Plow wrote:
cantfishforshit wrote:Calm down...they want Crimea for the port. I doubt they have reasons to invade "everyone."
Let me save that for posterity.
Go ahead...even if the go further, it won't be beyond one country.
Guys: Can we at least start from a historical perspective Crimea always Russian: Only warm water port; Rear Admiral Jones Catherine II Russian-Turkish Black Sea war; charge of the Light Brigade Crimean War; post Stalin(Georgian), Nicki K the shoeman(Ukrainian) still the evil empire which would go on forever...give Crimea to Ukraine USSR...fast forward Putin that was a mistake; it was USSR then... now give it back to mother Russia. Look at geography build a bridge from Russia to Crimea never have to cross Ukraine land. Not much of a surprise
The White House today announced a tough new set of economic sanctions on Russia, in response for its actions in Ukraine. The Obama administration has had some trouble articulating its Russia policy, though, maybe in part because doing so would require acknowledging some truths that are a little too true. Here, then, is the speech that President Obama might give if he popped a couple of truth pills and addressed the nation tonight.
... After careful deliberation, I have determined that it is in the national security interests of the United States to bluff crippling sanctions that would only succeed with European support that I'll never get, in order to deter Putin from invading Ukraine again, even though his first invasion was a wild success for him that we will probably never overturn. Even if the European miraculously come through, ordinary Russians will suffer more than Putin ever would, and his authoritarian government will continue its crackdown in free speech and civil liberties basically unimpeded.

If our plan succeeds, Russia will still maintain control of Crimea, and Ukrainians will continue living under the same threat of Russia invasion that has haunted them for centuries, but at least we will have prevented Russia from annexing eastern Ukraine as well. If it fails, America will return to the sidelines of this conflict, which is probably what most Americans want.

Thank you. God bless you. And God bless the United States of America.
http://www.vox.com/2014/4/28/5661088/th ... e-brutally
Probably about right.
cantfishforshit wrote:Calm down...they want Crimea for the port. I doubt they have reasons to invade "everyone."
How many ports are there in the Ukraine?

This is going down even quicker than I anticipated.

Interesting times for sure.
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:

Putin will take what he wants, China too. The "free" world has gone ball-less and no one will stop 'em, should be great for the map bidness though.
Plow wrote:
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:

Putin will take what he wants, China too. The "free" world has gone ball-less and no one will stop 'em, should be great for the map bidness though.
So you're getting crazy pills from 4 diff't doctors now?

China is Russia's biggest oil customer by far, and fuels make up the majority of their total exports. Putin's not that dumb.

Plow, we might take you a bit more seriously if you didn't spout stuff that's so obviously complete bullshit.
BigCliff wrote:
Plow wrote:

China is Russia's biggest oil customer by far, and fuels make up the majority of their total exports. Putin's not that dumb.

Plow, we might take you a bit more seriously if you didn't spout stuff that's so obviously complete bullshit.
You're such a dumb ass. Did saying the "free" world has gone ball-less hit a little too close to Obama for your taste? Those defend Obama at all cost Knee-jerk reactions must also affect your reading.

I'll fix it for you.
Putin will take what he wants, China too. and China will take what it wants also. The "free" world has gone ball-less and no one will stop 'em, should be great for the map bidness though.
Plow wrote:
BigCliff wrote:
Plow wrote:

You're such a dumb ass. Did saying the "free" world has gone ball-less hit a little too close to Obama for your taste? Those defend Obama at all cost Knee-jerk reactions must also affect your reading.

I'll fix it for you.
Putin will take what he wants, China too. and China will take what it wants also. The "free" world has gone ball-less and no one will stop 'em, should be great for the map bidness though.
No, I clearly interpreted your attempt at a sentence to mean that you thought Russia would invade China as well.

China's been debating islands/seas off its coast for decades, those will be tricky. But I think they're going to be more reasonable as they're more concerned with commerce than chest puffing, and we're their largest customer by far.
Well sh!t, Panama...

BTW, don't hire boat boys. Surely, there must […]

Intro

I’d also like to put in a request that jos[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

Do you know where I live? Who I am? WTF is pumpe[…]

whatcha tying?

DDC59DB3-2C89-462E-916C-0BA91C6171A4.jpeg Fuc[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine