By Rusty Hook
A little long, but worth the read:

America: You Keep Using That Word…
Proud American. Confederate flag.

I wanted to pull up next him and roll down the window and ask, So, Just to make sure I’m clear on this, you’re a proud patriotic American who loves the United States which is why you display the battle symbol of a long defunct political/military organization that directly and without equivocation attempted to destroy that self same country. Is that correct?

No, strike that. That’s wrong.

That’s really not what I wanted to ask him.

What I really wanted to ask is this: Proud American? Really? What is it exactly that you’re proud of? You say you love your country? You say you love the United States? Really? Which part? What is it that you love about it? Specifically, what exactly do you love about America?

Because, see, so far as I can tell, people like you seem to hate just about everything that makes the United States what it is.
By blumpkin
Typical liberal assumptions... that is all.
Seems like he is the guy that is full of hate.

Do you have any idea how much lithium they have to mine
to make batteries for the Toyota Prius?

Pretty much becomes a piece of hazardous material
once it reaches the end of it's useable lifespan.

I have been through the Toyota factory hybrid training courses
Honda and Ford also...
I know all their dirty little secrets.

With some modifications that Dodge Ram can run on used cooking oil
as is it can run on Bio Diesel...
By SOBF
That guy needs to fish.....a blowjob might help his attitude as well
By flybug.pa.
man o man Rusty, i hate some of that stuff that was posted, i mean like i agree with it,SOME of it.... does that make me a bad man? :coffee
By Muddled Duck
Lot of assumptions in the article, but it's not a bit surprising. My 10-year-old son asked this morning why all of his teachers thought the Civil War was strictly about slavery. Of course the Civil War and its causes isn't the only piece of history about which many of us lack any depth of knowledge.

The Confederacy didn't want to destroy the government of the United States. They wanted to leave that government and start one of their own, and the decision was considered by most Constitutional scholars of the time to be legal and right according to that document. They felt the government was overreaching the powers granted in The Constitution, and they seceded. Since the nation they formed was the Confederate States of America, it's perfectly reasonable for the man sporting the flag on his truck to be a proud "American."

By the way, as a proud southerner, the manner in which the Confederate battle flag is used by groups formed for the purpose of perpetuating modern hatreds which didn't exist at the time of the Civil War sickens me.
By BigCliff
blumpkin wrote: Do you have any idea how much lithium they have to mine
to make batteries for the Toyota Prius?

Pretty much becomes a piece of hazardous material
once it reaches the end of it's useable lifespan.

I have been through the Toyota factory hybrid training courses
Honda and Ford also...
I know all their dirty little secrets.

With some modifications that Dodge Ram can run on used cooking oil
as is it can run on Bio Diesel...
I know the eventual plan is to harvest the Li from old batteries and re-use it for new ones, but it sounds like that's still a ways off.

I know that Mr Diesel demonstrated his engine running on veg oil back before WWI. BioDiesel from Algae is likely to become more important than hybrid vehicles, especially if Hydrogen fuel cells become as important as they need to. Hybrid electric tech will probably never be ideal for big rigs.

In the interim, I'd love to have a diesel tacoma, but might have to settle for one of these ugly fkr's-

By Plow
Guy should be in police work if he can tell all that from a truck’s window treatment.

Glad to see hate filled stereotyping is alive and well. Petty flipping sad this passes for anything but the ramblings’ of a hate fill closed minded pin-head.

Rusty, I used to think you were more sophisticated than this.

Cliff, what is that ugly fkr's-?
By BigCliff
Plow wrote:Cliff, what is that ugly fkr's-?
A Mahindra pickup. Diesel compact truck from India to be sold here someday sorta soon. A friend already has the dealership deal set up.
By Lenny
SOBF wrote:
That guy needs to fish.....a blowjob might help his attitude as well
Im sure he's given plenty in his day.
By Salty
Muddled Duck wrote:Lot of assumptions in the article, but it's not a bit surprising. My 10-year-old son asked this morning why all of his teachers thought the Civil War was strictly about slavery. .

The Georgia Declaration of Secession: "For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slaveholding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery. They have endeavored to weaken our security, to disturb our domestic peace and tranquility, and persistently refused to comply with their express constitutional obligations to us in reference to that property, and by the use of their power in the Federal Government have striven to deprive us of an equal enjoyment of the common Territories of the Republic. This hostile policy of our confederates has been pursued with every circumstance of aggravation which could arouse the passions and excite the hatred of our people, and has placed the two sections of the Union for many years past in the condition of virtual civil war. Our people, still attached to the Union from habit and national traditions, and averse to change, hoped that time, reason, and argument would bring, if not redress, at least exemption from further insults, injuries, and dangers...Because by their declared principles and policy they have outlawed $3,000,000,000 of our property in the common territories of the Union; put it under the ban of the Republic in the States where it exists and out of the protection of Federal law everywhere; because they give sanctuary to thieves and incendiaries who assail it to the whole extent of their power, in spite of their most solemn obligations and covenants; because their avowed purpose is to subvert our society and subject us not only to the loss of our property but the destruction of ourselves, our wives, and our children, and the desolation of our homes, our altars, and our firesides. To avoid these evils we resume the powers which our fathers delegated to the Government of the United States, and henceforth will seek new safeguards for our liberty, equality, security, and tranquility.

The Mississippi Declaration of Secession: In the momentous step, which our State has taken of dissolving its connection with the government of which we so long formed a part, it is but just that we should declare the prominent reasons which have induced our course.

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery - the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product, which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.

That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove.

The hostility to this institution commenced before the adoption of the Constitution, and was manifested in the well-known Ordinance of 1787, in regard to the Northwestern Territory.

South Carolina Declaration of Secession: The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution. The States of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa, have enacted laws which either nullify the Acts of Congress or render useless any attempt to execute them. In many of these States the fugitive is discharged from service or labor claimed, and in none of them has the State Government complied with the stipulation made in the Constitution. The State of New Jersey, at an early day, passed a law in conformity with her constitutional obligation; but the current of anti-slavery feeling has led her more recently to enact laws which render inoperative the remedies provided by her own law and by the laws of Congress. In the State of New York even the right of transit for a slave has been denied by her tribunals; and the States of Ohio and Iowa have refused to surrender to justice fugitives charged with murder, and with inciting servile insurrection in the State of Virginia. Thus the constituted compact has been deliberately broken and disregarded by the non-slaveholding States, and the consequence follows that South Carolina is released from her obligation.

The Texas Declaration of Secession: Texas abandoned her separate national existence and consented to become one of the Confederated Union to promote her welfare, insure domestic tranquility and secure more substantially the blessings of peace and liberty to her people. She was received into the confederacy with her own constitution, under the guarantee of the federal constitution and the compact of annexation, that she should enjoy these blessings. She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery-- the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits-- a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time. Her institutions and geographical position established the strongest ties between her and other slave-holding States of the confederacy. Those ties have been strengthened by association. But what has been the course of the government of the United States, and of the people and authorities of the non-slave-holding States, since our connection with them?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You're right, not about slavery at all. I have no idea how people could think that the South seceding was over the issue of slavery, unless of course it is in the South's OWN FUCKING DOCUMENTS.

By the way, care to comment on your avatard's actions at FT Pillow? Or is a war crime another thing to gloss over in the Lost Cause?
The Confederacy didn't want to destroy the government of the United States. They wanted to leave that government and start one of their own.
Yes, they wanted to leave and construct an empire of slavery that encompassed the American South and Southwestern Territories,
the Caribbean Basin, Central America and parts of South America. The filibuster activity of the 1840s and 1850s was led exclusively by Southerners with the implicit or occasionally explicit endorsement of the government of the slave states in order to gain territory not subject to the Constitution so they could expand their slave holdings.
By Muddled Duck
Backed up at work, and can't comment on all, but I will regarding Nathan Bedford's Fort Pillow action. Look up Col. D.M. Wisdom. He was one of the primary witnesses of the event and happens to be my Greatx2 Grandfather. I have his memoirs recounting the event at home. Forrest was eventually cleared of those charges. The sad situation was brought about due to the white Union commanders refusal to surrender and suggestions to the untrained black garrison that they would all be killed should the fort be taken. Surrender was demanded and refused. The fort was overrun yet the fractured black troops continued trying to fight. The refusal to surrender to obviously superior forces combined with the lies to untrained and uneducated troops that they'd be killed regardless brought about the sad situation.

Hopefully I'll get ahead enough tomorrow to be more engaged on the rest of your post as I truly enjoy discussing this sort of thing. There's certainly reason for differing opinions from both sides, and to pin the war on any one thing is VERY simplistic at best.
Thumbing Through Some SBSs

a-ha... prematura ejactulatorie. my a-notta so goo[…]

A Confession

you know as well as I do it'll be a woman. most li[…]

Winter steelhead fly swap 2019

Bump FFS

whatcha tying?

Fokker...rooibaard

Subsribe to The Drake Magazine