By cantfishforshit
This lady kind of cleared up the Bundy perspective for me. I think she has a great point about using leans and the courts to handle this. I remember that my cousin got behind on her student loans back in the 90's and they sent the FBI to her mothers house to talk to her...pissed me off, but nothing we could do. They have the badge. I do think that they have the right to confiscate the cows, but not to kill them.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/04/19/bundy ... edirect=no
By fatman
cantfishforshit wrote:Birds "avoiding" an area isn't the same as completely destroying an eco system
Never seen a Great Plains wind farm, have you? I can drive along US Hwy 50 or US Hwy 160 in southern KS, and have wind generators on the southern horizon for over an hour (and I drive pretty fast) That's tens of thousands of acres being "avoided". Shrinking habitat = shrinking populations in the last stronghold of undisturbed prairie in the world.

I know what you're saying about finding alternative sources. But they all have ecological costs.
By cantfishforshit
Fatman, what is your opinion on wind and solar vs fossil fuels in terms of ecological costs? What about in terms of health issues? What about in terms of national economic security? Thanks in advance.
By fatman
I think the problem is that we "require" too much energy, and that we will ultimately produce enough to meet demand, by whatever means necessary.

There's too many fucking humans on this blue ball.

That's the problem and I don't know that there's a real solution.

Weren't we talking about a deadbeat rancher?
By blumpkin
Spoiler alert: Kevin will not be doing the research on the "Mexico Returns" type book about Cantfish.

I have heard Marvel Comics is eyeing up a blumpkin trilogy.
By cantfishforshit
fatman wrote:I think the problem is that we "require" too much energy, and that we will ultimately produce enough to meet demand, by whatever means necessary.

There's too many fucking humans on this blue ball.

That's the problem and I don't know that there's a real solution.

Weren't we talking about a deadbeat rancher?

Do you have any idea how much energy from the sun hits the earth each day? It's an incredible amount. I think you have a point about cutting back though.
By fatman
blumpkin wrote:I have heard Marvel Comics is eyeing up a blumpkin trilogy.
my sons tell me these are now called "Graphic Novels"

Jury is still out on how "graphic" the Adventures of Blumpkin might be :wink
By fatman
cantfishforshit wrote: Do you have any idea how much energy from the sun hits the earth each day? It's an incredible amount.
I get your point.

But there's always a Desert Tortoise...or a Prairie Chicken...or a Spotted Owl....or a Salmon...that someone thinks deserves protection. And who gets to decide what gets protection and what gets sacrificed?
By blumpkin
fatman wrote:
cantfishforshit wrote:
And who gets to decide what gets protection and what gets sacrificed?
Harry Reid.
By blumpkin
Every time I get stuck in a rut in the politics session, I sell whatever part of my soul I have to, and go on a kick ass fishing trip.

So I can get out of the rut and produce content, it's just what I do. This week was rough, I don't know all the good Montana spots during the pre runoff stuff we have. Right now Missoula seems like the place to be. But money is tight and I don't like to drive to far when I can't buy my way out of car trouble. Today would have been a good day to fish but I worked hard all day putting a super stealthy flooring system in an aluminum drift boat. I couldn't afford diamond plate, but I think my set up is just as light and dampens sound really well. Plus I still have a 24" X 24" area in the stern that I am going to put a square of .125 aluminum diamond plate on, for coolers. Now I have to clean up a 4 horse Evinrude, I have to fix the rope start, which I am dreading. Eventually when I get some cash, I am going to run a 36 volt Minn Kota Trolling motor set up with 2 marine batteries stowed in the bow. The power heads on Minn Kotas are easy to reverse so the boat will just hang in the current. I would just run the boat upstream stern first and then drop down and hover on spots. You can run that shit all day,

I will anchor it in the current at the river mouth tomorrow morning to see if I accidentally drilled a sheet metal screw through the hull. Should be some Lakers, Bulls and Native Cutts there...

Happy Easter.
Last edited by blumpkin on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By blumpkin
BM do me a solid and ship me a 24"x 24" square of .125 Aluminum Diamond Plate.
Much like the FBI, you can find my shipping Addy where that bastard jdub quoted it.

I gave my brothers church a donation or I would buy my own damn diamond plate.
Strewth... Gotta keep my bases covered.
Last edited by blumpkin on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By blumpkin
I will get a dead cow laser etched on to the diamond plate.

Or a stressed out tortoise.

I have connections at the community college... And a 4.0 grade average.
Unlimited "New Music Friday"

https://youtu.be/PUk8F3koTuI Start at 50:30

Uh oh, next you’ll be going full Tenkara[…]

Pour a sip

Large sip of Slimfast poured.

https://youtu.be/Efeb6Cg_rkY

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine