By blumpkin
[report][size=150]The karma train is coming...[/size]

[size=150]Choo... Choo...[/size][/report]
By blumpkin
Dude, watch the Democratic Senator nearly get killed, giving a press conference about train safety.

I'm not giving supreme authority of anything to these people.

I would not trust them to walk my dog.
By cantfishforshit
Who said anything about "supreme authority?" We elect officials. They are human and make mistakes, like standing too close to the rail line. Jesus your logic is fucked, Blummers. Bundy didn't want to pay his lease payment and he stirred up shit. That' what this all boils down to. As far as solar and wind farms, I don't mind the way they look and I would like to see studies on game bird avoidance. Even if it's true, we need alternative energy sources beyond what we can pump out of the ground and we need to start building them now, not 10 or 20 years from now.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
I'm a big believer in everyone paying what they owe the govt.

I don't like how much they take but that is the way it is .

If they come after everyone that owes back taxes , unpaid fines , college loans , parking tickets etc etc then we will run out of armed agents quickly.
Shame on bundy for not paying. Shame on everyone else that owes too.
By Jon
I wonder, since Bundy doesn't recognize the federal gov't's legitimacy - if my truck ran over one of his calves would he refuse to accept US currency as payment for the loss of his property?

Not that I endorse running down baby cows or anything, though I do have an inexplicable craving for some veal today.
By Plow
SLSS wrote:
canook wrote:
blumpkin wrote:Give it some time, someday the "Depleted Uranium" thread will be the best topic down here.
Either that or the "How could we have been so fucking stupid to allow fracking" thread.
Both of those.
Heard last night that fracking has done more to reduce green house gasses (global warming) than all the solar and wind sites combined.

Pretty sure thats what I heard...
By Plow
Jon wrote:I wonder, since Bundy doesn't recognize the federal gov't's legitimacy - if my truck ran over one of his calves would he refuse to accept US currency as payment for the loss of his property?

Not that I endorse running down baby cows or anything, though I do have an inexplicable craving for some veal today.
I always love it when it gets to this point.
Last edited by Plow on Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By fatman
cantfishforshit wrote: As far as solar and wind farms, I don't mind the way they look
that's because you don't have to look at the fuckin' things all the time. When there's a new scar on a landscape
that you grew up with, it ain't so sweet. But you're right, it's gonna happen, to provide power that we seem to
desperately need to an alarming degree.

This article says a lot of how I feel (Jon as well, I reckon):

http://www.eatmorebrooktrout.com/2014/04/my-land.html
By canook
fatman wrote:
cantfishforshit wrote: As far as solar and wind farms, I don't mind the way they look
that's because you don't have to look at the fuckin' things all the time. When there's a new scar on a landscape
that you grew up with, it ain't so sweet. But you're right, it's gonna happen, to provide power that we seem to
It could be worse...

By fatman
canook wrote:
fatman wrote:
It could be worse...

my deepest sympathies
By cantfishforshit
We are either going to implement a policy that moves us forward into renewable energy and off of the OPEC teat or we are going to wake up one day and find ourselves out of oil and with few alternatives, relative to how much oil we are using. Let's get the ball rolling now and move forward.
The days are receding ....

thanks for the thread and fam matters message been[…]

Friday Cheer Through Pics

Squirmy worms are the hotness out here. Walk […]

Reads

Glad you're enjoying it Obie. I owe Tom a big th[…]

Brood X

damn i guess its been 17 yeqrs since i went back t[…]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine