the source. of course they're gonna put that kind of nonsense out there. if you knew anything about the catholic church, or got your information from anywhere other than msnbc and libtard blogs, you'd know the truth.
Last edited by m.b. on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By eponymous
This whole segment was not about letting us know where Catholics stand on issues. It was a nice set up used to bash Glen Beck and Sarah Palin. Why not just run the piece and leave it at that Lawrence.
By Plow
I’m born and raised Catholic (currently non-practicing) and not surprised by the numbers although I suspect they might be a bit high. I’m in tune with civil unions (not marriage – out of respect for folks that hold this sacred), adoption and that sexual orientation is pre-wired and can’t be changed. I was taught by the Church not to judge others, be you brother’s keeper (to a point), it’s my responsibility to help those in need as I am able, do good deeds and be humble about it and most importantly that dogs go to heaven. There were others but those are the ones I hold near and dear. I think most of my many Catholic friends would agree.

Now that abortion thing we’re not so OK with.
By canook
Plow wrote:I was taught by the Church not to judge others, be you brother’s keeper (to a point), it’s my responsibility to help those in need as I am able, do good deeds and be humble about it and most importantly that dogs go to heaven.
I thought the Catholic church's official stance is dogs don't have souls and therefore can't enter through the pearlies.
By Plow
canook wrote:
Plow wrote:I was taught by the Church not to judge others, be you brother’s keeper (to a point), it’s my responsibility to help those in need as I am able, do good deeds and be humble about it and most importantly that dogs go to heaven.
I thought the Catholic church's official stance is dogs don't have souls and therefore can't enter through the pearlies.
Damn few catholics put much weight in what the church says about such things. Assuming there was a heaven it wouldn't be much use to me without a pup or two.
Rusty Hook wrote:Even if dogs do have souls, they haven't been baptized. :coffee
You don't need to be baptized to go to heaven.

Happy fourth of July...

Earth has exceeded its load limit. Let the dumb d[…]

your wife does Yes... She told me about your […]

Luau 2020

Wish I could, but nay, I cannae. Hopefully next y[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine