By canook
blumpkin wrote:Give it some time, someday the "Depleted Uranium" thread will be the best topic down here.
Either that or the "How could we have been so fucking stupid to allow fracking" thread.
By SLSS
canook wrote:
blumpkin wrote:Give it some time, someday the "Depleted Uranium" thread will be the best topic down here.
Either that or the "How could we have been so fucking stupid to allow fracking" thread.
Both of those.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
[quote="cantfishforshit"]Anything to cry about the left, eh Blummers? I think the few acres that are used for this won't hurt them much. I have experience with them from training about 10 times in the Mo Jav. They'll be ok. You should be more worried about Mitch or BM. Crazy bastards.[/quote]

Look here knuckle nuts my oil wells are in Texas and in traditional sand beds and do quite well without fracking thank you. I've got nothing to do with Nevada . And for the record I like turtles :

By Jon
blumpkin wrote:Anybody want to venture a guess as to how many members of Harry Reid's family are Lobbyists.
According to Legistorm there are 23 current US senators who have at least one family member who's a registered lobbyist (13 R, 10 D if anybody's counting) 48 members of the House too (24 from each party)

Reid has plenty of company, and hell yes it should be illegal.
By cantfishforshit
[quote="B.M. Barrelcooker"]

Look here knuckle nuts my oil wells are in Texas and in traditional sand beds and do quite well without fracking thank you. I've got nothing to do with Nevada . And for the record I like turtles :

[/quote]

I have it on good authority that you in fact do not like turtles. You lie. :coffee
By B.M. Barrelcooker
Wrong.. here is a study I helped fund because they were spraying phragmites in the next drainage over from Aintry.....Aintry was one of the control areas. it was very interesting and we found a rare species of turtle native to south louisiana and Mississippi right there in Aintry. that was pretty cool.

once again catfish shit you are wrong:

Effects of Common Reed Management on Reptile and Amphibian Populations in Clear Creek Wildlife
Management Area
AMY M. KRZTON-PRESSON¹, Graduate Student, Watershed Studies Institute, Department of Biological
Sciences, Murray State University, Murray, KY 42071, USA
HOWARD WHITEMAN, Professor, Watershed Studies Institute, Department of Biological Sciences,
Murray State University, Murray, KY 42071, USA
ABSTRACT The common reed (Phragmites australis) is invading fresh and salt water habitats across the
United States. Management of this plant often involves herbicides and its removal has the potential to
affect aquatic communities. This project examined the effects of the chemical treatment of Phragmites
on herpetofauna in Clear Creek Wildlife Management Area, KY by utilizing one experimental (treated
Phragmites) and two control areas (Phragmites control, non-Phragmites control). Turtles were trapped,
marked, and measured to gather data on diversity, demography, and movements between experimental
and control areas. Frog calls were recorded using automated recording devices to assess diversity and
density. Turtle diversity was significantly lower in the non-Phragmites control treatment than the
experimental treatment. The diversity in the Phragmites control site was not significantly different than
either of the other two treatments. Turtle body sizes were significantly smaller in both the experimental
and Phragmites control treatment as compared to the non-Phragmites control, perhaps because prey
species were more abundant in the absence of Phragmites. Recordings of frog songs are currently being
analyzed. This research will provide a better understanding of invasive plant management and its
effects on reptiles and amphibians as community members in aquatic ecosystems
By cantfishforshit
Clearly a lie. :coffee (Do you really own oil wells?)
By fatman
Late to the party.

Best part of this thread is that I got Blummer's address to send MOB sharp objects.
By fatman
firstamendmentarea.jpg
firstamendmentarea.jpg (44.18 KiB) Viewed 331 times
My opinion, this is the ONLY Rights of the protesters that were trampled on. But if I were in charge of the BLM Enforcement Agency, I might have done the same thing. Easier to keep an eye on a bunch of gun-totin' militia types in a "pen" rather than spread out over miles of highway.

By the time the ACLU gets to court, the incident is a memory, Agency head gets a slap on the wrist. Easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

It should be noted that the BLM Enforcement Agency backed off when the protesters pointed guns and refused to back down. Somebody learned from Janet Reno's mistakes. Ain't no life worth a fucking cow.

And it should be noted that these guys aren't the "jack-booted thugs" trying to "force" a land grab on a poor defenseless family. Bundy fired the first proverbial "shot" by telling the press that he owns guns and intended to use them to defend "his property".
By fatman
The euthanizing of tortoises did not take place on BLM ground; well, at least not "wild" tortoises, and not healthy animals.
There was a research facility that lost funding, and the tortoises that were too sick to survive were euthanized;
healthy tortoises were released.

The land that the former Bundy Ranch (his LEASE, in other words) is NOT being considered for a Solar Farm, that dubious
distinction goes to the Laughlin area (home of some of Blummer's more stellar dirtbag TR's). The land that the Bundy family has leased is being considered as a mitigation bank for the tortoises that would be harmed/displaced by the solar farm. Actually, that's a zero-sum game, as the land had been designated as an area of concern (for tortoises) since back in 1993. That's the whole reason Bundy refused to renew his lease (which are based on 10-year contracts) and suddenly decided that he didn't recognize the "existence" of the US government.

Harry Reid and his spawn are all crooks who began their stellar careers with the Nevada Gaming Commission. Harry Reid is
guilty of cronyism to the Nth degree. But none of this solar power stuff has anything to do with Cliven Bundy's being kicked off his lease.
Last edited by fatman on Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By fatman
Also, regarding those solar farms....

Any of you guys fans of "alternative" energy? Think that "Green" is the way to go?

Those pictures of acres of solar panels look pretty fuckin bleak and ugly, don't they? Think about how I feel about all of these damn windmill farms out on the prairie. And it's been proven that our native prairie chickens (and other "less valuable" wildlife) will avoid these areas as habitat...not because they get killed when they fly into a blade (happens very seldom) but just because they don't like living under/around the damn things.

The point here is this: the BLM was formed in 1946 to manage (close to 250million acres) public lands, for "multiple uses". They control over 700 million acres of MINERAL LEASES and oversee mining and other energy exploration practices on their lands. It would seem that solar farms might fall into that niche. So get ready for more of this stuff, not less. Also, the BLM, through their various leases, pours millions of dollars into the Federal coffers. That damn sure ain't gonna stop.

The (relative) paltry amount of money that Bundy owes the government doesn't bother me as much as the fact that he thinks he has more rights to that land than you or I. Like Blummers, I don't own much, but I take great pleasure from my time spent hunting and fishing on Public Lands.
The days are receding ....

thanks for the thread and fam matters message been[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Squirmy worms are the hotness out here. Walk […]

Reads

Glad you're enjoying it Obie. I owe Tom a big th[…]

Brood X

damn i guess its been 17 yeqrs since i went back t[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine