By SOBF
I rowed a drift boat across a lake, fished a river mouth, caught a bull trout and came back home.

All since my last post on this thread.
That is clearly a more productive thing to do !!
By Plow
Had to google bull trout. Hard not to learn something new every day down here. Tomorrow I'm googling "row".
By slavetotheflyrod
blumpkin wrote:I rowed a drift boat across a lake, fished a river mouth, caught a bull trout and came back home.

And I made a weeks wages in about 2 hours this a.m.

I'd trade ya any day.
By B.M. Barrelcooker
slavetotheflyrod wrote:
blumpkin wrote:I rowed a drift boat across a lake, fished a river mouth, caught a bull trout and came back home.

I'd trade ya any day.
Me and cantfidhfordhit want our share. It's only fair.
By cantfishforshit
B.M. Barrelcooker wrote:
slavetotheflyrod wrote:

I'd trade ya any day.
Me and cantfidhfordhit want our share. It's only fair.

Yeah...he didn't go out and run the shit outta someone at low wages with no bennies...nice try though.
By SOBF
Yeah...he didn't go out and run the shit outta someone at low wages with no bennies...nice try though.
Two people bitching about what they make and how they're treated from an employer of many thousands. Rock solid proof McD's is a bad place. I work for an employer of 5000 ish and could find 2 people to piss and moan about what they make and how they're treated.
The bonus system at my place of employment favors salaried workers. Is it fair ? Life is not not fair. If I don't like it I can find a job with a different company. Someday working at McD's is likely low paid so there are other job opportunities available. Go work at Subway,Taco Bell,Burger King, or a grocery store. I'm sure they are just as evil though.
By cantfishforshit
I've experienced not being paid over time first hand. I couldn't just up and leave. I was young and unskilled and it took me almost a year to find a different job. Not paying over time is not limited to the McDonald's corporation and is fairly common for low skilled workers. Also, you don't just move on when injustice happens. You speak up about it. I suppose she should have moved on and just kept quiet? Fuck that. That's how the next guy gets screwed over. Here's an idea; Stick up for people when you see them wronged. Speak out against it and try and help get it changed.
By pbrstreetgang
cantfishforshit wrote:Not paying over time is not limited to the McDonald's corporation and is fairly common for low skilled workers.
To me this says "Get motivated to do and be something better."
By austrotard
cantfishforshit wrote: Here's an idea; Stick up for people when you see them wronged. Speak out against it and try and help get it changed.
you forgot to add... on a fly fishing forum.
you fucking nose honking clown.

you just don't 'get it', man.
fuck sakes.
By cantfishforshit
pbrstreetgang wrote:
cantfishforshit wrote:Not paying over time is not limited to the McDonald's corporation and is fairly common for low skilled workers.
To me this says "Get motivated to do and be something better."

And I agree, generally speaking, but there are many, many people that are not capable of doing more than trying to becoming shift leader at McDonalds, or Subway etc. Hell, many of them aren't capable of doing that. I work with over 150 minimum wage workers. Out of them, I would say that maybe 30-40 are capable of doing more...at the most. I had one lady last night the could not grasp a simple two step task that was new to her. I hat to literally show her 4 times and she finally got it. Not everyone is capable of doing more and if they were, who would sell us our burgers, or clean our restrooms etc? Life doesn't work that way. Not everyone can do better than where they are. Yes, she could have moved on and did, but afterward she decided to speak out about an injustice that, from what I've seen, is not uncommon.
By cantfishforshit
austrotard wrote:
cantfishforshit wrote: Here's an idea; Stick up for people when you see them wronged. Speak out against it and try and help get it changed.
you forgot to add... on a fly fishing forum.
you fucking nose honking clown.

you just don't 'get it', man.
fuck sakes.

You really smoke to much weed. How do you know what I do in addition to this forum? You don't.
Friday Cheer Through Pics

If youve any water left by July that is... Th[…]

Reads

Glad you're enjoying it Obie. I owe Tom a big th[…]

Brood X

damn i guess its been 17 yeqrs since i went back t[…]

whatcha tying?

A little smalljaw treat. 20210118_161823.jpg

Subscribe to The Drake Magazine