This fits...

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/201 ... ef=opinion
At the Conservative Political Action Conference this morning, Mr. Norquist, Gov. Rick Perry and Bernard Kerik (the former police commissioner of New York City) argued that the prison system is too expensive and that sentences for non-violent crimes are too long — points liberal activists have been making for years.

Mr. Perry explained, gracefully, that his administration worked with a Democratic Dallas judge to create drug courts, and that, on the question of prison reform, he was on the same side as the Obama administration.

“There aren’t many things that the president of the United States and his attorney general and I agree about. You know what I mean? But President Obama and Attorney General Holder both pointed to Texas and what we’re doing on the recidivism rate.”

Mr. Norquist took a different approach, framing the need for prison reform not as a rare point of agreement between liberals and conservatives, but as something Republicans must brand as a conservative issue.

The state of prisons, Mr. Norquist said, “is a big problem. It’s an expensive problem.” And it’s one that “only conservatives can fix.” He added, “Our friends on the left have zero credibility when it comes to reducing criminal activity and punishing people who deserve to be punished.”
jdub wrote:This fits...

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/201 ... ef=opinion
At the Conservative Political Action Conference this morning, Mr. Norquist, Gov. Rick Perry and Bernard Kerik (the former police commissioner of New York City) argued that the prison system is too expensive and that sentences for non-violent crimes are too long — points liberal activists have been making for years.

Mr. Perry explained, gracefully, that his administration worked with a Democratic Dallas judge to create drug courts, and that, on the question of prison reform, he was on the same side as the Obama administration.

“There aren’t many things that the president of the United States and his attorney general and I agree about. You know what I mean? But President Obama and Attorney General Holder both pointed to Texas and what we’re doing on the recidivism rate.”

Mr. Norquist took a different approach, framing the need for prison reform not as a rare point of agreement between liberals and conservatives, but as something Republicans must brand as a conservative issue.

The state of prisons, Mr. Norquist said, “is a big problem. It’s an expensive problem.” And it’s one that “only conservatives can fix.” He added, “Our friends on the left have zero credibility when it comes to reducing criminal activity and punishing people who deserve to be punished.”
Ah yes, but one snagged the label of clown and the other's a kingmaker, so we know who will win this debate.

New Zealand is doing a lot better than we are. If we stopped sending every friggin job to Mexico and Asia so that billionaires could make even more profit, it might not be so bad.
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:
cantfishforshit. wrote:Image

Funny I don't see the capitalist stronghold of England on that chart ?

I do spy the ultra utopian kiwi though....... That suprised me cause from what ive been hearing around here I thought they were better about spreading it around for everyone.
We went from about 8% to 22%. Looks like they went from 6% to 8%.

I'd call that a bit better.
We will just keep sending more and more jobs overseas while we watch wages steadily decline or stagnate here.
The days are receding ....

thanks for the thread and fam matters message been[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Squirmy worms are the hotness out here. Walk […]

Reads

Glad you're enjoying it Obie. I owe Tom a big th[…]

Brood X

damn i guess its been 17 yeqrs since i went back t[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine