By cantfishforshit
austrotard wrote:who cares.

Don't you have a fucking business to run or something? Go carve some shit, or shop for t-weed or smoke a spliff.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
Quastion dwain , What percentage of 'em have neck tats?

I know I shouldn't but I tend to use that to judge decision making skills.
By cantfishforshit
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:Quastion dwain , What percentage of 'em have neck tats?

I know I shouldn't but I tend to use that to judge decision making skills.

Almost all of 'em. Most of 'em are either on work release, or on parole. We've had a few fights and one knife fight in the 7 months I've been there. I was lucky enough to be on line when the knife fight started.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
Do they hate you because you represent authority. ?

Better be careful or you'll get shanked.

Another question: are the ones that cant stack boxes right or put stickers on really worth a higher minimum wage. ?

I'm not trying to be inflammatory but you express that they are borderline incapable but also support raising their wage.
I find that perplexing.
By cantfishforshit
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:Do they hate you because you represent authority. ?

Better be careful or you'll get shanked.

Another question: are the ones that cant stack boxes right or put stickers on really worth a higher minimum wage. ?

I'm not trying to be inflammatory but you express that they are borderline incapable but also support raising their wage.
I find that perplexing.
They can understand how to do the tasks, but many of them require more attention than the average person. Some of them are fully capable, others not so much. As far as the pay, I support a living wage for all. I didn't say that they can't do it, I just said that they are slow to learn and that asking a mother of 2 to work another full time job at minimum wage to get ahead doesn't add up. Even if they could do the 80 hours a week, day care would eat almost all of the extra pay up. Most people can work and get ahead. Some cannot.
By austrotard
yeah but no but yeah.

natural selection.
extra wonga doesn't make one smarter.
case in point... you.
By BigTimber
Funny how "they" are usually the most fertile too. where the fuck was that in darwin's theories? not funny ha ha, but funny, as in queer, like this thread.
By gadflyfisher
Key riced I'm changing my mind about this.
The leech is really a hero.

Thanks plow.
I never realized this was all about the ACA.
Fucking Obamy stealing some poor shlubs cattle to pay for some lazy pregnant minorities healthcare.
Got it.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
cantfishforshit wrote:
They can understand how to do the tasks, but many of them require more attention than the average person. Some of them are fully capable, others not so much. As far as the pay, I support a living wage for all. I didn't say that they can't do it, I just said that they are slow to learn and that asking a mother of 2 to work another full time job at minimum wage to get ahead doesn't add up. Even if they could do the 80 hours a week, day care would eat almost all of the extra pay up. Most people can work and get ahead. Some cannot.

I totally agree on the living wage. However I think that after that fact this is where our philosophies diverge. The real dilemma is for those that are competent box stackers and sticker stickers. Both of these positions being Minimum wage duties the barely competent and the incompetent and the highly skilled stackers and stickers will all be paid the new higher minimum wage regardless of their productivity and efficiency all in the name of being "fair" . The labor forces of the market don't recognize "fairness" beyond apples to apples oranges to oranges comparisons. This will eventually force those paying to make the best decision and eliminate any substandard performing payees and thus cut those that are supposedly helped by the higher minimum and favor those that are proficient at the easy tasks. The consumers demand a "fair " price and may not want to pay " a little extra" because it takes two substandard box stackers.
You seem to be a "no Frills " meat and potatoes kind of guy. Do you look for a starbucks in the morning instead of the Gas station coffee because they are "socially conscious" and the gas station doesn't sell " free trade" coffee? I'll splurge for a starbucks on occasion because Dorcey likes them moca frapalatte things and I like the pike place coffee but it really has nothing to do with being "socially aware" other than the girl at the gas station wipes her nose on her sleeve and doesn't change the stale coffee pot out often enough to keep it fresh.
So I will quote you in saying,"Most people can work and get ahead. Some cannot."
A lot of life decisions have consequences.....Dui 's ,drug arrests, Child support, garnishments, bankruptcy, Std's..... all have consequence. I find it unnecessary to be the moral police for others as the left often accuses the right of being or wanting to be but as an independent with strong libertarian leanings I also find it unappealing to be asked to mop up the greasy shit pile that others have made on their own.

oh yeah another quarstion:

what exactly is a "spliff"?
By cantfishforshit
We are short on people as it is...company is too cheap to pay for full time employees, so they use temps. A spliff is a very large joint.
deliberate fuel

very excellent, thank you. you find the right word[…]

Thumbing Through Some SBSs

Raymond Bumble (variation) https://live.stat[…]

The return of Stolen Hours

October 6, 2020 #44?? Gas $1.99 Started later […]

Shakedown: TR

Most excellent! Thanks for sharing, KP

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine