Cliven Bundy

Adams

Re: Cliven Bundy

Post by Adams » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:36 am

Plow wrote:
Now, not having to take money from my family to pay for others health care premiums is a "freedom" I've lost. Pays to be a loser now.
Like all those red state residents living off the government tit? Most red states receive more from the Feds than they pay in. Sound fiscal policy or are they losers stealing from us hard-working folks?
If you need a reason to drink, you have a problem. . .

"I just think it's funny that the one constant in this place over the past five years is that it was a cool place right up until the next person joined." nemo

When life gives you limes, it's Gods way of telling you that you're an idiot. spudnik

jdub

Post by jdub » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:26 am

Adams wrote:
Plow wrote:
Now, not having to take money from my family to pay for others health care premiums is a "freedom" I've lost. Pays to be a loser now.
Like all those red state residents living off the government tit? Most red states receive more from the Feds than they pay in. Sound fiscal policy or are they losers stealing from us hard-working folks?
Shit, if Mississppi had to live off of its own income without help from outside, they would have the economy and lifestyle of Bolivia.

State Federal Spending per Dollar of Federal Taxes
New Mexico $2.03
Mississippi $2.02
Alaska $1.84
Louisiana $1.78
West Virginia $1.76
North Dakota $1.68
Alabama $1.66
South Dakota $1.53

Alaska is lucky to have two sugar daddies they can shake down...the Feds and Shell Oil.
"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown

http://utahstreamaccess.org/

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:40 am

jdub wrote:
Adams wrote:
Plow wrote:
Shit, if Mississppi had to live off of its own income without help from outside, they would have the economy and lifestyle of Bolivia.

State Federal Spending per Dollar of Federal Taxes
New Mexico $2.03
Mississippi $2.02
Alaska $1.84
Louisiana $1.78
West Virginia $1.76
North Dakota $1.68
Alabama $1.66
South Dakota $1.53

Alaska is lucky to have two sugar daddies they can shake down...the Feds and Shell Oil.
That is pretty fascinating. I'd like to research that more. I bet if you got deeper into the list you could make a good argument for letting the Whole South go on like they wanted to earlier. Plus a few others.
more details would be interesting.

Back to the subject at hand.... I hate to see the Feds "crush" anyone.......left ,right , or looney. Regimes that whip or intimidate the dissenters into shape are a little on the scary side.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

slavetotheflyrod

Post by slavetotheflyrod » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:05 am

B.M. Barrelcooker wrote: Back to the subject at hand.... I hate to see the Feds "crush" anyone.......left ,right , or looney. Regimes that whip or intimidate the dissenters into shape are a little on the scary side.
Well said, but the choice as to weather this ends peacefully or with a "crushing" of sorts, rests with Mr Bundy. He could after all do the right and responsible thing and pay up what he damn well owes and this whole thing becomes a fading memory. But he won't, because he's a fucking nutter, and he's got a whole host of nutters surrounding him which help to bolster his bullshit ideology. Peaceful demonstration and dissent should draw no ire from the Feds, but when your demonstration and dissent involves the armed intimidation of your opposition it ceases being demonstration and dissent and becomes armed insurrection. Forget Muslims, how about a bunch of the most American of Americans - Native Americans took up arms for a cause in the manner Mr Bundy and his pals have? What would that get labeled? Would they be labeled "patriots" by the press?

Bundy would be in the clear if only he were too big to fail.
Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. - Outcast

Asking me for an avatar is like walking up to the biggest queen in the jailhouse showers and dropping the soap. - RFA

FormerlyChaseChrome

Post by FormerlyChaseChrome » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:29 am

Plow wrote:freedom demands it.
Driveby...

I'll give you an opportunity to rethink this philosophical gem...

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:30 am

slavetotheflyrod wrote:
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote: Back to the subject at hand.... I hate to see the Feds "crush" anyone.......left ,right , or looney. Regimes that whip or intimidate the dissenters into shape are a little on the scary side.
Well said, but the choice as to weather this ends peacefully or with a "crushing" of sorts, rests with Mr Bundy. He could after all do the right and responsible thing and pay up what he damn well owes and this whole thing becomes a fading memory. But he won't, because he's a fucking nutter, and he's got a whole host of nutters surrounding him which help to bolster his bullshit ideology. Peaceful demonstration and dissent should draw no ire from the Feds, but when your demonstration and dissent involves the armed intimidation of your opposition it ceases being demonstration and dissent and becomes armed insurrection. Forget Muslims, how about a bunch of the most American of Americans - Native Americans took up arms for a cause in the manner Mr Bundy and his pals have? What would that get labeled? Would they be labeled "patriots" by the press?

Bundy would be in the clear if only he were too big to fail.
I can dig that. He definitely has nutbag tendencies.

My mothers people got "forcibly removed " from the small farming community that had been family land since they migrated west after their indentured servitude in Virginia in order to create some "federal land" . It is a scar that still burns deep among the older uncles and cousins.
For you history buffs:

http://www.imnothere.org/ConceptZero/lblhistory.html
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

jdub

Post by jdub » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:58 am

slavetotheflyrod wrote: Forget Muslims, how about a bunch of the most American of Americans - Native Americans took up arms for a cause in the manner Mr Bundy and his pals have? What would that get labeled?
That reminded me of this.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wounded_Knee_incident

If Fox news existed at that time, do you think they would have been in the Means camp? I'd give that a 1% chance.
"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown

http://utahstreamaccess.org/

BigCliff

Post by BigCliff » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:15 pm

jdub wrote:State Federal Spending per Dollar of Federal Taxes
North Dakota $1.68...
Sure seems like their oil rev's oughta be paying in more than their share by now.
Buy better hooks and bourbon.

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:43 pm

I know this is a bit late, and this may have already been responded to, but this...
Without any formal transfer of title a lien is basically useless.
...isn't correct. As a valid lienholder against real property, anyone can move to foreclose on the property at any time. There are a bunch of steps you have to take, opportunities given to repay on the debt owed, but eventually any lienholder can foreclose. I have done it more than once as a HOA owed thousands in back fees. Im usually like the third position lienholder, or worse, so I may not recover much if anything, but for us, we want the delinquent non paying owner out and a paying owner in for our books. Nobody can get financing for a sale or refi if there are too many long term delinquencies on a condo association's books.

canook

Post by canook » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:13 pm

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:41 pm

1. I am not Bagger, love him like a brother, but we are not the same.

2. There is no conspiracy, I lived and worked in the area for the SNWA in conjunction with the BLM.
I am completely aware of what they are trying to do, and at times have been complicit with it through my former employer.

If you study Bright Scource Energys website, they pretty much spell it out for you.

Bottom line, they quadron off areas of public land as SEZ's, than they can sell off quarter shares of that formerly public land to foreign investors.

It is a scam, and the Solar Farms are unsustainable. Wait till consumers in Cali get their electric bills this summer.

While they are reading their bills, the Californians will be breathing particulate matter that comes from the Montana coal, that got burned to build 1.1 million mirrors in China for the Ivanpah project alone.

You cannot polish a turd, I have tried.
Last edited by blumpkin on Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

cantfishforshit
Location: Whever I happen to be at the moment, unless I am drunk.

Post by cantfishforshit » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:46 pm

Ah...the free market at work. We don't need no stinkin' public lands, or river and stream access for that matter. Let the dollar decide.
Better be putting together one hell of a plan to survive this clusterfuck.
-Blumpkin

If it isn't listed on the commodities market, it gets plowed under in favour of something that is. There's no money in willows or young poplar or native grasses.
-Peetso

Roses are red. Bacon is red. Poetry is hard. Bacon
-Unknown