In some places we already do...and if they aren't now, they will be soon...
canook wrote:it's not hard to understand. It's simply wrong.

I'll re-phrase. maybe you can wrap your head around this.

as per your statement:

The simplest solution to the problem of fuel delivery in an internal combustion engine is a carburetor, ergo it is the best.

The simplest solution to the problem supplying a timed spark in an internal combustion engine is a points system, ergo it is the best.

I'm curious, Plow - what do you consider the best (simplest) solution to the problem of venting exhaust gasses out of an internal combustion engine?
Those are my statements? You're talking gibberish now. Do us all a favor and stay away from jobs requiring real thought.
Plow wrote: Those are my statements? You're talking gibberish now. Do us all a favor and stay away from jobs requiring real thought.
Those are conclusions drawn from this - your verbatim statement:

THE EASIEST SOLUTION TO ANY PROBLEM IS ALWAYS THE BEST

Now, instead of deflecting and insulting, why don't you answer my simple question re: exhausting an internal combustion engine. My prediction - it doesn't happen

Think carefully now and keep your blanket statement in mind....
Last edited by canook on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LTD wrote:
MTgrayling wrote:
VTNZ wrote: ....why not make it the LAW to vote? And the both parties can make sure EVERYONE votes. That gets the populace involved, potentially more informed, and makes America better for it. Aussie and NZ do it, and I'm sure other countries do to. It's patriotic after all....and give everyone the actual opportunity to vote w/o employer repurcussions on the big day. That,imho, is democracy at it's best. You live here, you should vote and have the ability to vote, regardless of locale, age, career, etc.
^^ yes.

A republican worst case scenario.
yeah...and maybe we can put cameras on every street and intersection to catch speeders traveling even one mile over the speed limit. Lol.............

You be years behind the times man, light years.
Plow,

He's using an engine to give examples of why your statement is incorrect. It's also incorrect in many other areas. The simplest solution is not always the best solution. It may generally be the best solution, but not always.
canook wrote:
Plow wrote: Those are my statements? You're talking gibberish now. Do us all a favor and stay away from jobs requiring real thought.
Those are conclusions drawn from this - your verbatim statement:

Now, instead of deflecting and insulting, why don't you answer my simple question re: exhausting an internal combustion engine. My prediction - it doesn't happen

Think carefully now and keep your blanket statement in mind....

Remember the daily driver example? Imagine this: Wife wants a new daily driver, something low maintenance, reliable, safe for hauling kids and affordable. She decides on a Toyota Camry.

Simplest/Easiest solution is to buy a Camry from a local dealership. Problem solved.

You could drive across state and to another dealer and pay the same price but that would not be simpler or easier.

Or you could try to sell her on the idea that the best solution for a daily driver is getting the simplest possible car (tell her you learned that on the internet). Ask her that "exhausting an internal combustion engine" question, maybe she'll know how it relates.

These are know as being pretty simple and basic. Your wife will learn to love it.
Simple.jpg
Simple.jpg (35.55 KiB) Viewed 621 times
The simplest and easiest solution can have many complex parts. Great engineering is using the simplest and easiest solution possible and not overcomplacting a solution.

We all done here?
Since you seem unable to understand that a computer-managed fuel injection system is a BETTER solution to deliver fuel than a carburetor, yes we're done.

Your original statement had NO qualifiers - not reliability, economical, safe - nothing. Just simple=best.

Remember to never buy one of them there over-engineered turbocharged vehicles, Jethro. So what if they produce more HP with smaller displacement and offer better fuel economy than normally-aspirated vehicles simply by utilizing the by-product exhaust gasses that every IC engine produces. Them's more complicated (complacted).

I have to wonder if you even realize you disproved your own statement by using the Gremlin example, since the gremlin is the simpler car and is obviously the best solution to your vehicular needs.

I somehow doubt it.
canook wrote:Since you seem unable to understand that a computer-managed fuel injection system is a BETTER solution to deliver fuel than a carburetor, yes we're done.
More pointless gibberish.
Your original statement had NO qualifiers - not reliability, economical, safe - nothing. Just simple=best.
I said daily driver, I though at the time you could grasp what those qualifiers might be. Realizing you couldn't I spelled them out in the last post.
Remember to never buy one of them there over-engineered turbocharged vehicles, Jethro. So what if they produce more HP with smaller displacement and offer better fuel economy than normally-aspirated vehicles simply by utilizing the by-product exhaust gasses that every IC engine produces. Them's more complicated (complacted).
Even more pointless gibberish.
I have to wonder if you even realize you disproved your own statement by using the Gremlin example, since the gremlin is the simpler car and is obviously the best solution to your vehicular needs.
So you're a Gremlin man now, I think it suites you.
Well sh!t, Panama...

BTW, don't hire boat boys. Surely, there must […]

Intro

I’d also like to put in a request that jos[…]

2021 Smalljaw Swap

Do you know where I live? Who I am? WTF is pumpe[…]

whatcha tying?

DDC59DB3-2C89-462E-916C-0BA91C6171A4.jpeg Fuc[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine