Glad the CEO of BP

slavetotheflyrod

Re: Glad the CEO of BP

Post by slavetotheflyrod » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:47 pm

B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:They call that " a turkey leg " in Aintry.

So you work for these guys despite their willful mistreatment of the unqualified under performing temp workers ?
We call it "breakfast" here in CO
Make sure to keep the riff-raff out. - Outcast

Asking me for an avatar is like walking up to the biggest queen in the jailhouse showers and dropping the soap. - RFA

cantfishforshit
Location: Whever I happen to be at the moment, unless I am drunk.

Post by cantfishforshit » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:50 pm

So you work for these guys despite their willful mistreatment of the unqualified under performing temp workers ?

I don't control these things, BM. They do. I work where I can find work and make a living. If a better job pops up, I'll take it. I don't have a lot of choice in where I work at my current rate and I have too many bills to make less.
Better be putting together one hell of a plan to survive this clusterfuck.
-Blumpkin

If it isn't listed on the commodities market, it gets plowed under in favour of something that is. There's no money in willows or young poplar or native grasses.
-Peetso

Roses are red. Bacon is red. Poetry is hard. Bacon
-Unknown

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:41 pm

cantfishforshit wrote:

I don't control these things, BM. They do. I work where I can find work and make a living. If a better job pops up, I'll take it. I don't have a lot of choice in where I work at my current rate and I have too many bills to make less.

I suppose that's about the way the company looks at things too.

You are getting it !
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

cantfishforshit

Post by cantfishforshit » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:45 pm

B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:

I suppose that's about the way the company looks at things too.

You are getting it !

Smaller to smaller mid sized companies have to cut pretty much everywhere they can. Large corporations have to watch things, but I've found that they are generally concerned about maximizing profit, even to the extent that they pay a non-living wage, solely to make an earnings report look good. Rarely have I seen a need by large corporations to pay such low wages, other than to get the CEO his next multi-million dollar bonus check. Smaller guys like you have good reasons to keep wages as low as possible...the multi-billion dollar corps, not so much.
-Blumpkin

If it isn't listed on the commodities market, it gets plowed under in favour of something that is. There's no money in willows or young poplar or native grasses.
-Peetso

-Unknown

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:23 pm

So now I'm small potatoes. Thanks.

You may have a few things backwards.

It is in my favor to pay the abdolute most I can.
"worst that can happen is a big fat zero and a fine walk out of doors"---Chadroc

cantfishforshit

Post by cantfishforshit » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:06 pm

I'm speaking about small business in general, not you specifically (I did use you as an example but you get my point). So, it's beneficial for you to pay the most you can but not the blue chips?
-Blumpkin

-Peetso

-Unknown

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:58 pm

Sure. I have to be hell on wheels with service and production and quality.

I run on low margins low overhead. No place to spread out the cost of folks that can't stack boxes right.

I pay good for good people. And it's not mean when someone doesn't make the grade to justify their pay. It's business.

cantfishforshit

Post by cantfishforshit » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:52 pm

The way I was raised was that you should feel ashamed if you didn't pay a person what they were worth. You should also feel ashamed if you didn't earn your pay. Paying a person less than a living wage so that you can earn a bonus and boost numbers is not something my family would have done. Any person doing any work deserves a living wage.
-Blumpkin

-Peetso

-Unknown

austrotard

Post by austrotard » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:37 am

cantfishforshit wrote:The way I was raised was that you should feel ashamed if you didn't pay a person what they were worth. You should also feel ashamed if you didn't earn your pay. Paying a person less than a living wage so that you can earn a bonus and boost numbers is not something my family would have done. Any person doing any work deserves a living wage.
you should go work for your pa, john-boy.
you know... at the risk of feeling ashamed.

fuck's sake, man.
no one gives a shit about your fucking moralistic upbringing.
and I reckon you talk complete bollocks. it's nonsense. all of it. a fabrication based on keyboard tapping dribbleshits.

if you were so right and true to the people you wouldn't be stacking boxes/stretching underpants/or whatever the fuck you think it is that you do that is so god damned important.

shut the fuck up. seriously.
you're obviously a fucking moron who couldn't run a bath, never mind a merry crew of retard degenerates.

what. a. fucking. idiot.
you're the village idiot here. why can't you realise that?

shit. I think I've just answered my own question.
we'll always have buffalo, sweet josh.

-mtice

cantfishforshit

Post by cantfishforshit » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:50 pm

I've said it before, but it's worth repeating; I don't give a fuck what you think, Tard. Seriously...all of your typing is wasted.
-Blumpkin

-Peetso

-Unknown

Average Joe
Location: Where they rip out the trees and name streets after them.

Post by Average Joe » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:18 pm

cantfishforshit wrote:I've said it before, but it's worth repeating; I don't give a fuck what you think, Tard. Seriously...all of your typing is wasted.
Maybe, but it's also funny as hell.

B.M. Barrelcooker

Post by B.M. Barrelcooker » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:24 pm

austrotard wrote:
cantfishforshit wrote:The way I was raised was that you should feel ashamed if you didn't pay a person what they were worth. You should also feel ashamed if you didn't earn your pay. Paying a person less than a living wage so that you can earn a bonus and boost numbers is not something my family would have done. Any person doing any work deserves a living wage.
you should go work for your pa, john-boy.
you know... at the risk of feeling ashamed.

fuck's sake, man.
no one gives a shit about your fucking moralistic upbringing.
and I reckon you talk complete bollocks. it's nonsense. all of it. a fabrication based on keyboard tapping dribbleshits.

if you were so right and true to the people you wouldn't be stacking boxes/stretching underpants/or whatever the fuck you think it is that you do that is so god damned important.

shut the fuck up. seriously.
you're obviously a fucking moron who couldn't run a bath, never mind a merry crew of retard degenerates.

what. a. fucking. idiot.
you're the village idiot here. why can't you realise that?

shit. I think I've just answered my own question.
Needs more ire but still pretty cool :cool