By Upsetter
RFA wrote:I do think the real way to enact change/decrease the number of mass murders is to focus our energies on the mental health/background portion of gun control.
This much I agree with, but you shoulda stopped there. Its the only reform needed. If NICS failed to pic up nutjobs like the aurora kid, then fix the system in as unobtrusive a way as possible so the next aurora kid gets red flagged. Dont go banning shit that doesnt need banning, just cause you dont see the need.

If we treated other amendments and or freedoms/privileges we all enjoy like everyone proposes to treat the second, we'd be fucked on personal liberty.

Just think about all the fucked up shit that occurs in this country because we afford such strong privacy protections to peoples' homes. Hell, if govco was allowed to do regular inspections of everyone's home, or how about constant video/audio surveillance, its actually very likely ALL the mass murderers woulda been stopped long before they committed their heinous acts, not to mention all the other fucked up shit that govco could stop before it happens. It all happens cause we enjoy so much personal freedom and privacy within our homes. :coffee :bullshit

Point is, freedom aint free, period. Whether its tolerating hate speech/religions to enjoy a robust first, whether its tolerating kids getting raped and killed by pedophiles to enjoy a robust "penumbral" first amendment privacy right, whether its random nutjobs using a constitutionally protected tool for self-defense for a robust second, we punish these heinous acts by crushing the perpetrators, stripping them of their rights, not by stripping the rest of the populous of those rights. Period. End of story.
By BaggerMcGuirk
So, DHS has bought over 2700 of these things....http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/03/obama-dhs-purchases-2700-light-armored-tanks-to-go-with-their-1-6-billion-bullet-stockpile/

Why do they need MRAPS? Most police and sheriffs departments have SWAT teams, I guess they don't need them anymore.

And he does say the vehicle will stop a .50 cal round. Just in case the gun nuts who own them will use them against a tyrannical government? Never mind setting IEDS against these guys, they now have MRAPS.

I scratch my head and say why do they need them?

I have always been against the Patriot ACT. It needs to go away!

[quote]“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.” George Washington[/quote]

The citizens have the right to own equal firepower as the Fed. Gov.

Call me what you want, but history from around the world never lies.

No the sky is not falling it's just a meteor.

[quote]"Those who do not know their history are doomed to repeat it."

George Santayana[/quote]
By Muddled Duck
Upsetter wrote:
RFA wrote:I do think the real way to enact change/decrease the number of mass murders is to focus our energies on the mental health/background portion of gun control.
This much I agree with, but you shoulda stopped there. Its the only reform needed. If NICS failed to pic up nutjobs like the aurora kid, then fix the system in as unobtrusive a way as possible so the next aurora kid gets red flagged. Dont go banning shit that doesnt need banning, just cause you dont see the need.

If we treated other amendments and or freedoms/privileges we all enjoy like everyone proposes to treat the second, we'd be fucked on personal liberty.

Just think about all the fucked up shit that occurs in this country because we afford such strong privacy protections to peoples' homes. Hell, if govco was allowed to do regular inspections of everyone's home, or how about constant video/audio surveillance, its actually very likely ALL the mass murderers woulda been stopped long before they committed their heinous acts, not to mention all the other fucked up shit that govco could stop before it happens. It all happens cause we enjoy so much personal freedom and privacy within our homes. :coffee :bullshit

Point is, freedom aint free, period. Whether its tolerating hate speech/religions to enjoy a robust first, whether its tolerating kids getting raped and killed by pedophiles to enjoy a robust "penumbral" first amendment privacy right, whether its random nutjobs using a constitutionally protected tool for self-defense for a robust second, we punish these heinous acts by crushing the perpetrators, stripping them of their rights, not by stripping the rest of the populous of those rights. Period. End of story.
Amen. "Need" has nothing to do with it. Rosa Parks didn't "need" to sit on the front seat of that bus.
By Jon
Why anyone thinks they need a pump shotgun is beyond me.

Even mentioning those people in the same breath as traditional sportsmen who use a double barrel makes me twitchy.

Pump-gun owners are also prone to wear camo and that makes us all look bad.

Common sense gun laws will get guns off the street and make everyone safer. Just like common sense Prohibition made us a nation of teetotallers.
By LTD
Upsetter wrote:

Damn....I am speechless. I don't know what to say....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................other than I agree with Up on this.
By VTNZ
Well, I would only assert we are indeed fucked on personal liberty; we don't need to imagine it.

your cell phone is tracking you...always. So is google and assbook...

the patriot act fucked personal liberties up, down, in and out. Both parties "accept it" now.

Drones will be watching you soon, if they aren't already.

So, good points made....in snapshot of history; problem is that ship set sail around 2001/2002. Right or wrong, we're a different land now.

And I guess we'll be bombing each other with drones in no time...
By Rusty Hook
If restrictions don't work, why aren't these mass killings being done with fully automatic weapons and hand grenades? Could it be because they are too hard to get?

I don't recall anyone ever knocking on my door to see if I had any either. If you think that limiting a detachable magazine to 15 rounds or requiring background checks for all firearms purchases is going to lead to rampant crime and government tyranny, I suggest you turn off the TV and cut back on the caffeine.
By SIXGUNNER
Rusty Hook wrote:If restrictions don't work, why aren't these mass killings being done with fully automatic weapons and hand grenades? Could it be because they are too hard to get?

I don't recall anyone ever knocking on my door to see if I had any either. If you think that limiting a detachable magazine to 15 rounds or requiring background checks for all firearms purchases is going to lead to rampant crime and government tyranny, I suggest you turn off the TV and cut back on the caffeine.
No Obama already tried to pin that one on the American gun market being the source of all of the weapons in the Mexican drug cartel battles south of the boarder. Of course again full auto weapons and grenades are not that readily available here but he and Holder got away with that whole fast and furious scheme pretty unskathed. Assholes.

Gun control is not about controlling guns its about controlling people...
By LTD
One thing leads to another......first this, then that. Whats next? Will we takeaway trucks when some psycho decides to drive his thru a playground full of kids? After all...it would be the truck that killed them correct. Background and psych evals for all drivers?
One thing ...one , one thing leads to another......everyone please sing along.
By Hogleg
LTD wrote:One thing leads to another......first this, then that. Whats next? Will we takeaway trucks when some psycho decides to drive his thru a playground full of kids? After all...it would be the truck that killed them correct. Background and psych evals for all drivers?
One thing ...one , one thing leads to another......everyone please sing along.
Following the current governmental logic being used to drive gun control legislation in Colorado in an effort to "prevent further mass murders" I would guess that they would first ban children from playgrounds in that scenario.
By Muddled Duck
Rusty Hook wrote:If restrictions don't work, why aren't these mass killings being done with fully automatic weapons and hand grenades? Could it be because they are too hard to get?

I just assumed it was because they were too ignorant of firearms to determine the best tool for the job. Why the hell they don't choose an 870 and two pockets full of #4 buck is insight enough into their depth of knowledge.

He put the fucking my pillow guy up there to addre[…]

Be aware that Governor Bullock has directed travel[…]

https://youtu.be/OnII5AqDy2U https://youtu.be/pG1[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Grunter (synth wing) https://live.staticflic[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine