Cliven Bundy

gadflyfisher

Re: Cliven Bundy

Post by gadflyfisher » Tue May 13, 2014 3:20 pm

LTD wrote:
gadflyfisher wrote:When they start aiming scoped weapons at gov authorities from hiding places you can call me out personally as a hypocrite if I don't call them assholes.

But then this will never happen.
Doing everything you can do thru the legal system and threatening law enforcement are not the same thing, if you didn't know that before.
gad......I agree with you that the legal system needs to be utilized to the fullest. That said....until pointing a rifle/gun at a government employee (without the intent to rob or otherwise take something from that person)....or anyone for that matter is against the law, your objection to that action has no weight/merit in this argument. Dog help us if and when we start creating such laws......
Don't remember ever saying there was a specific law against it LTD.
I said cowards that did it are assholes.

It would also be reasonable for LE to respond by thinking their lives were in danger and using deadly force in said situation.
Fuck they have killed people for trying to show them their ID when confronted entering their own homes and had it found to be legal.

Do I think that was right?
Fuck no but it seems there is no specific law against it since theyand are not in jail still have their jobs.

jdub

Post by jdub » Tue May 13, 2014 4:10 pm

slavetotheflyrod wrote: nor are these fat fuck ATV shitheads whom I so fucking completely loathe.
Speaking of which...
Screen shot 2014-05-13 at 3.05.58 PM.png
Screen shot 2014-05-13 at 3.05.58 PM.png (720.44 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
Screen shot 2014-05-13 at 3.05.19 PM.png
Screen shot 2014-05-13 at 3.05.19 PM.png (37.02 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
Screen shot 2014-05-13 at 3.05.45 PM.png
Screen shot 2014-05-13 at 3.05.45 PM.png (54.46 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
Screen shot 2014-05-13 at 3.05.34 PM.png
Screen shot 2014-05-13 at 3.05.34 PM.png (32.63 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home." Roderick Haig-Brown

http://utahstreamaccess.org/

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Tue May 13, 2014 5:07 pm

Oh...forgot about this one....
LTD wrote:slave......I have yet to find the law that specifically says " pointing a gun at someone is a felony" .
http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/a ... eapon.html
In an assault with a deadly weapon case, the victim doesn’t need to by physically harmed by the deadly weapon. Instead, the victim only needs to experience an “apprehension of imminent harm” in order for an assault to occur. It’s enough if the defendant purposely frightened the victim into thinking that they’d be harmed by the weapon.

An example of this is where the defendant points a gun at the plaintiff in a menacing manner, making the plaintiff fear that they will be shot. Battery is the name for the crime if the victim is physically contacted.
When looking at "assaults", the victim defines the crime by their reaction to your actions. You may have known in your own head that you had no intent to shoot unless shot at, but if the victim pressing charges for assault felt "apprehension of imminent harm", youre gonna have a legal tussle on your hands, esp if the da is sympathetic to the victim's take on how things went down.

LTD

Post by LTD » Tue May 13, 2014 5:29 pm

Upsetter wrote:Oh...forgot about this one....
LTD wrote:slave......I have yet to find the law that specifically says " pointing a gun at someone is a felony" .
http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/a ... eapon.html
In an assault with a deadly weapon case, the victim doesn’t need to by physically harmed by the deadly weapon. Instead, the victim only needs to experience an “apprehension of imminent harm” in order for an assault to occur. It’s enough if the defendant purposely frightened the victim into thinking that they’d be harmed by the weapon.

An example of this is where the defendant points a gun at the plaintiff in a menacing manner, making the plaintiff fear that they will be shot. Battery is the name for the crime if the victim is physically contacted.
When looking at "assaults", the victim defines the crime by their reaction to your actions. You may have known in your own head that you had no intent to shoot unless shot at, but if the victim pressing charges for assault felt "apprehension of imminent harm", youre gonna have a legal tussle on your hands, esp if the da is sympathetic to the victim's take on how things went down.
so technically what happened at the Bundy fiasco wouldn't be grounds for prosecution. Correct? I would imagine all those pointing guns would be in jail on charges.
"At some point reasonable people have to accept certain changes our presence has brought about, learn to not make similar mistakes in the future and appreciate and enjoy what we have while lamenting what we've lost"~~~~~ Muddled Duck

http://www.keywesttarponguides.com

Fish every fish like it's your last!!!

Upsetter

Post by Upsetter » Tue May 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Who knows what kind of hogshit the JBT's are going to throw at the wall in this instance. If they cant make a charge stick, at least theyve bled the poor bastard for legal fees in defending himself. Its that kind of shit that makes my blood boil. They get it in their mind that you are to be run up the flag pole, they will do just that, with prejudice. And that goes for far more than just the feds.

slavetotheflyrod

Post by slavetotheflyrod » Tue May 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Upsetter wrote:
slavetotheflyrod wrote:The only way to put a stop to this is to end the war on drugs, and repeal a whole host of laws such as civil forefiture. The lucrative drug war is what funds all these neat toys for the cops who feel like it's their job to then go out and use those toys weather or not they're needed. The drug war and it's proceeds are also the root cause of a large percentage of official corruption.
x2! I just get excited anytime I see folks standing up to that bullshit. We all would be cheering if the fact set was....
slavetotheflyrod wrote:....one of the thousands of innocent people killed in no-knock SWAT raids.
Instead, were divided cause the fact set is Bundy and dipshit atv'ers. Im to the point where I could almost care less who it is who stands up, just so long as folks start to. The only way we are going to change the law is to shock the vested interests in DC and our state capitols into capitulating. They will not give up control easily. Just look at the fight against unconstitutional gun laws in your own state. Even after seeing their cohorts get recalled, the control freaks persist. :coffee

See, now I have a problem with this here. If and when the time comes to bring the fight to the oppressors, the cause must be just or the cause will be lost, it's that simple.

Just the same, at this point I think it would be reckless to say the least to get into an armed conflict with the gov't this day and age. Sure, you might hold your own in a spur of the moment exchange, but when the cavalry arrives, and rest assured they will, you're fucked. They've got MRAP's and all sorts of other cool toys, you don't. The county just south of me just purchased a pair of 240 bravo's for their sheriff's dept. This all goes back to what I said about first de-funding this little shopping spree the cops seem to always be having. Gotta pick the right tool for the job - In this case it's going to be some highly skilled attorneys that do the heavy lifting. Quick example - The CO legislature recently punted on a bill that would have outlawed red light cameras and photo radar installations - not a big surprise. Knowing full well the pussies would, some attorney's I know drafted a constitutional ballot initiative that is more restrictive than the statutory language would have been, and would apply retro actively to cameras already in use, which the bill didn't. In the end we'll get the ban, by popular vote, the legislature can't fuck with it, and these little fiefdoms that have become so dependent on all that free money can suck it.

If it weren't for our constitutional ballot initiative process, Colorado would be just as un-free as everywhere else.
Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. - Outcast

Asking me for an avatar is like walking up to the biggest queen in the jailhouse showers and dropping the soap. - RFA

Plow

Post by Plow » Tue May 13, 2014 10:16 pm

slavetotheflyrod wrote: If it weren't for our constitutional ballot initiative process, Colorado would be just as un-free as everywhere else.
You guys have pot. All those other freedoms are pointless after that.

Put in 16 hours today, thought I'd throw that out before crashing.
Better Reds than dead...

slavetotheflyrod

Post by slavetotheflyrod » Wed May 14, 2014 12:33 am

Plow wrote:
slavetotheflyrod wrote: If it weren't for our constitutional ballot initiative process, Colorado would be just as un-free as everywhere else.
You guys have pot. All those other freedoms are pointless after that.

Put in 16 hours today, thought I'd throw that out before crashing.
Pot is "all those other freedoms" rolled into one.

Literally.

I'd usually go for some nice dank indica after a long day like that - really relaxes the aching back after a long one, calms the muscle cramps also.

Guess I'll run down Broadway and grab a lid before they close...
Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. - Outcast

Asking me for an avatar is like walking up to the biggest queen in the jailhouse showers and dropping the soap. - RFA

MTgrayling
Location: ...down river from you when steelheading; releasing a whitefish above you when the trout are on...

Post by MTgrayling » Wed May 14, 2014 9:56 am

slavetotheflyrod wrote:

See, now I have a problem with this here. If and when the time comes to bring the fight to the oppressors, the cause must be just or the cause will be lost, it's that simple.

Just the same, at this point I think it would be reckless to say the least to get into an armed conflict with the gov't this day and age.
Words to live by.

Scary movie ...

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... f-secrets/
Ryan found his way out; your escape awaits...

Let there be HIGH water!

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Sat May 17, 2014 10:30 pm

I am all out of steam, it is summer in NW MT for Christ sake....
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

blumpkin

Post by blumpkin » Sat May 17, 2014 10:34 pm

If I was gonna stir shit up, I would probably target Hillary, and O'trauamaCare.
"Dunno how this’ll go, I’ve been drinking since 2”
Travis.

Pancho Rancho

Post by Pancho Rancho » Sun May 18, 2014 6:54 am

My dog Buddy just ate his breakfast and yes, he also just went out and shit.
Fuck 'em and feed 'em fish

Oh, and nice fishes. Randall Dee