Page 11 of 17

Re: Obamacare

Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:32 am
by B.M. Barrelcooker
I saw him at the peanut festival in Dothan in 90 . Saw two shows and he was a great entertainer.

Not as funny as the crap on this thread but pretty good.

Re: Obamacare

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:37 pm
by jdub
http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/ ... z2pelXPZUu
WASHINGTON — Soaring healthcare spending — which helped pave the way for President Obama’s health law — continued to moderate in 2012, the fourth year of a historic slowdown in how much the nation pays for medical treatment, according to a new government report.

Overall spending on healthcare grew annually at less than 4% in 2012, less than half the rate of a decade ago, independent economists at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services concluded.

And for only the third time in the last 15 years, health spending rose more slowly than the overall economy. That meant that healthcare shrank from 17.3% of the U.S. economy in 2011 to 17.2% in 2012.
Well shit,it is actually doing what it is supposed to do? Who would have thunk...

Re: Obamacare

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:51 pm
by B.M. Barrelcooker
Yeah. I got my policy cancelation letter today.

Re: Obamacare

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:02 pm
by tailchaser
health care companies LOVE obama care. who woulda thunk it?

Re: Obamacare

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:01 pm
by Adams
tailchaser wrote:health care companies LOVE obama care. who woulda thunk it?
So Obama is a foreign, liberal, socialist, corporate welfare whore?

Re: Obamacare

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:08 pm
by B.M. Barrelcooker
[quote="Adams"][q

Re: Obamacare

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:38 pm
by tailchaser
Adams wrote:
tailchaser wrote:health care companies LOVE obama care. who woulda thunk it?
So Obama is a foreign, liberal, socialist, corporate welfare whore?
I guess if you say so... :coffee

Re: Obamacare

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:06 pm
by Plow
jdub wrote:
Well shit,it is actually doing what it is supposed to do? Who would have thunk...
Oh, good, my premiums are going down $2500.00.

We had a bunch of stories claiming premiums would be even less than expected which turned out to be BS. But it should go down a bunch this year 'cause more folks are uninsured and those that can afford obamacare can't afford to see a doctor and pay the deductible.

Re: Obamacare

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:10 pm
by Plow
Adams wrote:
tailchaser wrote:health care companies LOVE obama care. who woulda thunk it?
So Obama is a foreign, liberal, socialist, corporate welfare whore?
He sure the hell ain't a leader, thats for sure.

Re: Obamacare

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:31 pm
by BaggerMcGuirk
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:Yeah. I got my policy cancelation letter today.

So me and my employees get to go shopping.

We have provided coverage for a long time as a way to take care of and keep our people.

That's gone now.

Thanks .
And here I thought I had it figured out too.
My cancellation notice was in today's mail and I have until the end of April to get another policy.
Are all the insurance companies being this fucked?
I know that non-leader owebammie says he will bailout the insurance company's if need be.
SCFOAP! Oh he is so smart, our messiah blah blah blah.

Only good socialist is a dead socialist

Re: Obamacare

Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:52 pm
by BaggerMcGuirk
jdub wrote:http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/ ... z2pelXPZUu
WASHINGTON — Soaring healthcare spending — which helped pave the way for President Obama’s health law — continued to moderate in 2012, the fourth year of a historic slowdown in how much the nation pays for medical treatment, according to a new government report.

Overall spending on healthcare grew annually at less than 4% in 2012, less than half the rate of a decade ago, independent economists at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services concluded.

And for only the third time in the last 15 years, health spending rose more slowly than the overall economy. That meant that healthcare shrank from 17.3% of the U.S. economy in 2011 to 17.2% in 2012.
Well shit,it is actually doing what it is supposed to do? Who would have thunk...
Not so fast Mr. Tomato farmer.
Your boys and girls at NBC says it was the economy not owebammie care that slowed spending.
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-sp ... 2D11866979
How was your crop this past year?

Re: Obamacare

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:01 pm
by FatDrunk@Stupid
I don't post much, but I wanted to add to this one...

My wife and I are self-employed, run one business together, and we each have side businesses. Our premiums were $13,000/year (with 10-yr old daughter) with a $5,000 deductible last year. We didn't go to the Dr., because we couldn't afford the deductibles!

This deal comes out, and actually Kentucky has done a pretty good job with it. I signed us up for $10,000/year with a $500 deductible, and dental for my daughter. Not bad, at least I may go get stitches now, when I cut a 5" gash in my arm from my table saw...

I'm closing the deal with the rep on the phone, and he tells me we qualify for gov't assistance (we're blessed and do decent financially, but we work 80 hour weeks). The first thing out of my mouth was, "Dude, we're members of a country club! How the hell do we get assistance?!" He said our annual income qualified us.....

I told him that was scary as hell, and asked him who the hell was paying for all this?!?!? The answer - ALL OF US THAT WORK!

I'm open for any new ideas, but this thing looks to be heading down a dangerous slope, financially.