Obamacare

User avatar
BigCliff
Posts: 5925
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:59 am
Location: SanAntonyo

Re: Obamacare

Post by BigCliff » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:51 pm

Plow wrote:Pretty much rule one on liberals conservatives is everything is more complicated than liberals conservatives think.
Fixed.
David Brooks: Conservatives oversimplify the real world

"It's not so much that today's Republican politicians reject traditional, one-nation conservatism. They don't even know it exists...

Republicans repeat formulas – government support equals dependency – that make sense according to free-market ideology, but oversimplify the real world." http://www.ocregister.com/articles/cons ... nment.html
Now that we've addressed oversimplification, lets consider projection...
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Image

User avatar
cantfishforshit.
Posts: 2016
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Re: Obamacare

Post by cantfishforshit. » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:42 am

Plow wrote:
cantfishforshit. wrote:Around 11,000 according to the experts. Even if it were three times that it isn't going to cause numbers like that. Obamacare is a great hybrid of socialist and capitalist ideas on coverage and it hasn't had time to make an effect on anything. Again, the rest of the world is full of idiots that know nothing compared to us. Also again, we aren't doing it exactly like they do. There will be plenty of incentive for research.
Pretty much rule one on liberals is everything is more complicated than liberals think. Obamacare proves that point.

Are you saying we can keep our research if we like it? Just stop making predictions on obamacare, you've been nothing but wrong on them so far.

Now go plug in everything else I mentioned and see what you come up with. Remember rule on on liberals.

America isn't special in terms of how people die, Plow. As much as you would like to believe it. I would love to see your numbers plugged in and how you came to this conclusion. You seem to know exactly what you are talking about. What's your formula? It should be easy to prove since you seem to be so well schooled in the statistics of this. I listen to Rush a bit myself and have heard him make statements stating basically what you have. The problem is he's spouting off without proof or any real numbers. I bet you have them all calculated out and ready to go, right?
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

CBob
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:30 am

Re: Obamacare

Post by CBob » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:16 am

What was the original intent of Obamacare? I mean at the start? Not what it is now. Maybe if the US economy was robust it would work, but with the economy in the toilet it ain't gonna work. Here a lot of numbers about working people getting their insurance cancelled so again what was the purpose of the Affordable Health care reform?

User avatar
cantfishforshit.
Posts: 2016
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Re: Obamacare

Post by cantfishforshit. » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:15 pm

We have more than enough money to fund healthcare for everyone. Don't let Fox News dupe you.
Bush implemented medicare part D and I believe it was without including it in the budget. The government took over prescriptions for people and negotiated prices down by buying in bulk. The VA gets a huge deal on meds because they negotiated prices down...You know, the same thing Wal Mart does to lower it's prices? It will be the same with this insurance, if you guys give it time to get off the ground...Hell, the registry just started. You guys act like it's been going for years, when we all know that only the planning has.
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

User avatar
Plow
Posts: 5059
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Deep South Everywhere

Re: Obamacare

Post by Plow » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:45 pm

cantfishforshit. wrote:
Plow wrote:
cantfishforshit. wrote:Around 11,000 according to the experts. Even if it were three times that it isn't going to cause numbers like that. Obamacare is a great hybrid of socialist and capitalist ideas on coverage and it hasn't had time to make an effect on anything. Again, the rest of the world is full of idiots that know nothing compared to us. Also again, we aren't doing it exactly like they do. There will be plenty of incentive for research.
Pretty much rule one on liberals is everything is more complicated than liberals think. Obamacare proves that point.

Are you saying we can keep our research if we like it? Just stop making predictions on obamacare, you've been nothing but wrong on them so far.

Now go plug in everything else I mentioned and see what you come up with. Remember rule on on liberals.

America isn't special in terms of how people die, Plow. As much as you would like to believe it. I would love to see your numbers plugged in and how you came to this conclusion. You seem to know exactly what you are talking about. What's your formula? It should be easy to prove since you seem to be so well schooled in the statistics of this. I listen to Rush a bit myself and have heard him make statements stating basically what you have. The problem is he's spouting off without proof or any real numbers. I bet you have them all calculated out and ready to go, right?
Read and watch some real news and spend some time thinking about why you're wrong all the time. You posted up the Palin joke thinking it was real. Classic rule two or is that one?
Better Reds than dead...

User avatar
Plow
Posts: 5059
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Deep South Everywhere

Re: Obamacare

Post by Plow » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:51 pm

BigCliff wrote:
Plow wrote:Pretty much rule one on liberals conservatives is everything is more complicated than liberals conservatives think.
Fixed.
David Brooks: Conservatives oversimplify the real world

"It's not so much that today's Republican politicians reject traditional, one-nation conservatism. They don't even know it exists...

Republicans repeat formulas – government support equals dependency – that make sense according to free-market ideology, but oversimplify the real world." http://www.ocregister.com/articles/cons ... nment.html
Haha you googled republican and simple. You don't know it but I can see this is way to complicated for you.
Better Reds than dead...

User avatar
cantfishforshit.
Posts: 2016
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Re: Obamacare

Post by cantfishforshit. » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:06 am

You ignore facts and blame our life span on gang bangers and cheeseburgers. Real news doesn't involve a fox or a guy named Rush.
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

User avatar
Muddled Duck
Posts: 1562
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: Proud Pro-Negro Living in Mogadishu on the MS

Re: Obamacare

Post by Muddled Duck » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:11 am

Actually can't, he blamed it on the unhealthy lifestyle of a segment of our society. I know that in some regions of our country lifespan averages and test scores would go up and obesity rates down if a certain community were removed from the stats. That's a fact neither Fox nor the other news channels are willing to really talk about.
"Don Jacobo Crespin y McGillicuddy awoke at noon, feeling refreshed and languorous at the same time, one of the neatest tricks a man can perform."

“Which way General?” the aide asked. “Either,” Forrest growled. “If one road led to Hell and the other to Mexico, I would be indifferent which to take.”

User avatar
Upsetter
Posts: 2251
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:53 pm

Re: Obamacare

Post by Upsetter » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:52 pm

Muddled Duck wrote:...lifespan averages and test scores would go up and obesity rates down if a certain community were removed from the stats.
What iiiiisss the state of Mississippi, Alex? Damn! Where's double jeopardy when you need it?!?

User avatar
cantfishforshit.
Posts: 2016
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Re: Obamacare

Post by cantfishforshit. » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:26 pm

Upsetter wrote:
Muddled Duck wrote:...lifespan averages and test scores would go up and obesity rates down if a certain community were removed from the stats.
What iiiiisss the state of Mississippi, Alex? Damn! Where's double jeopardy when you need it?!?

Yeah, the very rednecks that are convinced that O-bama care is wrong because dey is big gubmit.
“I am a fisherman. The work is simple, as is my life. Still, I take pride in my work because on these waters, I may think, and reason not to."

-Hindu Fisherman

"Do you remember, Odin, when in bygone days we mixed our blood together? You said you would never drink ale unless it were brought to both of us?" -Njal

User avatar
Plow
Posts: 5059
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:01 am
Location: Deep South Everywhere

Re: Obamacare

Post by Plow » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:56 pm

cantfishforshit. wrote:
Upsetter wrote:
Muddled Duck wrote:...lifespan averages and test scores would go up and obesity rates down if a certain community were removed from the stats.
What iiiiisss the state of Mississippi, Alex? Damn! Where's double jeopardy when you need it?!?

Yeah, the very rednecks that are convinced that O-bama care is wrong because dey is big gubmit.
You really need to spend more time thinking and less time posting.

Here's something to think about. Those rednecks who think obamacare is wrong have been telling us for 3+ years exactly what was going to happen (that would be the train wreck). You've been singing obamacare's praises for as long. In the end the rednecks were right on the money and you were not even close.

Did you ever ask yourself why so many others saw it coming and you didn't? How'd they know?

Another thing to think about. If obamacare is going to get better as you say then why is the administration pushing so many deadlines back until after the elections?

Oh and how about big government's performance on that web site? Is that who you really want running your life?
Better Reds than dead...

User avatar
BigCliff
Posts: 5925
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:59 am
Location: SanAntonyo

Re: Obamacare

Post by BigCliff » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Plow wrote:Oh and how about big government's performance on that web site? Is that who you really want running your life?
Gold medal worthy jump to conclusions there bud.

Running your life? WTF?
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: befuddled and 168 guests