Yea...fuck Vermont...we don't have any coal plants and smokestacks in the back drop whilst perch fishing....so I can see maturity of yer position. :coffee
Plow wrote:
cantfishforshit wrote:Personal debt is killing the economy.
Don't forget public debt.

Solution: Don't loan money to or elect deadbeats.

Before IBR repayment, my student loan payments were as high as my taxes, if not higher.
cantfishforshit wrote:
Plow wrote:
cantfishforshit wrote:Personal debt is killing the economy.
Don't forget public debt.

Solution: Don't loan money to or elect deadbeats.

Before IBR repayment, my student loan payments were as high as my taxes, if not higher.
Sucks to be you, loans can be a bitch.

When I left Austin my city and county taxes were higher than my house payment.
Yep...they can be, especially when you are insolvent but can't get rid of the debt.
By Jon
Plow wrote:Did a quick google on VT unemployment and found this: Vt.'s unemployment rate the envy of country
...(VT's) low unemployment rate is more of a reflection of the supply side of the labor market rather than the underlying demand for labor. It reflects our stagnant population and declining working age population, not stellar economic conditions.
Many areas of the country (like the Rustbelt) fit this description - so why no low unemployment there? I'm more inclined to agree with VTNZ's assessment that Vermonters tends to shun the quick-buck mentality that infects most of the rest of the US.

My point remains - if raising the minimum wage, high taxes, generous public assistance and the heavy hand of government regulation were really job killers VT would have much higher unemployment than it does.

PS - New Hamster does have better grouse hunting. Image
I love Maine and New Hampshire becsuse I know them . Vermont is exceptionally cool for all the reasons mentioned but dam this northern Cali thing is knockin my socks off . With all the independent outlaw farmers and free spirits and Jesus freaks and microbrewers and fishin and wide open country I think I could settle right here in the Lodi Modesto Stockton area and be right at home. Hell yesterday I could have been in Arkansas. California really does have it all.

And these mountains are boss if you can handle all the shakin.

Sorry Blump. I turned east before I made it to ferndale but I tried.

Got some hookups in nappa and Sonoma though if you ever get this way.
By Plow
Jon,

I don't know VT but also agree that VTNZ assessment is right on. Newhart is about all I know about VT and that rocks.

Can you seriously compare VT to IL or PA and other rust belt states? It's a unique state with an unique balance and good for them.

By Jon
I sure can compare VT to my former home - upstate NY. Similar in tax structure, gov't regulations, welfare, and "stagnant population and declining working age population" pretty much defines the entire state outside of NYC. There are differences of course, like HS dropout rates, teen pregnancy levels and numbers of incarcerated (thank you, Gov Rockefeller for the legacy of heavy prison sentences for simple possession) but if the Republican talking points about what causes unemployment were valid, the difference in UE rates should be far less.
The days are receding ....

thanks for the thread and fam matters message been[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Squirmy worms are the hotness out here. Walk […]

Reads

Glad you're enjoying it Obie. I owe Tom a big th[…]

Brood X

damn i guess its been 17 yeqrs since i went back t[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine