By blumpkin
Long range thinking, I will mount Detroit built photovoltaic solar panels on the diamond plate to power my 36 volt Minn kota trolling motor set up. The solar panels will also act as a partial Bimini top / poling platform.
By flybug.pa.
what does all this have to do with fishing?
By Spudnik
cantfishforshit wrote:Fatman, what is your opinion on wind and solar vs fossil fuels in terms of ecological costs? What about in terms of health issues? What about in terms of national economic security? Thanks in advance.
Cantfish, please answer these questions...Do you drive a hybrid? How many solar panels do you have installed on your roof?
By Cary
so at least I got an overnite float in. this river startles BLM and USFS land. I camped in a BLM campsite. I saw a blue wing olive and a brown trout. oh and a rainbow trout. saw clarks nutcrackers, blue herons, two osprey and a bald eagle. I heard a few canyon wrens.

today I bought a bird guidebook. Does that mean I'm gay?
By SLSS
Cary wrote: today I bought a bird guidebook. Does that mean I'm gay?
That thread's in the basement, not down here in the sub-basement.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
solar panels.....did you see any solar panels?

By cantfishforshit
Spudnik wrote:
Cantfish, please answer these questions...Do you drive a hybrid? How many solar panels do you have installed on your roof?

There weren't any hybrids that I could afford when I bought my car. I wanted one, but they are too expensive right now. I know what you are implying; "hypocrite." Not really. I'm not saying we should all run out and buy hybrids and electrics right away. I am saying that we should start implementing some of these things now, so that by the time we need everyone using them, most will be driving them. We can subsidize hybrid and electric purchases. Give incentives for businesses to have recharging stations etc. The more of these vehicles that are built, the less expensive they will become, until even an average guy like myself can afford them. I rent. I have no choice as to who puts solar panels on their apartments. None where I live do so. That's another good example of offering incentives and have some requirements, so that we start moving that way over the next decade or so. Hopefully my next car will be a used hybrid, or possibly new, but I doubt I have the money for that.
By cantfishforshit
blumpkin wrote:
fatman wrote:
cantfishforshit wrote:
And who gets to decide what gets protection and what gets sacrificed?
Harry Reid.

I saw a report today that said Reid owns land around this area? Yeah, if so, he's a dick. I don't support assholes from either side.
By cantfishforshit
Cary wrote: today I bought a bird guidebook. Does that mean I'm gay?
Yes, but we don't judge your gheyness. Besides, Raffa likes penises.
By Cary
I also drive a Prius and my dog is a golden doodle.

My wife understands these needs, so I think I'm ok.
By blumpkin
If a Polaris Razor got drunk and had sex with a Tesla roadster.
I would want the offspring.

Prius is a great rig Cary.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
I bought a used hybrid Camry for 12 k.
Had 85k miles on it. Pit 3k more miles on it and it needed new batteries.

No big deal ........7600 for the new battery kit.

I traded it in for 13500 toward a good used explorer.

All is well.
Rock curry

That could be our final destination on the Tour […]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Yellow Owl Muddler https://live.staticflickr[…]

whatcha tying?

The cat loved this one the best.... 3F05A097-7496-[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

July 9, 2020 #29 $101/6 = $16.83 Gas $2.09 […]

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine